Notices

Cleaning inside sills / Inspection Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 26 September 2015, 02:16 PM
Sub-Subaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning inside sills / Inspection Cameras

I've got a 2004 Subaru WRX as my daily driver and I live around country lanes that are usually very muddy. I'm concerned about the build up of dirt in the front arches and that it might be getting pushed into the sills.

I have ordered some rust protection product to spray into the sills but I am wondering if I should first be somehow flushing/cleaning the inside of the sills incase there is any dirt inside them already.

I don't really know how I would do this as I would image the only holes in the sills are the small ones along the side where the clips go for the sideskirt and maybe a small drain gap in the bottom edge.

Just wondered if anyone has ever tried to flush or clean the inside of sills somehow and if so how they did it? Alternatively I was thinking of getting hold of/buying one of those small flexible inspection cameras that I could poke through a hole to see the condition. Has anyone ever used one of these cameras? They seem to be about £50 on ebay.

Any thoughts?
Old 28 September 2015, 12:47 PM
kevo10
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id imagine a hole big enough t put a camera through would be ample to put a high pressure lance to jet it out. The only prob you may have is ensuring the sill was completely dry before treating with anything