Notices
Dealer and Third Party Supplier Queries Need to ask a specific question of a dealer or third party supplier, then do it here.

Anyone dealt with Central Subaru in Willenhall?

Search this Thread

Old 11 May 2007, 10:42 AM
oobster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone dealt with Central Subaru in Willenhall?

I'd like to hear anyone's experiences of dealing with them, as i'm currently in dispute with them.

Cheers
Old 11 May 2007, 05:03 PM
oobster
Scooby Regular

Anyone?
Old 11 May 2007, 06:31 PM
my 93
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oobster
I'd like to hear anyone's experiences of dealing with them, as i'm currently in dispute with them.

Cheers
Used them about 3 years ago and I wouldn't go back.

I paid for a full service (all fluids & cam belt change) there and they never checked the brakes or powersteering fluid, and never chenged the air filter that I had at the time. I did inform them the disc'swere warped and I was changing them soon but when I went to pick it up the fluid was low and needed topping up. I'm sure it was never changed, I also had to get them to top up the power steering fluid before I left (who knows if that was changed or not).

That was my only dealing with them and it was enough for me.
Old 12 May 2007, 11:12 AM
oobster
Scooby Regular

I understood that they were only a breakers yard?
Old 15 May 2007, 12:01 AM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

used central a few times and most recently on friday just gone
they are from my opinion genuine honest people there is only two of them there now and they both know what they are doing and i would use them again
Old 15 May 2007, 09:36 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

I used them years ago when I first got my classic and I was young naive and didnt know anything. Had them fit me a so called uprated clutch only to find out 6 months later that it was a standard clutch that they replaced my damaged clutch with. Also had them do a service and found out later that they had only changed 3 of the spark plugs??? and loads of other things that make me realise how bad they really where!!!

I know plenty of people who have had work done and not been happy, just type them in on the search at the top of the page and see what people think!!!!
Old 15 May 2007, 09:38 AM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/scoobynet-...central+subaru

Here's one thread I can find!!!
Old 15 May 2007, 05:33 PM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
I used them years ago when I first got my classic and I was young naive and didnt know anything. Had them fit me a so called uprated clutch only to find out 6 months later that it was a standard clutch that they replaced my damaged clutch with. Also had them do a service and found out later that they had only changed 3 of the spark plugs??? and loads of other things that make me realise how bad they really where!!!

I know plenty of people who have had work done and not been happy, just type them in on the search at the top of the page and see what people think!!!!
with all due respect i have heard some horror stories but myself have not witnessed one but as they are local i will use them
scoobyboy1 i understand your reson for your comment but why if they are so bad did i see you there not so long ago??
Old 16 May 2007, 01:09 AM
maydew
Scooby Regular

i think as a general rule they are good for second hand bits as i also live near by i have also heard some storys but never witnessed so cannot really comment on that, but in this game everythin goes on how good your reputation is and everyone must agree on that and u must have some doubt as u wouldnt be asking but like i have said wicked for second hand parts
Old 17 May 2007, 12:52 PM
daniel p smith
Scooby Regular

i was out and about the other day and i got chatting to a lad who has a type r and he had just had his engine built there it had done about 2000 miles and it sounded abit tappety and it was knocking abit i said take it back, he thought it was supposed to be like that not sure what happened with it but i wouldn't use them judging from that

Last edited by daniel p smith; 17 May 2007 at 12:54 PM. Reason: can't bloody type
Old 17 May 2007, 10:14 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gaz-cole
scoobyboy1 i understand your reson for your comment but why if they are so bad did i see you there not so long ago??
Havent owned a scooby for about 2 years now

When did you see me there!!! Dont get me wrong if your missing a little thing like a bolt, and you despreatly need one then fair play there only round the corner so its quick and easy, but as long as they dont fit it then you should be alright!!!!
Old 21 May 2007, 04:13 PM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyboy1
Havent owned a scooby for about 2 years now

When did you see me there!!! Dont get me wrong if your missing a little thing like a bolt, and you despreatly need one then fair play there only round the corner so its quick and easy, but as long as they dont fit it then you should be alright!!!!
i saw you there probably about two months ago in you focus talking to andy!
Old 29 May 2007, 06:58 PM
scoobyboy1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gaz-cole
i saw you there probably about two months ago in you focus talking to andy!
Ahhh!!!!! must have been someone else in a Focus RS then!!!!

My brothers mate had some work done on a silver WRX, and I had to drop him off to pick his car up!!!! Most of my mates still use them regardless of what I say!!!!!

What scoob you got, as ive probably seen you about!!!!
Old 29 May 2007, 11:07 PM
gaz-cole
Scooby Regular

oh right that explains it, then i drive a red 94wrx saloon nothing special.
Old 06 June 2007, 07:16 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

went about a year ago and they were trying to find out what my problem was with poor running, he came up with coolant temp sensor, and changed it for a second hand one, got in the car, and it did seem to have fixed the problem, went down the road, got to the first decent stretch of road and opened her up and hit a brickwall, took it back straight away and it turned out he hadnt connected something that he had undone to get at the sensor and this caused boost cut. i wouldnt go back there again, but i think this also has to be said, i havnt yet found anyone to work on my car who has installed anyconfidence in me with regards to them knowing what they are talking about, and that includes some of the big names that people take for granted
Old 07 June 2007, 12:00 PM
kieran sti
Scooby Regular

https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain...g-tappets.html

dont know if this will work...
Old 06 November 2014, 08:35 AM
Kirsty_Scoobz
Scooby Newbie

Alright mate,
I've dealt with them recently. Just sorted me a starter motor, was meant to just recon it as brought it new about a year back and it started whining so thought I'll get re conned first if that gives up I'll buy a new one again.
So anyways dropped it off with him at 10am sharp! And had a call at 2ish saying he had attempted to get it sorted but had snapped the bolts on the outside case and nothing could be done so he sourced me a second hand part and fitted that.

Was not impressed but what could I do ay? So just paid the £75 for that and the £25 for him to fit my new knock sensor I had brought.