Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

power v brakes

Search this Thread

Old 10 February 2014, 07:32 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power v brakes

so when is it the rite time to upgrade to brembos or k sports d2 s etc? or are these upgrades only required for track use? or also for fast road cars, ie 350 plus..
Old 10 February 2014, 08:44 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sssssteeeee
so when is it the rite time to upgrade to brembos or k sports d2 s etc? or are these upgrades only required for track use? or also for fast road cars, ie 350 plus..
My standard brembo set up on my 2003 sti started to fade badly with just the TSL 333 remap and that was in 2004 and my car was just used on the road back then.As soon as you can upgrade I would at least with uprated disc and pads which will be a mass improvement over the standard stuff,and see how you get on,then maybe calipers especially if your thinking of doing track days.SJ.
Old 10 February 2014, 10:30 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

well im a bit commited as I went and bought some Saturday, was just trying to find out if I have overlooked something that really isn't a requirement etc. I guess I could either have them fitted or clean them up nice and sell on here or ebay, but im probably give them a go. plus they do look more the buizz anyway. thanks for your response mr jedi.
Old 10 February 2014, 10:45 PM
360ste
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

If you have them clean them up and fit them. The better your brakes the safer the car will be.
Old 10 February 2014, 11:53 PM
jura11
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Steve

I always recommend to upgrade first brakes/suspension like to upgrading/raising power on the cars

But in yours case I would upgrade the brakes,you are still running OE 4pots which are not bad on the classic with right pads,but when you try Brembo or K-Sport on yours you will love them

Jura
Old 11 February 2014, 05:28 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by sssssteeeee
well im a bit commited as I went and bought some Saturday, was just trying to find out if I have overlooked something that really isn't a requirement etc. I guess I could either have them fitted or clean them up nice and sell on here or ebay, but im probably give them a go. plus they do look more the buizz anyway. thanks for your response mr jedi.
Did you mean that you got some brembo calipers?if you have that is a very good startmate them up with some performance friction two disc and Z rated pads,trust me when I say that would be all you need,Anger a member on here was running that set up on his 2.35 500+ bhp Subaru with no troubles.SJ.
Old 11 February 2014, 09:17 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

brakes also have as much to do with driving style/use than power IMO................

i have a number of customers running fairly basic (in general terms) brake systems on trackday cars that cope perfectly well with their use but also have road only customers that need extreme race type components/materials because of their driving style
Old 12 February 2014, 07:04 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

thank u chaps for your above comments, I think in that case did the rite thing. should look great with a good clean up, might invest in some grooved disks and blue stuff in coming wks. was going to go for a new caliper anyway as drivers was sticking but only now and again, a sign it was on the way to a proper bigger problems.have felt what that caliper can do when its locked on!!.