Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Best Option......???

Search this Thread

Old 10 June 2011, 04:35 PM
Neill_Orange_Peel
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Option......???

I am running inovit alloys on my classic, they are 18" and are White.

I am needing new tyres for these and am looking at 215/35/18 tyres to suit, the wheels also need a refurb as they are looking tired. I use the Yokohama Parada at the mo.

I am looking at around £250 for powder coating and £400 for half decent tyres, can get a new set for around that can I not.....????

Do I splash out £650 to have new looking wheels or just buy new ones and sell what I have.....????? Any idea how cheap I can get 18" wheels for...????

Old 11 June 2011, 05:39 PM
scoobywho2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I was in the same postion as you, I even have the same wheels but in anthrite grey. When I was looking for tyres it was coming to about 500 for semi decent tyres and also could do with a tidy so in all about £650. I opted for new wheels in the end and spent ages hunting round and bought some 18" bkk299 gold with falcon tyres for £720 delivered from a company called madmotors.com and dealt with a guy called rob who was really helpful, Most of there 18" wheel packages start at around £600 with budget tyres and they do have a wide selection. I intend to sell my old ones for a couple of hundred which are not to bad really, so in effect im paying £500 for brand new wheels with pretty decent tyres. anyway I hope this helps and good luck on whatever you decide.