Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

POOR BRAKE PERFORMANCE

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2008, 11:53 AM
332tur
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default POOR BRAKE PERFORMANCE

Been reading some other people have got bad performance and just want get some advice,opinions.....just got some standard subaru 4 pot front calipers with new drilled and grooved discs and new EBC Redstuff pads. The subaru/jap car garage checked out the calipers to make sure everything was ok........drove down road and nearly ran into back of another car and that was my foot as hard on the pedal as i could do!!!! rove down road with foot on the pedal to warm them up...but nothings improved...any ideas?????
Old 26 October 2008, 12:00 PM
RB5 Boyo
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Yep, get the Godspeed 335mm upgrade kit matey, it might sound expensive, but it was the only way i got decent brakes on my impreza. The standard 4 pot set-up is ok, but will never set the world alight....have a look at what Godspeed has to offer:

Subaru Impreza 335mm Brake Upgrade Kit - Using Mintex 1144 or Ferodo DS2500 Pads

Heres the 335mm discs from the kit i recieved in the post a while back

Old 26 October 2008, 12:08 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 332tur
Been reading some other people have got bad performance and just want get some advice,opinions.....just got some standard subaru 4 pot front calipers with new drilled and grooved discs and new EBC Redstuff pads. The subaru/jap car garage checked out the calipers to make sure everything was ok........drove down road and nearly ran into back of another car and that was my foot as hard on the pedal as i could do!!!! rove down road with foot on the pedal to warm them up...but nothings improved...any ideas?????
if your disks and pads are brand new it will take a while for them to bed in,just drive steady for a week while the pads bed into the new disks,performance will increase as you go,just dont do fast driving/heavy braking till they bed in
Old 26 October 2008, 12:12 PM
332tur
Scooby Newbie

Yeah thats what was thinking, just kinda threw me when the guys had fitted them, took it for a test drive and said they fine. Went a mile down the road into town and nearly went straight into back of a car at red lights with my foot pushed hard down kinda came to a rolling stop ( whilst saying F**k f**k F**k alot hahaha)!!! They came off a subaru that had blown its engine and the guys stripped them down etc so I know the calipers are fine.
Old 26 October 2008, 06:57 PM
andrew jeffs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 332tur
Yeah thats what was thinking, just kinda threw me when the guys had fitted them, took it for a test drive and said they fine. Went a mile down the road into town and nearly went straight into back of a car at red lights with my foot pushed hard down kinda came to a rolling stop ( whilst saying F**k f**k F**k alot hahaha)!!! They came off a subaru that had blown its engine and the guys stripped them down etc so I know the calipers are fine.
blimey just looked at your cars power,those brakes are not man enough for that sort of power.Like the guy above says,get the godspeed big disk upgrade,at least,its the best you can do with stock callipers..

Last edited by andrew jeffs; 26 October 2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 26 October 2008, 07:04 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I assume the guys that fitted them knew the right way upo to fit the caliper...... ie, bleed nipple at the TOP, you'd be amazed how many people fit the bleed nipple at the bottom, but the air rises doesn't sink........