Search this Thread

Old 30 May 2008, 04:34 PM
newjapscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS

hi peeps

my97 wrx JDM

i have just had a new hub and wheel bearing fitted.......before the fitting my ABS light was constantly on, although the brakes seemed fine, the garage told me the light should go out after a few miles as the sensor is located near the hub/bearing........anyway now and again the light goes out......but when out , when i come near to a halt theres a grinding noise and and u can feel it through the brake pedal.....also when slowing wright down theres a one of knock coming from somewhere.

thanx
Old 31 May 2008, 07:05 AM
newjapscoob
Scooby Regular

any1
Old 31 May 2008, 09:56 AM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Default ABS light

Originally Posted by newjapscoob
hi peeps

my97 wrx JDM

i have just had a new hub and wheel bearing fitted.......before the fitting my ABS light was constantly on, although the brakes seemed fine, the garage told me the light should go out after a few miles as the sensor is located near the hub/bearing........anyway now and again the light goes out......but when out , when i come near to a halt theres a grinding noise and and u can feel it through the brake pedal.....also when slowing wright down theres a one of knock coming from somewhere.

thanx
when the light is constantly on the abs is not working and the brakes on a classic scoob feel awesome. if the light is flickering on and off the it is likely that a sensor or one of the abs rings is damaged, you may be lucky and they may just need a clean. the only way to check is to look at the sensors on all four wheels.
Old 03 June 2008, 10:17 AM
bigdyl69
Scooby Regular

I have a 96 Classic I've just bought and the ABS light is constantly on. The guy I (stupidly) bought it from said it's cause the previous set of pads wore down to the metal and he was told when they were replaced that something or other needs resetting, is this true or have I more than likely got a sensor or pump failure? Is there any easy way to check (I'm a novice at all this)?
Old 04 June 2008, 09:25 AM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Default ABS

Originally Posted by bigdyl69
I have a 96 Classic I've just bought and the ABS light is constantly on. The guy I (stupidly) bought it from said it's cause the previous set of pads wore down to the metal and he was told when they were replaced that something or other needs resetting, is this true or have I more than likely got a sensor or pump failure? Is there any easy way to check (I'm a novice at all this)?
As previously said you have to check the sensors etc, you should also check that the fuse for the ABS circuit is still fitted. AFAIK scooby's have never used a pad with an electrical wear sensor and is they did it would light the brake warning light not the ABS light.
Old 04 June 2008, 02:12 PM
bigdyl69
Scooby Regular

Thanks, I'll give the fuse thing a try. I hope that fixes it as I can't afford to spend much more on my new toy at the moment