Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

wierd abs problem

Search this Thread

Old 23 May 2008, 04:47 PM
andre_k
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wierd abs problem

on a my98, i have a wierd abs problem. the abs light stays on 95% of the time, when its on my brakes are ok, but with no abs.

Sometimes, however, the light goes out. when its out and i brake, i get a second of pedal resistance/abs then then it brakes fine. It does this at any speed, and only during the 5% of the time when the light is out.

im going to tackle them tomorrow on my ramp. what shall i do first? clean the sensors? How do i clean them?
Old 23 May 2008, 10:37 PM
Tazz Kill Er
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS

Originally Posted by andre_k
on a my98, i have a wierd abs problem. the abs light stays on 95% of the time, when its on my brakes are ok, but with no abs.

Sometimes, however, the light goes out. when its out and i brake, i get a second of pedal resistance/abs then then it brakes fine. It does this at any speed, and only during the 5% of the time when the light is out.

im going to tackle them tomorrow on my ramp. what shall i do first? clean the sensors? How do i clean them?
HI,

I had a similar issue it turned out to be the tip of one of the sensors had been snapped off and it was moving around on the end of the sensor.
glued it back on with superglue, it worked ok then so i got a replacement from Central subaru and swapped it out.

Cheers