Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Wilwood brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2002, 11:26 PM
WRBlue
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wilwood have just released several new kits for the current WRX. I have mailed them in the states for details and am waiting a reply & will share the knowledge when it's available. Anyone got experience of these brakes, appears that they are big into yank racing and aftermarket.

At Autosport Int last week the Brembo and Prodrive reps were a wast of time (not getting my cash as result of major cold shoulder to said scoobyn man-in-the-street), AP racing guys were totally helpful, several minor manufacturers a tad dodgey and Wilwood caught my interest with their history, attitude and product quality. Appetite has been whetted.

JJ
Old 17 January 2002, 09:22 PM
Danny Fisher
Scooby Regular

You should have meet/chatted to the guy on the Ferodo stand. He had some totally SEXY looking calipers, watch this space on this one.

Back to the point of the question, Wilwood are imported in to the UK by Rally Design in Faversham. Yes the calipers are strong, but is you want a strong caliper that does not cost as much as AP/Brembo speak to Geoff at Hi-Spec. The CNC machine their own calipers that look very nice, and work very well or they can sell you the Wilwood calipers. Give them a call on 01322 286850.

Dan
Old 17 January 2002, 09:54 PM
WRBlue
Scooby Regular

Glad you enjoyed the show as well although crowds on Sat were a pain and far too many buggies around.

What calipers were Ferodo exhibiting? I missed their stand so I checked their website and they do not appear to manufacture/market any. Will def speak to Hi-Spec.

Don't get me wrong, have megga respect for Brembo/AP Racing, I just want to explore alternatives before I flex the plastic and I am willing to try a new set up on my car if its worth it.