Wheels for subaru Vivio

Search this Thread

Old 24 July 2007, 04:57 PM
renkema
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels for subaru Vivio

Hello,

My name is Martijn and I live in Holland. I have a question about the wheel size of my subaru vivio.The orginal size of my wheels 145/70/12. Can anybody tell me what kind of wheels i can put under it? 13 or 14 inch and what is the size of tires i can put on it?? Does 175/70/13 fit?? Because that is a wheel + tyre i can buy at the moment. I hope anyone can help me.

Regards,
Martijn
Old 13 October 2007, 11:17 PM
NutterKam
Scooby Regular

Martijn, the biggest wheels you can put on your vivio are 15s BUT you will need a very sepcial size. I think you ned 15x5J or maximum of 15x5.5J. 100 PCD 4 with (i think) 59mm center bore. I have a Vivio with 14x5.5J. The offset you need (I think again) is 45mm. Hope this helps
Old 21 June 2014, 09:18 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

i had a set of 185/60/14 tyres on my vivio and it ruined the wheelarches. generally speaking you can have up to 17" wheels under the arches of these though providing the sidewall is tiny on the tyres. i have 185/45/15 tyres at the moment which do not catch at all.
to find the best tyres for a set of wheels you have, look on a tyre size calculator and aim for an overall diameter of less than 22". hope this helps!
Old 05 April 2015, 02:41 PM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

Hey guys could you send pictures of your vivio's with the new wheels? I'm still looking for new tires. I have bought a set of BBS rims 6,5J R14 ET 20, will it fit with 165-55-14 wheels? The overall diameter is less than 22 inch. But I'm worrying about the width..

Thanks in advance,
Floris
Old 05 April 2015, 03:32 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

Hiya,
On 14x6.5, you need a 38 offset. nothing else will fit unfortunately.
Anything over 38 offset will cause the rear wheels to catch on the rear lower arms (you literally get 1mm clearance on 38 offset). Anything under 38, like yours, will unfortunately hang out the arches.
For a comparison, I had a set of compomotives with a 15 offset and they hung out around an inch on the rear and even more on the front. I'm currently running 6.5 j with 38 offset, and have pretty much tried every other size with no luck.
I'll upload some pics later, but on mobile Internet my phone wont play ball! Lol
Old 05 April 2015, 03:42 PM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by squidge
Hiya,
On 14x6.5, you need a 38 offset. nothing else will fit unfortunately.
Anything over 38 offset will cause the rear wheels to catch on the rear lower arms (you literally get 1mm clearance on 38 offset). Anything under 38, like yours, will unfortunately hang out the arches.
For a comparison, I had a set of compomotives with a 15 offset and they hung out around an inch on the rear and even more on the front. I'm currently running 6.5 j with 38 offset, and have pretty much tried every other size with no luck.
I'll upload some pics later, but on mobile Internet my phone wont play ball! Lol
Hey thnx for the quick response! The offset is just fine, I'm really digging the low offset look. The problem is that I dont know which tires won't the metal behind the wheels. Which tire size do you use? Btw I'm using 10mm spacers, so my original ET was 30 but back than the rim wouldn't even fit
Old 06 April 2015, 10:01 AM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

Hiya,
I'm running 175/50/14 on mine, and the tires fit on the rims spot on. 185 should give a slight bulge, 165 should give a slight stretch!
Try not to go oversize though as you will start rubbing the tires on the suspension

Last edited by squidge; 06 April 2015 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06 April 2015, 10:14 AM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

http://s844.photobucket.com/user/Ash...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s844.photobucket.com/user/Ash...tml?sort=3&o=1

To give you an idea on tire size. sorry she looks a mess, just got some jap spec upgrades and am waiting for paint!

Last edited by squidge; 06 April 2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 06 April 2015, 10:50 AM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

Thnx! Man the wheels look awesome! I also saw a blue Vivio somewhere in your photo album that one also looks cool as hell! What can of mods did you do to it? I have Vivio AWD but it is kind of slow 'cause it is natural aspirated. So I'm looking to make it a bit faster
Old 06 April 2015, 01:26 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

I have three vivios, the blue one, the yellow one and a red 3-door. Blue and yellow are standard naturally aspirated, red one is supercharged.
The blue one is pretty much standard except some wheel arches, wheels and de-tango. (which is real easy to do, you just unscrew the lights in the bumper and take the orange bit out ;D) then you can colour the surrounds in black to give it that flush look, which is what I done.
Yellow one has a decat, again, really easy to do. Just unbolt the exhaust from the manifold (4 nuts under the bonnet) and smash the cat with a screwdriver and hammer! It's also got a cold air filter, both give it some noise and for some reason let's it rev higher! It frees up a lot of power top end.
It's also got a set of lowering springs which drop vivios about 35-45mm. I can link you to them on ebay if you want, but they are rock hard.

Last edited by squidge; 06 April 2015 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06 April 2015, 01:51 PM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

Thank you! I'm wondering where you bought the exhaust and the wheel arches for the blue one. Did you tune after the decat and cold air filter, or is that not needed? Sorry I'm asking all this stuff but I'm just very happy to finally meet someone that has experience with this car!
Old 06 April 2015, 02:03 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

Haha, no problem! Makes a change to find someone else with a vivio!
The exhaust is almost completely standard except the can at the back, That is a centre silencer from a 1993 impreza wrx. You can get an aftermarket one cheap on ebay, and it's just a case of using a reducer pipe and some exhaust clamps to hold it onto the original vivio pipe. Mine has a welded on chrome tip, but considering the size of an impreza exhaust, you don't really need a tip!
I'll take a pic of it when I get home.

The arches are on ebay as universal time attack arches (65mm) they were around £65 for all four. Fronts fit almost perfect and the backs you can either fit under the door like I did (but they hang out below the rear bumper) or mount on the door making the rear doors unusable!
Old 06 April 2015, 02:07 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

Oh, and the vivios run a smart ecu as standard. They don't need remapping or tuning at all, it's just a case of drive it for a little while and wait for it to tune itself! Mine raised its rev limiter to around 9000 when I changed the air filter
Old 06 April 2015, 08:09 PM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

I would like to have the link of the arches! I think the backside will also fit perfect knowing I have a 3-door Vivio

Someone who also tuned his N/A vivio recommended me this part "13015KA390" it's a fast camshaft, to share some of my own knowledge. It also gives a lot of lot of power top end.
Old 06 April 2015, 08:30 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

here is the arches:
Http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item...273976&alt=web

do you know how much power gain this cam gives? I've been looking to upgrade to an EN07X engine (twin cam) but this may be a cheaper option
Old 06 April 2015, 08:50 PM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

approximately 15% to 20% with supporting mods ! I found a Russian supplier that sells them for around £90 (without shipment I think). I still haven't bought them, want my aftermarket ECU to work first...

http://www.impex-jp.com/zip/nomer/13015KA390.html
Old 06 April 2015, 09:57 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

Ah okay, I may look deeper into getting one. As I said earlier, the standard ecu should cope okay, I was running a bee*R launch control and variable rev limiter for a while on standard ecu.
Old 02 June 2015, 08:36 PM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

You're probably right about the aftermarket ECU, bit waste of money and time. I have just recently bought an cold air intake and a tacho gauge. Do you have an ECU pin out?
Old 02 June 2015, 08:58 PM
squidge
Scooby Newbie

Hiya, I don't have a pinout yet, but am making one in the near future. If you want to know where to wire the tacho, it should be fine running from the yellow and black wire on the coil (bolted onto the back of the engine bay over to the right).
For the air intake, just bolt it up to the car and drive slowly and locally for about 20 miles. The car will misfire and run very lean while the ECU resets, so try not to drive hard or for a long time until it's driving okay again
Old 02 June 2015, 10:45 PM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

Thnx for the quick response
Old 10 February 2016, 09:10 AM
Barakoeza
Scooby Newbie

Hey Squidge! I finally got the new rims, they fit spot on Indeed a offset of 38! Also did the de tango and blinded my rear windows.

I was wondering why you took your rev limiter off? Looking for purchasing one.
Also :$ could you send me a link of the springs?

Thanks!
Floris