Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Godspeed - caution!

Search this Thread

Old 14 April 2007, 03:51 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Godspeed - caution!

I really didn't want to go public on this but I'm left with little option.

I placed an order (and paid for) on the 9th Feb for some bells and brackets. Was told that they were on the shelf and would just need anodising (at my request) but I should have them by the end of that week.

I made numerous phonecalls and was told again and again of delays with the company doing the anodising, but should be ready for him to pick up anytime soon (back in feb).

As it was taking so long anyway I enquired how long it would take to have my calipers refurb'd them. Was told they would be turned around quickly (that weekend), so I sent them off to be done on the 1st March.

Again after lots of phonecalls I feel I have just been fobbed off . I was told they were sent via courier (nightspeed) on the 7th April but still nothing. Then told this week that someone addressed it wrong. I enquired about tracking details but was sidestepped. I enquired which address they were addressed wrongly to and found that although not the address I wanted it sent to it would still have reached here safely netherless. Also when enquiring about the couriers they seem to be different to what I was told previously.

I had read some poor reviews about Godspeed on here before but chose to give them (him) the benefit of the doubt as there seemed to be lots of positive reviews too and he seemed to respond to my communications with him.

At the moment I am left without use of my only car, until the brakes arrive. They have about £1000 of my money/product and the phone number seems to have gone dead.

Bob
Old 14 April 2007, 04:59 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Bob,

feel for you mate ...... I get slated every time I say a bad word against Godspeed (await mods that are on his side to vape this thread !!!) .

You will get awd_wrx sticking up for Ian now, making lame excuses
Old 14 April 2007, 05:01 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

To add Hence this
Old 14 April 2007, 05:15 PM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

been there done that!
same thing i bought a car fitted with godspeed 335 kit !
great until disk started to crack!
ordered disk rotors and pads only , was told on the shelf item will fit your bells no problem !
2 months later money in ians bank no disks on doorstep!
fobbed off with wrong address !
wrong disks manufactured etc!
finally agreed to get another set sent off un anodised , i am an engineer so could sort!
disks turn up and no new bolts or nuts for bells!
then disks are bady drilled so bells don,t fit fit!
so i have to redrill bells!
great product but s **t customer service ringing e mailing all the time!

Last edited by silver sonic; 15 April 2007 at 02:27 AM. Reason: edited
Old 14 April 2007, 05:45 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Old 14 April 2007, 06:06 PM
scooby0809
Scooby Regular

the plot thickens thanks for the thumbs up tho!as i need some new discs soon for my ap brakes and was told to get them from here as much better price but if thats what your up against i think i will just get the proper ap ones!
Old 14 April 2007, 07:09 PM
ex-webby
Orange Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*Nate*,
Sorry.... but I am getting sick and tired of individuals making comments like the one that you have made, about the "mod's" perhaps vaping this thread because of being on "his" side. Bob has just made a constructive, balanced post which is absolutely fine.

Silver Sonic,
Have you got cast iron proof that this is the case with that username? If not, best not to make statements like that.

Bob,
Hope you get this sorted soon.

regards,
Shaun.
Old 14 April 2007, 07:26 PM
tronlc
Scooby Regular

Apparently I am told similar things are said on other forums such as passion ford etc... have a look..
Old 14 April 2007, 09:03 PM
P1James
Scooby Regular

I was at Godspeed today picking some rear pads up and he said they had a fault on there phone line that will be fixed by monday

Sliver sonic , If you have the old design dscs with straight grooves , they will not fit the new design bells and vice versa , I dont believe Ian would have told you they would fit , I also dont believe the discs were ' drilled badly ' as you put it , all that work is done on his CNC machine , so all work like that is perfect

I have had a few kits from them and everything I have had has been top quality and a perfect fit.
Old 14 April 2007, 09:13 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Best way to get Ian to email you is to post a negative comment on here, lol..!

Had been trying for months, with great difficulty, to get a quote off him for some of 'his' AP's. I gave up in the end..!

I then recently posted on another thread that some people have had problems with replacement pads for the 335 kit and lo and behold I get an email from Ian (within 12 hrs) demanding an apology..! In fact I had three within 24hrs..!

Whatever you think of his products, the customer relations side of Godspeed leaves a lot to be desired..!

Bob, I wondered what was taing so long, lol..!
Old 14 April 2007, 09:29 PM
P1James
Scooby Regular

Bob , just curious but if your only having bells and brackets from Godspeed , how come they have a £1000 off you ??? these are only about £300
Old 14 April 2007, 11:57 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Default If ye

read his thread It says that he also sent off his calipers for refurb so I think it will be this that takes the cost upto his quoted price
Old 15 April 2007, 02:34 AM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

webby , your right ! edited!
p1 james ,
i am an engineer as prevoiusly stated.
ran , programmed far too many cnc machines to know what i am talking about!
you can still get drill runoff ,if drill blunts or c/drill breaks and you do not notice!
these were same disk bell design , but over half the holes had run off! only option was to redrill bells !
had anodised at my own cost!!
Old 15 April 2007, 07:54 AM
P1James
Scooby Regular

scousefly , if you bought brand new calipers it may take it somewhere near £1000 , he advertises brand new complete kits around that cost , so no I still cant see where the £1000 comes from for discs and bells and refurbed calipers , I think he only charges £175 to recondition a pair of calipers

Silversonic , After the experiences I have had with these products I find it hard to believe that this would have happened , even if it did , maybe you should have spoken to Ian about it , as I would have thought if you did he would have sent you another pair , its strange how you slag him and the discs off , and then say they are great products in the same sentence ?? As regards to anodising , Ian doesn't offer this as standard , its an option that costs extra , the time this takes is also a problem as the only peopele local to him are about 30 miles away , and are very slow in doing this , I did enquire about having my bells done but couldn't wait

I will email Ian with copies of these threads and put up his responce as he cant do it himself , perhaps we will get the complete stories / reasons

Last edited by P1James; 15 April 2007 at 07:56 AM.
Old 15 April 2007, 10:05 AM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Is P1James the new awd_wrx?
Old 15 April 2007, 11:18 AM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never had any issues, and wouldn't use anyone else!!
Old 15 April 2007, 01:08 PM
silver sonic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2

p1james , i am obviously a liar then ????.
reason i say they are a good product is when fitted they are good, but having paid out for a set of replacement rotors and had car sitting on cracked disks for approx 6 weeks(not saying disks were faulty just heat cracks eminating from holes) , trying to ring e mail etc. i am hardly likely to get any joy replacing the disks again am i ????
could not wait weeks again !!
as i am an engineer it was easier for me to sort !!! but not everyone could!!
as for the plating the products come plated , not extra!!!!!
already had bells.
should have said plating not anodising!!
stating fact here from my experiences!
you have had good experiences!
i have not!
if you are lucky enough to be local then your experiences are bound to be better stood at his door!
rant over!
Old 15 April 2007, 01:17 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Nate , glad to hear your awaiting my responce , so as to not let you down thought i'd add , christ you'll be wanting to swap spit with me next

I have read back over one of your old threads regarding the brakes your selling , you bitched about this and that back then about the kit not fitting right , and I remember Ian saying for you to measure the spacers you were short of , and he would make a set up for you , but you never did that , but yet Ian is satan almighty for it ??
As far as I can see he was helping you out as much as he could , and this is with an incomplete kit you bought second hand on Ebay ,
But yet in your advert , you state that the reason you didn't keep the kit fitted was you needed wheel spacers and longer studs to make it fit right , surely just because they didnt fit your wheels , that can't be Ian's fault as well , it seems to me that you never wanted any help from him , you are just happy bitching all this time , and it was 3 years ago you bought the kit not 2 years as your adverts states , perhaps you should try actually telling the truth

Bob , I have just phoned Ian , he will contact you tomorrow as your stuff is back with him now as he explained to you last week , what I was told is that he has had £300 from you for discs bells and seals , and you sent him a pair of very rough calipers that he has made workable again , I think he said the calipers should have been scrap they were that bad ! he said has certainly not had £1000 from you in either money or parts , I think he mention he was going to sort a refund out for you for the parts and send you your calipers reconditioned

Cheers Chris

Warren , er no nothing to do with me
Old 15 April 2007, 02:27 PM
P1James
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Haha - no nothing to do with me either
Old 15 April 2007, 04:57 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by awd wrx

Bob , I have just phoned Ian , he will contact you tomorrow as your stuff is back with him now as he explained to you last week , what I was told is that he has had £300 from you for discs bells and seals , and you sent him a pair of very rough calipers that he has made workable again , I think he said the calipers should have been scrap they were that bad ! he said has certainly not had £1000 from you in either money or parts , I think he mention he was going to sort a refund out for you for the parts and send you your calipers reconditioned

Cheers Chris
Chris,

The exact value of the goods is not important. What is important is that I get the parts which I ordered and paid for over 9 weeks ago.

If I knew it was going to take so long I would have purchased from elsewhere and had the parts that same week.

Refund what?

I would also be very interested to see the tracking details of the two failed deliveries.

Bob

Last edited by Aztec Performance Ltd; 15 April 2007 at 05:00 PM.
Old 15 April 2007, 07:44 PM
P1James
Scooby Regular

I would say the exact cost is important , was it £1000 or £300 , because that is a hell of a difference , was it said to sensationalise (sp) your story , if so you should work for The Sun paper. Anything else you have mentioned that is not quite true but doesn't really matter ?

Personally , I think you should be sorting this out direct with Godspeed , too many people nowadays looking to drag someone throught the dirt , and I dont agree with it , its all to easy to rip someones reputation to pieces on a forum like this , over something that might be out of that persons control
Old 15 April 2007, 07:56 PM
~DrEaM~
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1James
I would say the exact cost is important , was it £1000 or £300 , because that is a hell of a difference , was it said to sensationalise (sp) your story , if so you should work for The Sun paper. Anything else you have mentioned that is not quite true but doesn't really matter ?

Personally , I think you should be sorting this out direct with Godspeed , too many people nowadays looking to drag someone throught the dirt , and I dont agree with it , its all to easy to rip someones reputation to pieces on a forum like this , over something that might be out of that persons control
it doesnt matter if its £300, £1000 or even £10.

at the end of the day, goods were never received so what you are saying is if its £300 then is fine for the delay and £1000 not? THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE.

not the first time i heard negative posts about Godspeed.

hope you get it sorted BOB
Old 15 April 2007, 09:38 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Heard both good and bad feedback about Godspeed products and service.

I can only say that my experience of them was always good.

335mm kit delivered the next day.
290mm discs, grooved sent by Ian the same day I posted the cheque!! So it hadn't even go to him. All good servic in my book.

Hope you get sorted though Bob.
Old 16 April 2007, 12:23 AM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by P1James

£375 + a set of AP calipers. Go work out the cost of replacements to the penny if you wish.

I am not looking to drag anyone through the dirt, just stating the facts as they are. I have called Ian more times than I care to remember.

If they turn up sometime soon and the products/work look good then I'll say so. I'll be interested to see tracking details of these failed deliveries.

Bob
Old 16 April 2007, 08:26 AM
Minitrue
BANNED

Location: The Ministry of Truth. War is Peace: Freedom is Slavery: Ignorance is Strength

Ian isnt dishonest; he is very busy and crap at dealing with it! I have little doubt that youll get your kit although I have no idea when.
Old 16 April 2007, 09:59 AM
finchyboy
Scooby Regular

I like it how somebody who has never operated a CNC machine is stright away rubishes silver sonic's comments on drill runout ( i find it very hard to believe) i was a CNC setter operator at cosworth before recently changing career's and what you say is spot on. Drills could have been blunt, pilot drill snapped or the billet not located on fixture properly and the list goes on. The idea that because it's CNC every part is perfect is complete rubbish.
Old 16 April 2007, 08:34 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

Ian contacted me earlier today. Apparently the bells and brackets were damaged by the courier so he's sending them out without the anodising, straight off the shelf.

Said it should be with me by Wednesday.

Will update the thread then.

Bob
Old 16 April 2007, 08:50 PM
Nate
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by awd wrx
I have read back over one of your old threads regarding the brakes your selling , you bitched about this and that back then about the kit not fitting right , and I remember Ian saying for you to measure the spacers you were short of , and he would make a set up for you , but you never did that , but yet Ian is satan almighty for it ??
As far as I can see he was helping you out as much as he could , and this is with an incomplete kit you bought second hand on Ebay ,
But yet in your advert , you state that the reason you didn't keep the kit fitted was you needed wheel spacers and longer studs to make it fit right , surely just because they didnt fit your wheels , that can't be Ian's fault as well , it seems to me that you never wanted any help from him , you are just happy bitching all this time , and it was 3 years ago you bought the kit not 2 years as your adverts states , perhaps you should try actually telling the truth
When I bought the kit, it was *new*, and had never been fitted (only the box it came in had been opened, I suppose to check contents), if it is 3 years, I'll amend the for sale ad, it makes no difference if they have been sitting 18 months or 30 months ...... They still will not have covered any miles in that time .

On Ians site it says nothing about certain wheels not clearing the calipers, only that you need 18" wheels ......... Very little information in my mind . If I had known different wheels were needed, I may have not bought them (as I did check his site before purchasing through Ebay). The only other way the kit would have fitted, would have been to fit Wheel spacers and longer studs, but I was not prepared to do this, as I do track my car, so there is more strain on the longer bolts (as confirmed by Roger Clarks ).

I have given up bitching (as you call it), I now have a decent brake setup that I can trust, and more importantly, get pads etc for easier and from more sources

In conclusion, Ian is not Satan almighty, but does need lessons in communication. Even if he is busy, he needs to keep customers informed, even if it is a quick Email to say he is busy, and needs a few days to get back to you.

My main problem was the lack of communciations, this is what led to me 'giving up', my Telephone messages fell on deaf ears, I did leave :-

1. My home telephone number
2. My work telephone number
3. My mobile number
4. My Email address

None of these were possible for him to contact me on, so that is why I gave up.

I hope that this will be taken as 'constuctive' criticism, as that is how it is aimed

PS. Shaun, I was told off by Dyney before for telling the truth ...... Sorry

Last edited by Nate; 16 April 2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 17 April 2007, 08:25 AM
ScoobyTom
Scooby Regular

FWIW I too had BAD experiences with Godspeed. Poor product and very poor (non existent) customer service - ended up writing the whole thing off to experience (£500 of experince mind you ) and promising myself that I would remember that "you get what you pay for" and "if you pay peanuts you get monkeys"

Just save yourselves a shed load of hassle and don't touch Godspeed with a 10ft barge pole.
Old 17 April 2007, 09:42 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Scooby tom , What was the problem you had ?

Quick Reply: Godspeed - caution!