Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Scarey occurence on my way to work

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2005, 11:53 AM
WRX280
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarey occurence on my way to work

I was on my way to work this morning, lovely day, windows down, enjoying the drive. I am about to overtake a coach and all of a sudden i get tick tick tick noise, which seems to get faster with the revs. Initially i thought the worse. It sounded like a top end type noise, but i knew straight away it wasn't. The noise seemed to be coming from underneath the steering wheel more towards the offside front wheel well. I pulled off at the leamington junction on the A45 and pulled up in a quiet road. I got out the car and had a quick inspection. Nothing obvious. Had a quick peep under the bonnet, again nothing obvious. A quick look underneath the car to make sure there are no fluids and that the undertrays are in-tact...again nothing.

I shut the bonnet and i noticed a white van go past me, with about 3 fairly chunky men in it. They went past me and i noticed the van slow down and begin reversing. I thought at this point, this is all i need. I noticed the chaps in the white van reversing straight at me now with a bit of speed. I quickly got into the scoob, done a quick 3 point turn and was off with the ticking noise still occuring. They missed me by about a couple of metres. I didn't get the number plate or nothing, i had other things on my mind. Drove the car back home and had a quick check. The inner side of the front offside wheel had a chunk of rubber loose and it was flapping about making the ticking noise!

Anyone know where the best place to get a pair of 215/18/35 Toyo Proxes T1s from?

Thanks
Old 31 August 2005, 12:22 PM
STI Craig
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.mytyres.co.uk/start.html
try here