Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2004, 10:14 AM
dinsey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Brake probs Urgent ellllllllllppppppppp

Help

Apologises for posting here as car is not a Scooby 2001 HONDA ACCORD

Just tried to change rears, got old ones out no probs, but the piston would not wind back, it just turns and turns. Tried clockwise first, then anti.

Things I tried, pumping the brakes, and lifting handbrake. Brake fluid just comes out below the piston.

So I have a car, on a Jack, in the drive, I cannot put wheel on as can't get calliper on,(even tried putting on old discs so can move the car, but calliper wont fit as the piston wont go back)

I need the car for work tomorrow and its raining outside.

Anyone know any good mobile mechanics in Reading???
Old 17 October 2004, 11:10 AM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

with most modern rear calipers (including h/brake mechanism - i.e. not SCOOBY!!)............you need a caliper "wind back" tool to apply pressure whilst turning the piston back to return it!!

only place that may help on a sunday is "spit" Halfrauds.............they sell various tools and may have one on the shelf!! you cannot just push it back..........

alyn - asperformance.com
Old 17 October 2004, 11:30 AM
dinsey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stockcar
with most modern rear calipers (including h/brake mechanism - i.e. not SCOOBY!!)............you need a caliper "wind back" tool to apply pressure whilst turning the piston back to return it!!

only place that may help on a sunday is "spit" Halfrauds.............they sell various tools and may have one on the shelf!! you cannot just push it back..........

alyn - asperformance.com
Alyn thanks for reply chap, appreciated since its sunday.
I tried halfords, they dont sell the tool. I have been able to wind it with a wrench but the bugger just wont go in.

If it would go in then i could get the wheel on and take it to some1 to be bled professionlay, with new brake fluid.

What concrens me is when I pumped the breaks, some fluid came back out. Have I borked the piston seals?
Maybe if i opened the bleeder valve and tried to put one wrench on the piston and other turn it, (i know only have 2 hands but hey worth a try i am desperate.)
Old 17 October 2004, 08:28 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

sorry, been out all afternoon....................you need to try and apply pressure whilst winding the piston back in, normally you can't get enough without a pukka tool unfortunately!!

alyn - asperformance.com