Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Prodrive ST2 Wheel Nuts?

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 05:38 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prodrive ST2 Wheel Nuts?

I have the wheels above on my classic WRX. I am using the standard Subaru nuts but would like something a little longer, no jokes, that possibly go futher into the hole.

This is mainly due to having 2mm less thread than standard with the Godspeed kit fitted.

Is there anything out there that I could use. I have had no problems as yet but want piece of mind for future track days.

If RON reads this, did you do anything with yours?
Old 03 September 2004, 08:02 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You rang!!!!!!

I'm just using the standard nuts mate, I don't think you'll have any problems, I used to run 3mm spacers aswell as the kit, and still had no issues, if you do have problems, the first you'll know is when your wheel overtakes you!!! I seriously doubt that that will happen though, if you're really worried, longer studs is the way to go, trouble is, I think you'll struggle to get ones that are only that amount longer, so you might even end up grinding them to suit your requirements.
I'm not a bit concerned about mine, and I do track it, so the stresses are vastly increased, with no probs.
Enjoy!!
Ron.
Old 03 September 2004, 08:26 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Forgot to say, as long as your wheels are actually the prodrive ones, they have an onsert to allow the use of standard nuts, if speedline version, they use different nuts anyway, so still shouldn't be an issue, but I have no experience of them!!
Old 04 September 2004, 01:16 AM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

See.......

HERE

For a design of wheel nut that allows more.....erm...nut engagement (ooer) than a normal nut. Added security too me thinks??

I recently sent an e-mail to Speedline asking about locking nuts which have the same design as the nuts for their wheels.
I got an e-mail back which I cannot access.....(bloody AOL Anywhere!!!) and he told me that Speedline use a different form/design for their nuts/studs which use a paralell section which goes into the wheel, beyone the tapered section of a normal nut.

I have Speedline ST2's on my Impreza and they need this design, as the standard Subaru nut sits too far into the taper. I was advised not to use standard Subaru nuts with the Speedlines.
I cannot remember the name of the "form" for these wheel nuts....it was something like BEMIC, or GEMIC or summat.
The guy from Speedline did say that this "name" was pretty much the industry standard for describing this nut.

Marty
Old 04 September 2004, 06:38 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Marty,
Are your wheels Prodrive, or Speedline??
Cos the prodrive ones have a different insert to allow standard nuts to be used!
Old 05 September 2004, 11:50 AM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

RON, Marty,

I am not sure what versions I have. Do the Prodrive ones have prodrive stamped in or do they still say Speedline?

Anyway, I have metal inserts that the standard nuts seem to go deep into. However, I sat a nut into the wheel to find that the seat is correct but it doesn't use all of it.

Just about to look at the link above.

Cheers guys!!
Old 05 September 2004, 09:13 PM
RON
Scooby Regular

Even the Prodrive ones say speedline, if the original wheel nuts fit then they're defo Prodrive ones, the others are totally different!!
Old 03 April 2006, 10:49 AM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Mine are Speedline and don't have the inserts in the wheels.

You MUST use the correct nuts, otherwise the taper of the nut does not engage with the taper on the wheel correctly.
Old 03 April 2006, 10:50 AM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

How old is this thread??....just noticed after I clicked "post"!! LOL