Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Alcon Prodrive 330mm 4 pots, pad part numbers needed.

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2004, 12:30 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alcon Prodrive 330mm 4 pots, pad part numbers needed.

Does anyone know if Ferodo or EBC do pads (DS2500s/Redstuff) for the Prodrive Alcon 4 pot 330mm kit?

Im struggling to cross reference the pads as I dont have the kit here yet but need the parts sorted straioght away as we have a track day next weekend.

I know the Subaru part number is SACC2579 but Im sure DS or Red would be considerably cheaper if I can just get the part number for them.

A bit chicken and egg but there you go, someone might have the info

Thanks
Old 31 August 2004, 12:36 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I have the same kit... very nice . Speak to Alyn (Stockcar) from AS, he'll get you some pads for the alcons at a good price.

Tony.
Old 31 August 2004, 01:48 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Tone Loc
Hi,

I have the same kit... very nice . Speak to Alyn (Stockcar) from AS, he'll get you some pads for the alcons at a good price.

Tony.
Im a trader so can go straight to Ferodo and EBC which is why I need the part numbers but thanks anyway
Old 31 August 2004, 02:00 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

if your a trader why dont you just look in your pad books ??
Old 31 August 2004, 07:03 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by awd wrx
Thats sounds rather aggressive. Whats it to you?

I dont have the kit yet so I dont have the part numbers for the calipers so I cant look the pads up.

I have two track days this weekend and want to make sure the pads are here in time so Id rather order them now than have to wait until Thursday for the brake kit to land just to find itll take 2 days to get the parts.

Is that ok with you?
Old 31 August 2004, 07:54 PM
R,W,D
Scooby Regular

nice and helpfull reply mate
Old 31 August 2004, 08:58 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

if you deal with Ferodo UK then your wasting your time as they can't/wont supply the ds2500's....................

FCP1077 is the part number you need, and can sort for you as Tone-Loc very kindly points out above..................

alyn - asperformance.com
Old 31 August 2004, 09:31 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

What price are they?
Old 01 September 2004, 12:55 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Ive order the pads from CC (thankyou for the info, much appriciated ) but need some exhaust bits. Ive just given you a ring but your not there so I left my details with the lady
Old 01 September 2004, 01:17 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Bren

Wasn't having a go , just asking what I thought was a obvious answer as the pads and shapes are listed in the pad manufacturers books , it wasnt meant as aggressive ,
Old 01 September 2004, 01:30 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Bren

Wasn't having a go , just asking what I thought was a obvious answer as the pads and shapes are listed in the pad manufacturers books , it wasnt meant as aggressive ,
Ah, ok, cool

It was such an obvious answer that I thought you were having a pop. If I could have looked it up then I would have

Its all sorted now and theyve been ordered and are on their way Ive just recieved some 17" Speedlines to fit them behind and should have the Dunlop D01Js to fit on the rims tommorrow.

I fitted a Walbro pump last night, have a front pipe coming tommorrow, am fitting an AVCR tonight, have 3" harnesses just about installed, will do an oil change tommorrow, will raise the boost so it looks like we should be all set for this weekend

If anyones going to Trax then Ill be in the white Type RA MY93 with white Speedline rims running with the SXOC and a huge number of Nissan 200SXs at noon and then 4pm
Old 01 September 2004, 02:28 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bren, have you got knock monitoring and wideband AFR to assist in setting up the AVC-R or do you have engine management already? Otherwise it may well be kaboom on track.
Old 01 September 2004, 03:05 PM
bren@apex
Former Sponsor

Ive got a wide band lamba sensor

Ive changed my mind re the boost controller, I have one that a company sent us to test out so Im going to fit that instead.

The car should be ok with 1.1 bar shouldnt it? Or is that just the UK cars with the correct map for our fuel?
Old 02 September 2004, 11:43 PM
ande
Scooby Regular

Location: Crowbuck Scoobies, Near the rolling sea, where the weather is calm and still! Come on Sing along!

I have just fitted this brake kit to my Terzo, and to my horror, they didn't fit inside my 17" Speedlines had to space the wheels out by **** loads. So now on the look out for new wheels!

Sorry if this puts a spanner in the works. Better to know early rather then not be able to drive off the ramp!

Ande.
Old 03 September 2004, 07:14 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

Yes those speedlines have very little room in them , the only big brakes that fit behind them are the godspeed brembo kits , there have been loads of threads about them before
Old 03 September 2004, 08:14 AM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

When Prodrive released that kit they changed the wheels form the above to the ST2... which i have. Loads of room. Must say tho that my calipers look nothing like the ones posted above. Where did you get that kit from... also has 2 piece discs so i'm guessing it's a bit 'different.' Was it off ebay???

Tony.
Old 03 September 2004, 09:21 AM
ande
Scooby Regular

Location: Crowbuck Scoobies, Near the rolling sea, where the weather is calm and still! Come on Sing along!

Yep, they are definately Alcon brakes for Prodrive. Still have the boxes for the calipers. They came off of an '04 WRX but bolted straight on. Do you think if I get so OZ Super Turismo's they would fit inside them?

I'm not just with stupid, he follows me everywhere I go!
Old 03 September 2004, 12:26 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

They may well be Alcon brakes supplied to Prodrive but what i am trying to say is they may be brakes intended for competition use etc. I have seen several sets now sold on here and ebay that are compettion items adapted for road use. They are most definately NOT the same as my Prodrive 330mm road brake kit calipers (but prodrive could have changed the calipers... but the latest pics on Prodrive and Subaru's website have pics of my calipers). This measn two things... the pads could well be different and secondly they may be a thicker caliper so even tho my calipers fit behind a certain wheel yours may not. What part number is on the caliper box?

Pic of caliper:

I have seen OZs SuperTs accomodate an AP kit, think they were 48mm ET. So in theory they shoudl fit.

Tony.
Old 03 September 2004, 12:54 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Question

Ande,

And secondly, have you got the discs on the wrong sides of the car? - compare yours to the piccy above and the grooves are the other way round...

This might not be much for the external grooves but does it effect the pumping efficiency of the vents for getting the heat out if they're spinning the "wrong" way?

Andy
Old 03 September 2004, 02:26 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Andes pic is the RHS by the looks of it so grooves are pointing forward and is OK.
The calipers look like the "old" style Alcons that Subaru sold on the Classic shape and bug eyes.
I got the ones that Tone has on my MY04, but I was told there had been a new shape to the calipers for the blobby.

I would be interested to find out what bells and discs those are when my std discs have worn.

Nick
Old 03 September 2004, 05:09 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Can't possible see how that pic could be of the RHS. The caliper is always towards the rear of the car, plus you can see the black sideskirts and the obvious bumper of the left. The grooves definately point towards the rear...as said above tho that may not be a problem and just depends on the vanes/vents in the disc. Could be the vanes aren't curved so again wouldn't be a problem.

As for the caliper, the early classic calipers and the later ones look very similar in that a quick glance and you can't tell the difference, Andes are very different. I'm positive they are not the official Prodrive road calipers from the 330mm kit. Maybe Mike Wood could comment..... i'm sure he would know for sure

Godspeed do some discs and bells for the Alcons Nick.

Tony.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:02 PM
ande
Scooby Regular

Part number for the calipers off of the box is:

CAR9856F11ARRT.

So what everyone is saying is, I've got the discs on the wrong way round. (the picture was of the n/s) and the calipers are race one and not intended for the road.

As I said to Luke (mate who helped me fit them) nothing I do is ever simple.

Last edited by ande; 03 September 2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:31 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Where did you get the kit from? I do like those discs and bells.

Calipers may not be race parts... just that i have never seen that type before. They do look identical to a set that was on ebay recently tho.

Tony.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:32 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Oh.... and did you get any pad 'anti-rattle' springs.

Tony.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:33 PM
ande
Scooby Regular

Yeah, I did get them from eBay this week. Item number 2488526547.
Have I got the discs the wrong way round? Worried now.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:34 PM
ande
Scooby Regular

Anti-Rattle Spring? There are some plates behind the pads if thats what you mean?
Old 03 September 2004, 06:50 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

Discs the wrong way.... looking at them i think so. Can't see clearly tho.

Heres some pics which may help... the anti rattle spring is clearly visible (shinny thing on top of pads):

Tony.

Last edited by Tone Loc; 03 September 2004 at 06:53 PM.
Old 03 September 2004, 07:11 PM
ande
Scooby Regular

AHHHHHhhhhh Crap! Discs off tomorrow then.
Yep have got anti-rattle springs.
Looking for a picture of my brake kit somewhere but not having much luck.
Has no-one else got two piece discs with their alcon kit?

Thanx Tone, A wealth of knowledge!
Old 03 September 2004, 07:50 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

The usual upgrade definitely didn't come with two piece although Alcon have started selling a range of rotors ( the "Advantage" range) that would fit the prodrive 330m upgrade calipers, however they leave it up to you to source the bell

The senior technician that i spoke to at Alcon grumbled something about "not really applicable for a road car" when i asked why they wouldn't sell a two piece replacement kit and said that there was nothing wrong with the one piece as long as you didn't get over 550 C.

I'd agree with the latter part of the statement - great brakes , great feel - unfortunately I managed to root 3 sets of the one piece disk so it's obviously not that hard to get to 550C....
Old 03 September 2004, 11:22 PM
Tone Loc
Scooby Regular

When i first got the kit i was dead set to go to 2 piece discs/bells. However a couple of things have changed my mind. Firstly i thought there would be a weight advantage.... i had a godspeed 2 piece disc kit (using Subaru 4 pots) and for a similar sized disc they were actually heavier than the Prodrives (ok Godspeeds were 5mm bigger in dimater and 4mm in width ). But i also came across some threads that Mike Wood (Prodrive) had posted on.... seem he gives the brakes a really hard time on track and couldn't warp them. So unless somebody offers a 2 piece solution that is the same price as the 1 piece, i'll stick to what i've got.

Ande.... if it has anti-rattle springs then that's a good sign. I wouldn't expect competition items to have these. Good luck finding a pic of your kit.... if you do i'd be interested in where it has come from. Is the Prodrive lettering just painted on or is it embossed into the caliper. On mine it is embossed and the paint isn't just grey/silver paint, it's kind of like a plasticy type finish.

Tony.

Quick Reply: Alcon Prodrive 330mm 4 pots, pad part numbers needed.