Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

P1 Prodrive brakes

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2004, 06:21 PM
PHILYB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink P1 Prodrive brakes

On my P1 i have the 330 mm front brake conversion, but i have terrible brake judder, does anybody know were i can get replacement discs from??

Obviusly these r going to be a pretty penny but still i can,t be doing with judder.

regards phil.
Old 17 August 2004, 07:36 PM
N1 SPAN
Scooby Regular

Quite likely to be brake deposits from the pads. Some pads were renowned for doing this. If you try a hard stomp on them from about a ton then this should help them for a bit.

If you really need new disks then I think the Subaru dealers reduced the prices a few months ago but still cost a fortune.

I think Godspeed can make them too. Whoever made the discs on the Brembo group buy.
Old 19 August 2004, 10:10 AM
sillysi
Scooby Regular

The replacement disc are £245 each inc VAT from the dealers.
Old 19 August 2004, 11:03 AM
SVVG
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sillysi
The replacement disc are £245 each inc VAT from the dealers.
Hello mate - I've got a P1 with the same brake upgrade - as you say the Alcons are expensive!

If the pads don't "clean up" from stomping on them as suggested, you could well have warped the discs (which means it wont pass its MOT - had this on my Pug which has a big brake conversion) - in which case have a go at getting them skimmed, which will only cost around thirty to forty notes. (obviously if they have become paper-thin this wont do, but unless they've seen some serious track use, would be suprised if you couldn't skim them at least once without them becoming less than the minimum advised thickness).

Not sure where you're based but I can recommend an engineering shop in Wolverhampton if that's any use! The other alternative is to obviously look at other discs - the AP ones are obviousy a good choice as are the Brembos. Think they come in slightly cheaper?

Hope you get it sorted.

p.s. There's a chap on the P1 web owners club called Stuart Walker - think he's user name is StuartW - not sure if you've come accross him, but all the guys there recommend him for brake stuff. He can definitely supply pads and I think (?) he can supply discs too. I've bought pads from him before and he was v. helpful via email.

Last edited by SVVG; 19 August 2004 at 11:46 AM.