Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

18"

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2004, 07:03 PM
rdkr
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18"

I'm coming up to the first year with a new Scoobie and have decided to keep it long term, so i'm looking for some mod's now. 45k service due soon when i'll have it PPP'd. Also thinking about larger rim's (18"). Any good point's or bad point's with having larger Rims/Tyres? Most of my driving is on b-roads but do very long single trips (500m +) on motorways.
All thoughts welcome
Cheers,
Richard
Old 17 June 2004, 07:27 PM
T5NYW
Scooby Regular

Location: MY99UK-MY02STi-MY99Type R-MY06 T20-MY11 340R-MY05 TYPE25
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by rdkr
I'm coming up to the first year with a new Scoobie and have decided to keep it long term, so i'm looking for some mod's now. 45k service due soon when i'll have it PPP'd. Also thinking about larger rim's (18"). Any good point's or bad point's with having larger Rims/Tyres? Most of my driving is on b-roads but do very long single trips (500m +) on motorways.
All thoughts welcome
Cheers,
Richard
Finding Rims that you like and with the correct Subaru Fittment will be your first headache not so bad if you have a WRX but the STi's with Brembos

I think you need for the STi you need wheels that are, 5 stud x 100 pcd, 8"x18" and et51.... IIRC but not held responsible for ones that don't fit

SEE HERE

Some places use wheels that don't have the correct offset (et) and use 3mm spacers on the front's to clear Brembo's they must use et48's but obviously give you more chioce of types

Tony

Ps getting Prodrive 18" PFF-7's made for the job

Last edited by T5NYW; 17 June 2004 at 07:33 PM.