Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

BRAKES

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2000, 08:49 AM
PaulP
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A lot of people have been recommending various discs/pads combinations saying which they think is the best. However has there been any articles produced where each of the discs/pads have been researched and tested along with hard facts?

Before I bought my Impreza TURBO, I had a Clio Williams and the discs ended up warped and suffered terribly from brake fad. Before I bought replacements, I read up on the various discs on the market, read the results of various tests and settled for the G Force discs and pads. Once fitted the car was transformed, with excellent braking in all conditions.
Would it be possible if this hasn't already been done, for someone to do an extensive test on the various brake options available for the Impreza. Maybe an article in True Grip. Then people could decide which brake option would best suit them based on what they could afford. Has such an article been written or has any other magazine done such a test?

I'm thinking of updating the discs and pads but are looking at a cheaper option than the £1300 quoted from the Brembo option. Has anyone bought the G-Force discs for the Impreza? Does anyone know of any articles written on the various brake combinations available?
Thanks.
Old 29 June 2000, 10:17 AM
Stupot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

PaulP,
Im having a new kit fitted on Saturday which will be less than 1/3 of the cost of an ap kit! It hasnt been done on the standard 4 pot setup yet so results will be interesting. Ill give all the details when the tests are complete.

Stu
Old 29 June 2000, 10:54 AM
pnebbs
Scooby Regular

Stu

Is this a Hi Spec kit, if so what size discs are you using with the 4 pot calipers, I'm using 315*28 with the 2 pot but I have been offered some 4 pots andwas thinking of swapping them over.

Paul
Old 29 June 2000, 01:01 PM
GavinP
Scooby Regular

I've got the same kit as Paul - when I last went down to Hi-Spec, they are now offering 330mm x 28mm disks - is this what you're having ?

Thanks

Gavin