Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

ABS controller failure

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2000, 07:35 PM
NetRunner
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Hi! Yesterday, after parking my MY98 Turbo and shutting down the engine, I noticed an ominous "Hummmm" coming from under the bonnet.
A quick trip to the garage pointed the culprit: The ABS controller engine (that silver box at right/front) wasn't shutting down at all.

The ABS light never came up at systems startup check ever since I bought the car second-hand, 6 months ago.

The chief electrician at the garage was baffled. A test came up with several error messages they didn't know about at the time... They had to disconnect the battery completely to stop it.

All systems worked fine durind the malfunction, although I didn't have the chance to try the ABS... (I didn't know that it was the source of the problem...)

Any idea? What happened? I believe they still haven't figured out the problem today. Worse: It's vacation time for the suppliers in Portugal, I believe I'll wait for any parts for some weeks and I nned the car every day. Will they be able to simply deactivate the ABS while I wait for the parts?

[This message has been edited by NetRunner (edited 29-06-2000).]