Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

ABS Problem

Search this Thread

Old 13 February 2004, 10:55 AM
R Johnson
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Problem

Does anyone know if the ABS ECU needs to be reset to clear a falt code? The warning light came on the other day and I no longer have working ABS,I went to a dealer for a diagnostic and they said it was a faulty o/s rear sensor, I pluged in a replacement s/h sensor but the warning light is still on Iand still no ABS ! I know that the engine ECU needs to be reset after an engine probem has been fixed and wondered if the ABS needs it . The car is MY95 ,thanks
Old 14 February 2004, 02:30 AM
pudders
Scooby Regular

Question

Just after I bought my scoob in July last year I had a similar problem. I took it to my nearest scooby dealer and he pluged it into his machine through the port beneath the steering wheel and it only turned out to be a connection that came undone beneath the rear seat base (apparantly a common problem). But I do remember him saying that he reset the system to clear the fault. Don't know if this helps or even if a 95 has that port beneath the steering wheel but its worth a shot. He did it free of charge as it only took 10 minutes.
Old 16 February 2004, 02:08 PM
R Johnson
Scooby Newbie

Thanks for that info mate,that confirms it needs reseting,but does anyone know how to do it without the dealer equipment?
Old 19 February 2004, 10:58 AM
R Johnson
Scooby Newbie

Problem is now fixed,both brake light bulbs had blown! should have looked before taking it to the dealers,and why didnt the dealers find the problem ?