Pagid group N problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12 April 2003, 08:58 PM
Sicey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Hi all,

I fitted some pagid group N and fast road pads to my MY01 WRX a couple of weeks back and have a few niggles that I need some advice on.
I think I was told by the guys at midland impreza to run a heat cycle after a few hundred miles which I did, I did not notice any real differenceb after I done this.
Anyway a day after the heat cycle treatment I did a 1000km trip back to Germany not really using the brakes much as mostly motorway, the last 200km of the trip the brakes were used at high speed on the autobahn but I was still not convinced they were working effectively, probably not fully bedded in i thought?
Well since then when the brakes are cold or only driven for 25km there is always the noise like rusty brakes when stopping the car at slow speeds.
There is also humming at high speed slow downs, I dont know if this is a characteristic of grooved discs? someone please advise?
I have also experienced some vibration through the steering wheel under progressive braking at high speed, anyone know what this is, the wheels were balanced a few months back so I dont think its the balancing.

Can some you make some suggestions, do I need to run a heat cycle to try and improve the feel?

I purchased these brakes because they were recommended by other owners and were a good alternative to buying the std brakes from Subaru for the same prive, plus I had the usual humming problem on my old discs which I wanted to rectify with these new brakes and obviously improve the braking.

Any advice would be welcome.

Cheers,

John.