Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

Noisy Prodrive Upgrade Kit on P1

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2003, 10:09 PM
Dave25
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Had the Prodrive upgrade fitted in June this year, after warping / cracking the original discs ( how, I don't know... )

Happy with them at first, but it seems they've started generating a lot more noise lately. It seems to be due to heat build up as initial braking is quiet then gets very grumbly. No obvious vibration though. If you break from speed for a number of times the heat has been retained and you get the noise straight away.

My quetion is - is this warped discs *again*. I'm going to be staggered if it is but very concerned as the warped discs before caused some anxiety when braking until they were replaced.

Does this sound familiar?
Old 22 January 2003, 06:10 AM
b5m
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont have experience with the Prodrive kit. However you may be getting some noise from the slotting/grooves in the Prodrive discs. If you are using different pads this might be amplifying the problem.

I think if braking is good and you have no vibration then everything is ok. I imagine you would need to be quite agressive to warp these discs on the road.
Old 22 January 2003, 11:39 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down

On the way to warping, I'm afraid -the symptoms are all too familiar to me, I'm on my third set. Next time these go I'll probably go down the Hi-Spec (Dartford) route - they are just bringing out fully floating replacement 2 piece discs with a nice shiny gold anodised bell, instead of the rusty centre on the Alcons