Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

ICP brake pads. Ultra cheap, anyone tried them?

Search this Thread

Old 03 October 2017, 03:11 PM
Jay kay
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ICP brake pads. Ultra cheap, anyone tried them?

ICP are currently stocking front and rear brake pads with shims for Brembo fitment at a cost of £42 for the lot. Seems dirt cheap but are they any good?

I currently have Dixcel pads all round my STI and frankly they ae rubbish, rock hard and with no feel at all. Am thinking of giving the ICP cheapies a go but thought I'd ask first. I don't intend on doing track work and assume that I should get some feel back by using them.

Open to comments...
Old 03 October 2017, 03:24 PM
TECHNOPUG
Scooby Regular

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Buy cheap, buy twice?

Not tried them personally but brakes and tyres are not something that I tend to buy on price.

Last edited by TECHNOPUG; 03 October 2017 at 06:55 PM.
Old 03 October 2017, 05:08 PM
Jay kay
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would usually agree but the pads I currently have aren't particularly cheap and are absolute rubbish on the road. Perhaps after a good session on track they may start to work but they leave me worried on the road that they just aren't good enough. I am thinking that the ICP ones can be no worse than when I put my daily into a garage for a service and they've changed the pads in the past and they would have obviously gone for the cheapest thing they can find and that car has been no problem at all and the brakes are far better than my impreza. Am thinking they may be worth a go for £40
Old 03 October 2017, 08:57 PM
albob
Scooby Regular

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

I was looking at buying some pads from ICP last week, when I realised they were 'unbranded', I looked on Ebay and got some Mintex ones for only a little bit more.

Having said that, the ICP ones are probably perfectly good
Old 03 October 2017, 09:55 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 53
Brake pads don't have to be expensive for the road. Euros do pagids for much the same money and you can get them on discount weekends too
This . . .
Old 25 January 2019, 07:23 PM
Croney
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Blobeye wind deflectors for me aswell.
i did have some cheap pads, asked for the cheapest of the cheap did not care of quality as was skint and they caught on fire about 2 weeks later, I saw smoke mate seen flames, and stopping wash hopeless, have used mintex in a bmw seemed ok ish untill coming down kirkstone pass lol