Notices
Wheels, Tyres & Brakes

show me your plasti dipped wheels!

Search this Thread

Old 13 April 2016, 05:52 PM
yabbadoo4
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default show me your plasti dipped wheels!

im thinking of giving this a go on my innovit redlines whilst they are off the car and my spares are on. has anyone done their wheels and have pics of the result? looking for colour inspiration as well. both sets of my wheels are gunmetal/graphite grey so would like something different but not mad neon colours. maybe a nice black chrome or something. watched a few videos of it being done and you get a metaliser spray to give them that metal look finish and the results seem pretty impressive. any tips would be handy too!
Old 13 April 2016, 08:57 PM
8ulldog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've never done wheels though used it on exterior trim a fair bit recently. My advice is to do it properly, not using Plasti-dip. It covers easily, the texture of the finish is ok and it looks fine. However, as soon the edge starts to peel or it gets chipped it will peel and is a pain.
Old 13 April 2016, 10:35 PM
bro82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't have a pictures but I did one set, it cost me about 100 for a set of plast dip cans ( 1 x primer, 4 x colour, 1 x matte coat ) it did look ok after I finished but if you have any scuffs or deep sctraches make sure you'll cover them with some filler as it will be still visible after you paint it, as 8ulldog mentioned it starts to peel when they will get chipped and tbh it's not difficult to do it especially on the wheels, my next set of wheels gone to the company for refurbishment and powder coat which cost me 160 so imo dipping the wheels it's not worth as it will not last long and unless your wheels are perfect without any scratches/scuffs make sure you get some good quality filler for alloys.

Last edited by bro82; 13 April 2016 at 10:37 PM.