Hawkeye STI Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02 January 2016, 10:40 PM
Ade Parko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hawkeye STI Brakes

Looking for some help and advise on brakes if possible

Still under 12months owning the car, so learning more about Subaru's every day, but the brakes is something I would like to sort. The setup on the car has never filled me with confidence, but since rising the power its becoming more and more apparent. Don't want to go fast in the fear of not being able to stop!!

Not intending to use on track really; just daily driver/fast road.

I've got HEL lines, fluid under 18months old and a CDF brake stopper, but I think its maybe the combination of SWRD (sccobyworx) discs and Performance Friction Pads that aren't working very good together??

My land rover feels like it has better brakes

Whats the general route people go down? Keep to the OEM gold brembos? If so what discs and pads? I've looked at maybe Stoptech discs and pads, but at £700 all round, would be could to get a review before purchasing

Coming from my Skyline background, people used to remove the Brembos in favour of a K-sport or D2 a 8/6pot front and 4pot rear setup. I know the early version of these big brake kits got bad press, but the new design monoblock versions with proper seals seem to be better. Anybody gone down this route?

Thanks in advance for any help

Ade
Old 04 January 2016, 12:47 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

If you have doen pads, disks and lines and its not enough then i would have said its upgrae time.

Ap 4 pots or 6 pots on the front will sort it out, 330mm under 17's 356mm under 18's, offset is less than the standard brembo setup so will go straight under