Brembo sport pads on WRX 4 Pots

Search this Thread

Old 03 December 2014, 07:13 AM
widetyres
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brembo sport pads on WRX 4 Pots

Hi,

I've just bought my first Impreza (WRX hawkeye) and it's come with some pads on it that don't seem to be that good for the road driving I do - it has Bluestuff pads on (not sure if NDX or older Bluestuff - fitted in 2014) - whilst great on a country road, they have no cold bite, so unfortunately they don't suit my usual driving as I have a daily dual carriage way commute.

Planning to replace them and wondered if anyone has tried the Brembo sport pads on a WRX (with standard 4 pot callipers)? These look good for road and the odd track day, but couple of questions for anyone that's tried this setup:

1) Do they have decent cold bite?

2) Are they ok on a track day on the WRX callipers? (I have read that the Bluestuff pads are troublesome on the WRX 4 pots as they drag and overheat and don't want to buy expensive pads to find out this happens - it would probably be better to save up and invest in an STI brake setup at a later date.)

Cheers.

Graham.
Old 03 December 2014, 09:03 AM
AS Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we stock and supply a lot of the Brembo Sport material (amongst others) and they make a very good all round pad that copes with fast road comfortably - similiar in outright friction to the likes of the Ferodo ds2500 but with better initial bite and refinement and more cost effective to boot

it will cope with light track use but neither they nor the ds2500 are arduous track pads..........
0191-4103770