Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.
View Poll Results: do you have any objection to lynz asked to be a mod?
yes... i do not want lynz as a mod
23.53%
no... i do want lynz as a mod
64.71%
i'm really not that fussed!
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2009, 01:09 PM
bullitt_Lynz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default moderator

hey guys, as we're now chariman-less, would anyone have any objection to me asking the scoobynet people to make me a moderator in our little home here?

i have absolutely no intention of doing lots of member-bashing, i simply want to make sure we sticky things that need to be stickied and to modify the home page to mirror the new website that is being built.

pls vote

EDIT!!!
I have absolutely no intention of removing/replacing Alan as a mod, cos he is the man! and he is very much still a voice that we all take notice of, especially when the proverbial hits the fan!

Last edited by bullitt_Lynz; 26 January 2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 26 January 2009, 01:17 PM
DaveSTI350
Scooby Regular

Location: In an East Yorkshire Pub somewhere....squires Milk Bar.

Poll Options

do you have any objection to lynz asked to be a mod?

yes... i do not want lynz as a mod....

no... i do want lynz as a mod....

i'm really not that fussed!

Yes i think you'd make a great (mod)

Go for it!. But think Alan still is a sort of mod..

Last edited by DaveSTI350; 26 January 2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 26 January 2009, 01:40 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Dunx is relaxed about the whole moderator thing !
Old 26 January 2009, 07:43 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the vote of confidence Dave

I'm both happy to share the task and continue as it's no hardship. Again, using the same old adage; let the place run itself. No need for (many) rules or regulations...

I've had to Mod 3 or 4 times over the past few years.... and they were deletion of threads either initiated by the OP or on consultation with the OP...

Spelling misateks are ignored....
Old 26 January 2009, 07:45 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Lynz.
The problem with a hidden Poll is that you don't know if the current No's are members......
The problem with an open poll is some people may not vote... especially if it's a negative.....

Oh.. and flattery will get you everywhere....

Last edited by Alan C; 26 January 2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 26 January 2009, 09:51 PM
bullitt_Lynz
Scooby Regular

aye, just thinking that, plus cos i wrote the poll at work it doesnt make as much sense as i thought it did!!

rethink.....in my absence at the le EOM please can we have a club vote? if you have any reservations about me (being a mod that is.. not in general!), please can you forward your yes's / no's / comments to someone going to the EOM?
Old 27 January 2009, 01:21 PM
gary d
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

hi lynzy
as i am not a club member if you like i could do like a poll box for you where every one puts their votes into the box and then ill count the yes /no /not bothered up and put a thread up with the results if this will make it easier
emma
Old 27 January 2009, 03:18 PM
bullitt_Lynz
Scooby Regular

hiya, i'm not fussed tbh, if people want to remain anonymous then yeah a poll box would be good, but not all the members will be at the meeting either, so its hit and miss, thats why i wanted to raise it on forum too, and if someone (for any reason whatsoever) can just say no!

would've been easier if i'd put the poll up in english of course!!
Old 27 January 2009, 03:36 PM
swifty.....!
Scooby Regular

lynz to be honest don't know why your asking you should just become 1 as i thought alan had passed on the mod role with him not having a role in the club running anymore and not having the time to moderate? as probably like a few i'm sick at looking at events for 2008 and everything needs updating thread sticky wise and you seem to be the only one wanting to without the power to do so!
Old 27 January 2009, 04:33 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by swifty.....!
lynz to be honest don't know why your asking you should just become 1 as i thought alan had passed on the mod role with him not having a role in the club running anymore and not having the time to moderate? as probably like a few i'm sick at looking at events for 2008 and everything needs updating thread sticky wise and you seem to be the only one wanting to without the power to do so!
TBH mate, this was the plan when Paul took over the reigns. I was going to slowly drift away and both paul and Debs would update the top level stuff as my involvement (or lack of) meant that I wouldn't be in a position to both know about or validate the details.

With the changes in circumstance I'm still left holding the reigns.... waiting for Mr, Mrs or Miss (Ms) Right to come along....

Moderation isn't about changing the Stickies either... they are open and available to anyone wanting to take on the task of updating them. The Mod would simply open the thread. 3 seconds work.

This has always been the case, but was rightly given to one or two people so as to maintain some consistency... Nothing has changed. Just waiting for someone able to spend a little time putting a list together to come along... It shouldn't just be Lynz either; historically, people haven't come forward, leaving the task to one or two people... who understandably (me included) simply can't find the time, all the time... to do this. Especially as the club over the last few years has grown exponentially and is involved with so much stuff..

It's not like the old days when we had 10 members and one or two meets per month and a run when the sun shone. It now requires A LOT of effort. This is why I couldn't keep it going (but I'm still here).... and why many other people have fallen by the way side.

Last edited by Alan C; 27 January 2009 at 04:36 PM.