Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

update on gill

Old 22 June 2008, 10:08 AM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default update on gill

hi to everyone at the club.
hope everyone has been out enjoying the shows club meets etc.

right update on my wife gill
as many of you know gill has been fighting skin cancer for 6 years now. a braver lady you will not meet. she has just come out of hospital after her 14 operations in 6 years and these are not minor things. skin grafts look to me the most painful and horrific type of operation you can have. she has just come home, i have stacked all the furniture at one end of the living room and put our double bed downstairs, that is where we are sleeping for the next month or so. we are lucking to have a downstairs toilet that i put in when paul broke his back.
she is using a zimmer frame to get about not in the scooby league . but the best she can manage at the moment.
we are missing the club meets and the events, but hopefully this the last and gill can get some enjoyment in life without all the pain.

all the best to all the club members and those at SMACS who have sent best wishes.
Mick and Gill.

one small update on my show car. there has been a very big mixup between the scooby and the crossfire, which are financed by the same company. the problem was with the crossfire which was their **** up and i had to get a solicitor to sort it out. now the company have spat there dummy out and have said they are using their right and are terminating all their business with me and wants all goods returned ASAP. wow i am f--king gutted i have spend nearly 9 grand so far and hundreds of hours work.
cant name the company as my solicitor is still talking to them but says dont hold much hope .
so it looks like bye bye show car. i am know searching for another scoob. but i don`t think i can afford another blob eye will all the suspension. intercooler etc fit on a bug eye. as this is the best i could afford. it might even be a classic not demeaning classics in anyway i love them
i`m am totally distraught at the moment.
Mick.
Old 22 June 2008, 11:04 AM
Sticky Stuff
Scooby Regular

Location: ShyTot graphics Location: Squires Bar Location: Wakecastlefract

Mick.

I'm quite at a loss for what to say mate.
The sensible side of me is wanting to say the usual... The Scoob is only a car, Gill is far more important, as is the health of both of you. Cars can be replaced with a little more ease than a loved one.

But then the sensible side of me doesn't get out much, 'cos if he did I wouldn't own a Scoob myself! I know how much time, money and effort you have put into the project, and how much it means to you, as well as the rest of the community on here, who have all followed your progress with interest.

I'm gonna go with my sensible side on this one. Just make sure you look after the lady, she's gonna need your time and support more than any pile of bolts will, and when she's fully recovered and you're both back on the scene you can look at your options car-wise. You know you'll be welcome at meets whatever you turn up in (We've even allowed that Crossfire thing in the past )

Take care mate, and please pass our love on to Gill.

See you soon!

Andy and Ella
Old 22 June 2008, 04:34 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default hi

Originally Posted by Sticky Stuff
Mick.

I'm quite at a loss for what to say mate.
The sensible side of me is wanting to say the usual... The Scoob is only a car, Gill is far more important, as is the health of both of you. Cars can be replaced with a little more ease than a loved one.

But then the sensible side of me doesn't get out much, 'cos if he did I wouldn't own a Scoob myself! I know how much time, money and effort you have put into the project, and how much it means to you, as well as the rest of the community on here, who have all followed your progress with interest.

I'm gonna go with my sensible side on this one. Just make sure you look after the lady, she's gonna need your time and support more than any pile of bolts will, and when she's fully recovered and you're both back on the scene you can look at your options car-wise. You know you'll be welcome at meets whatever you turn up in (We've even allowed that Crossfire thing in the past )

Take care mate, and please pass our love on to Gill.

See you soon!

Andy and Ella
hi you two hope the family is ok.
Gill means more to me than anything in the world. no question
the daft thing about the impreza is it is still gutted no interior. no front end. rear end. brakes nothing i have told them this but its like trying to talk to a brick wall, so i said sod it, have it and be done with it. already sourcing another motor probably a bug eye. gills ok with it she is into scoobs as much as i am. she is fine the double bed is now is the front room so we can chat and have a look for another car. until then it will be a fiesta at the club meets.
Gill says ta for the comments and we will see you soon.
Mick and Gill.
Old 22 June 2008, 07:22 PM
skywalker23
Scooby Regular

looking forward to meeting you.'s. . . And good luck with everything. . . Scott, sarah n kaine. .
Old 22 June 2008, 08:54 PM
AET-Ellie
Scooby Regular

I can only go with what Sticky has put.

Hope you have your string of good luck now for once

Our best to you both

Ellie and Andy
Old 23 June 2008, 04:05 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default hi

Originally Posted by AET-Ellie
I can only go with what Sticky has put.

Hope you have your string of good luck now for once

Our best to you both

Ellie and Andy
cheers you two
gill is coming along fine her skin graft is being checked on tuesday. hopefully its taken and she is then on her way to a full recovery. strange sleeping down in the front room. but hey you do what you have too. im knackered doing all this housework bloody hell it never ends.
as far as the scoob is concerned, i am gutted it will not get done. a lot of people supported me, andy you being the first. but had another phone call about the car today and the situation with the car is laughable even a very good solicitor has said he has never known anything like it all will be revealed when the legal stuff is done.
thanks to everyone who has supported Gill 1 skin cancer is rare 3 is virtually unknown.
we hope to be at the club meets soon
Mick and Gill
Old 23 June 2008, 04:07 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default HI

Originally Posted by skywalker23
looking forward to meeting you.'s. . . And good luck with everything. . . Scott, sarah n kaine. .
Hi looking forward to meeting you` s as well
Old 23 June 2008, 04:26 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Hi mate don't think i've met u yet but what i can say is i for one can understand what u and your loved ones are going through,as i have grown up with my mum having.. M-S...I'ts not easy i know,so to u and your loved ones all the best mate and keep your chins up... ...every cloud and all that..
Old 23 June 2008, 04:27 PM
AET-Ellie
Scooby Regular

Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for her
Old 23 June 2008, 04:29 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

ME too .
Old 23 June 2008, 05:27 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default hi

Originally Posted by PAUL CRAFTS
Hi mate don't think i've met u yet but what i can say is i for one can understand what u and your loved ones are going through,as i have grown up with my mum having.. M-S...I'ts not easy i know,so to u and your loved ones all the best mate and keep your chins up... ...every cloud and all that..
hi paul yes we have met. maybe club christmas party last year or one of the club meets we have managed to get to.
thanks for the best wishes for Gill who this thread is about, the daft thing is Gill is my carer i have been crippled with arthritis from age 12 and retired from being a airport engineer aged 47. big boys toys fire engines etc. now rolls reversed i`m looking after gill not as well i might add but doing my best.
look forward to meeting you again asap we hope
Mick and Gill
Old 23 June 2008, 05:29 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default thanks ellie

Originally Posted by AET-Ellie
Ive got my fingers and toes crossed for her
thanks Ellie look forward to meeting you and andy shortly.
Mick and Gill
Old 23 June 2008, 05:30 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default ditto

Originally Posted by PAUL CRAFTS
ME too .
thanks paul
Old 23 June 2008, 06:57 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Hi mate.. in our own small way, Katrina and I appreciate some of the pain you're both going through.

Sticky said it better than I could, and you know how much we value your continued club efforts, support and continued friendship. Time and distance matter not when you have proper friends down here thinking of you.

Please pass on our best to Paul too......
Old 23 June 2008, 08:15 PM
gary d
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

hope everything is ok look forward to meeting u at one of the meetings weve also had to deal with cancer but different kind am back on roll to recovery garyds other half and clan
Old 24 June 2008, 07:10 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default hi alan

Originally Posted by Alan C
Hi mate.. in our own small way, Katrina and I appreciate some of the pain you're both going through.

Sticky said it better than I could, and you know how much we value your continued club efforts, support and continued friendship. Time and distance matter not when you have proper friends down here thinking of you.

Please pass on our best to Paul too......
nothing wrong in the way you say things alan. best wishes to you both the ford fiesta will be soon winging its way to club meets.

cheers Gill, Mick Paul is currently house hunting and doing ok
Old 24 June 2008, 07:13 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default thanks

Originally Posted by gary d
hope everything is ok look forward to meeting u at one of the meetings weve also had to deal with cancer but different kind am back on roll to recovery garyds other half and clan

thanks gary cancer is a frightening thing thanks for the support.

cheers Mick and Gill.
Old 24 June 2008, 07:30 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default another update

been to the hospital today. Gill has had her dressings changed the skin graft has taken well. first look for me at the new op. did`nt need to say it Gill could tell by my face. if no one has seen how brutal the surgery is for skin cancer all i will say is my wife is a brave and special lady. she is continuing to make a good recovery and is checked next week again.
cheers Mick and gill
ps very short note on the problems with the finance company on my scoob.
after the 60th phone call and god knows how many letters. i have finally solved the problem. i can now get on with my scoob. and is wasnt my fault might do a post on it. great reading. Mick
Old 24 June 2008, 07:35 PM
simonbb1328
Scooby Regular

got to admire how strong you both are mate, an inspiration to us all.
Glad youve sorted the car problems out and hope to see you soon
Si & Flis
Old 24 June 2008, 07:45 PM
imf1
Scooby Regular

Really pleased to here things are working out
Old 24 June 2008, 09:42 PM
GX Paul
Scooby Regular

Hi mate i'm a new member of the club and i'm looking forward to meeting you.
Good luck with everything, pass on our best wishes to Gill.
Paul & family
Old 29 June 2008, 07:45 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default hi

Originally Posted by GX Paul
Hi mate i'm a new member of the club and i'm looking forward to meeting you.
Good luck with everything, pass on our best wishes to Gill.
Paul & family
ditto paul i sure we will get to a meet soon
mick and gill
Old 29 June 2008, 08:31 PM
gary d
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

glad to hear everything is going ok love and best wishes to gill hope your feeling better soon love emma,gary and boys
Old 02 July 2008, 09:44 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Just browsing through here so appologies if i'm sticking my beak in.

fingers crossed for you and best wishes to you both and i'm sure other Smacs members will feel the same.
Old 02 July 2008, 03:38 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default hi

Originally Posted by The Chief
Just browsing through here so appologies if i'm sticking my beak in.

fingers crossed for you and best wishes to you both and i'm sure other Smacs members will feel the same.
hey no problem thanks for the support Gill has been really grateful and it helps. update today is graft site is now free of dressings and the skin graft is healing really well.
thanks to all Smacs lads and lasses and we hope to start to get to events shortly gill is not using her zimmer frame now, hard as i tried i could not make it look like a scoob
cheers Mick and Gill
Old 04 July 2008, 06:44 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default the car

problems with the scoob have arisen again. they the big bank will not admit they have made a mistake. on solicitors advice i have given the scoob back as he saw no solution to the problem. so the scoobs going and the pigging crossfire is still with us. heartbreaking taking all the gear off and i mean all. pictures will follow on another thread.

gills doing really well see you all at the 5th anniversary do .
Old 08 December 2012, 10:02 PM
mickyjeff
Scooby Regular

Default gill

Ive not been on scoobynet for years for a lot of reasons but I must post this Gill sadly died of cancer on the 9th of September. 2011 peacefully t home with her family and friends sorry it has taken so long to post this but I've been fighting cancer as well and hopefully I've won Gill didn't I just want to say to all that knew her and me thanks for the support and all of you have a merry Xmas and a very good new year