Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

:: :: :: BL9TON BLAST -- Saturday 29th March :: :: ::

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2008, 10:31 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default :: :: :: BL9TON BLAST -- Saturday 29th March :: :: ::

No more places available, EVENT CLOSED

BL9TON BLAST

Saturday 29th March 2008

The biggest event of the year for the WYIOC, and one of the few where you can actually take part. Our 9th visit to Blyton and every one just seems to be better than the last. Here's to a superb and safe day out for everyone, both old members and new alike.

Places shall be restricted to WYIOC members for the next 2 weeks, after that it shall be opened up to our friends in other local car clubs for a further 2 weeks before being opened up to all comers to fill any remaining places.

The Venue

Rallydrive is 10 miles south of Scnuthorpe just outside the village of Blyton, and is sited on a disused WWII airfield in the middle of a cornfield. As it is not a pure racing track in the mould of Donnington or Oulton, the surface is a little rough and there are some potholes (imagine TopGears track). The circuit itself has been set up to challenge the balance and handling of the professional racing and rally teams whom use it as a test facility, and so provides plenty of fun on its 1 1/4 mile lap.

Schedule

The venue will be ours for the whole day from our arrival at (hopefully ) 8.30am to sometime around 4.30pm, allowing plenty of track time for everybody. We will continue with our successful token system with 5 cars on track at a time. Previous experience shows that most people do 3-6 laps (5-10 minutes) and then come off for a breather so everyone should get as much time as they want.

Facilities

Facilities are somewhat spartan so it's recommended that you bring your own refreshments, picnic chairs & tables and prepare for any bad weather we may have (let's hope for some rain ). I'm sure the WYIOC gayzebo AND BBQ will be making an appearance

Don't forget your sausages, burgers and rolls for the BBQ

Costs

As before, this is a non-profit event organised purely for the fun and enjoyment of Scooby and other performance car owners, and the costs are to be shared equally and hence the price cannot be finalised until the day when we know exactly how many are there. As an example, if we have...
20 cars it will be £40,
25 cars is £35,
30 cars £30.

As last time, may I respectfully request that a deposit of £20 be paid to secure places as soon as possible. If there is insufficient interest by a certain date the event could be cancelled.

Your place will not be confirmed until a deposit has been received, and should there be more than 35 cars you may not get on track on the day should you not confirm by deposit.

Additional drivers to each car shall be £10 each, pay on day.
Spectators shall be charged at £5 each (under 16's free), pay on day.
There will be a voluntary charity collection on the day too.

Maximum 35 cars for the track

Tuition

Tuition will be available hopefully from the venue owner Howard Patterson, who has been an international rally driver competing succesfully for over 30 years. Many of the guys have had tuition from him or his staff in the past and will confirm its merits to anyone interested. The cost is £150, shared equally between those involved. I need to ascertain numbers for this so I can book a tutor in good time so please voice your interest ASAP.

Getting there

WYIOC's

Leeds/Bradford area members will meet at The Brickworks, Driglington at 6.40am.
Wakefield/Castleford are members at The Trading Post at 7am.

The main rendezvous point for ALL attendees is at 7.30am at Ferrybridge Services.

And on to Blyton...
The route takes us along the M62 east to J35, M18 south to J5, M180 east (careful of the sCamera vans and over-zealous Plods) to J3 then right onto the A18, right onto the A159 and down to the Optimax station. Then straight down to Blyton and left onto the B1205.

Green route (not pink)

SAFETY

Last but foremost in everybodies minds must be safety. On track we run 4-5 cars at a time with NO OVERTAKING. Any measurement of abilitiy will be done with a stopwatch. Off track everyone MUST observe a strict 5 mph limit. There will be people, and possibly children walking around the paddock area. Anyone thought to be endangering safety shall have a single warning, then be asked to leave the premises with no refund. Thankfully it has never come close to this, and I doubt it ever will.

Helmets must be worn by anyone in a vehicle on track, driver or passenger, so if you have your own it is advised you bring it, otherwise Rallydrive have a selection of sweaty used ones to lend us for the day.

Legal Bit

Your payments will be made directly to Rallydrive, and you will be asked to sign a disclaimer fully accepting that you understand the dangers of driving in an unrestricted area and that you accept full liability for your own actions and any consequencies resulting. Your contract of sale shall be with Rallydrive. By accepting to attend this event you also accept these terms and conditions. You must fully accept that it is your own responsibility if you choose to attend this event. Your own safety and the care of your property remains your own concern and no liability for loss, damage or injury can be held by any other attendee, or member of the WYIOC. If this is not agreeable, do not come. There is a legal precedent now set whereby any individual engaging in amateur or professional motorsport at a closed location, venue or event is in full understanding of the dangers and risks involved and thus takes full responsibility for their own personal safety and the safety of any property so involved. If you are concerned you are fully entitled to source your own insurance for the event, the club and the venue owners accept no responsibility whatsoever for anyone attending or their property.

A little note to our newer members and those who've never attended this event before

People are often a bit scared of trackdays, and rightly so. Motorsport is dangerous and should be treated with all relevant safety precautions and huge amounts of common sense. At this event we aim to have fun with our cars but in as much safety as possible. This is why we limit the number of cars on track and insist on NO OVERTAKING. Whereas on other trackdays it is a free-for-all with people often loosing it and collecting others in their mistake, we make sure you have your own space to explore your car and your potential to the limits of your and its ability, or to whatever level you wish, safe in your own space on track. There is no pressure to set or maintain speeds which may be uncomfortable to you or dangerous. In fact, I have said this before but it is much more dangerous following me over Strines than enjoying this day. There is plenty of time available throughout the whole day so you can build your confidence and speed progressively, and even benefit from the valuable and excellent tuition which has often been available from the professional racing drivers at the circuit. The ones whom are wary and reticent about going are usually the ones who enjoy the day the most. Just ask Barry Please come along and enjoy what is probably the best event for the WYIOC of the year, and one in which you can take part instead of just watch. Superb fun at a fantastic price.

To give you an idea what to expect....
Video of Paul going a bit mad
Video of Simon trying to kill Sticky
Video of DRY LAP
Video of DAMP (scary) LAP
Video of Dazza's overexhuberance
Video of Sticky's overexhuberance
Simon's big video
Many pics also HERE

CLICKY to show you what went on last time, and the time before CLICKY. Many of the pics have been cleared out, so maybe we could sort out a WYIOC Photobucket account with the password made known to members for anyone to drop suitable shots into for use by anyone in the club

Do a search for 'blyton' on here and there'll be dozens of threads with hundreds of images.

Last edited by corradoboy; 07 February 2011 at 03:07 AM.
Old 26 January 2008, 10:32 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Default The List

The Main List Deposit must be payed to confirm place - MAX 35 PLACES
Cost of track rental shared equally - Pay balance on the day

1. Corradoboy
2. WhiteScooby
3. Sticky
4. Paul Crafts
5. DonaldMac +1 (Saxo VTR)
6. DJ_MOD_WRX
7. AET Ellie
8. Dunx
9. TitaniumDanny (in place of KevTurbo)
10. donaldmac
11. BRISTI
12. C8 DHC 04WRX
13. Rich & Oli *
14. Sean's mate's Dad *
16. s3emo123
17. Matt *
18. Celox Adam
19. Bren@Apex
20. Dazza's-309 *
21. ALfa
22. SMACS PeteHigham *
23. SMACS Andy S
24. SMACS Nathan
25. SMACS 500
26. sco8bystu
27. Paul Bell (PassionFord Racing Puma)
28. Alister Smith (PassionFord Ka)
29. ScoobyDrew
30. sco8bystu 2
31. Briskoda Skudmissile
32. Briskoda Oilburninnut
33. Briskoda fabokavrs
34. RedMan
35. Jon C *

Additional Drivers £10 - Pay on the day

2. Ben (Skudmissile)
3. POB
4. Sarah (JB)
5. AET Andy
6. flis (simonbb1328)
7. Jordan Crafts
8. Zac
9. Germaine (stu)

As before, I will keep this list up to date. No need to copy and paste, just express your interest and leave the list to me.

Last edited by corradoboy; 28 March 2008 at 11:50 AM.
Old 26 January 2008, 10:42 PM
white scooby
Scooby Senior

Sent you a deposit via Paypal

Could have a possible additional driver too if Sarah wants to make one in . . .

Last edited by white scooby; 26 January 2008 at 10:45 PM.
Old 26 January 2008, 10:45 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, please

me first (Sticky) then put Crafts down after me. (He'll be behind me all day anyway )

and can I just say...

Thank you

and about bloody time
Old 26 January 2008, 10:47 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

It's nice to be loved
Old 26 January 2008, 10:50 PM
white scooby
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by PAUL CRAFTS
me first (Sticky) then put Crafts down after me. He'll be behind me all day anyway ) . .we'll struggle to keep up with an Elise
List looks in the right order so far . . although I'm not sure that Corradoboy should be top . . maybe diesels should go to number 35?
Old 26 January 2008, 10:51 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

I think my diesel gave your ITR a run for its supercharged money enough last time to earn it a quite respectable place in the list
Old 26 January 2008, 10:53 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

He's right Si. You were a bit harsh. No. 34

(Sticky)
Old 26 January 2008, 10:54 PM
white scooby
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by corradoboy
I think my diesel gave your ITR a run for its supercharged money enough last time to earn it a quite respectable place in the list
I was only on half throttle

Originally Posted by PAUL CRAFTS
He's right Si. You were a bit harsh. No. 34

(Sticky)
pmsl
Old 26 January 2008, 10:54 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

OK, I like a challenge. I'll start in 34th and see how far up I can get
Old 26 January 2008, 10:59 PM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

posted on our forum now dave

thanks again from smacs for inviting us
Old 26 January 2008, 10:59 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

More than welcome
Old 26 January 2008, 11:33 PM
skywalker23
Scooby Regular

Put us down please Dave..

Me - driver

Sarah --additional Driver

Will either drop money in or get Sarah to jump out next time u see her at lights...
Old 26 January 2008, 11:41 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

The way that traffic was last week we could have set up a picnic table and had breakfast
Old 27 January 2008, 12:29 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB
JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB JB
& Sarah
Old 27 January 2008, 02:21 AM
pete higham
Scooby Regular

Location: Salford & SMACS,,,,,,,,, and in the smacs muppets and numpty thread

i will post my deposit to you in the next couple of days
Old 27 January 2008, 02:42 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Pete & JB added
Old 27 January 2008, 12:25 PM
AET Turbos
Scooby Regular

Deposit is in the post

Ellie as main driver & Andy as additional driver.
Old 27 January 2008, 04:18 PM
avfc_mad
Scooby Regular

Yay.

I thought it was going to be in mid-April, and i'm in Wales for the week then.

Old 27 January 2008, 05:41 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Happy to please
Old 27 January 2008, 06:37 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Thanks in advance Dave, Dunx Please, see you Thursday !
Old 27 January 2008, 06:39 PM
Kev_turbo
Scooby Regular

Me before the Porsche gets sold
Old 27 January 2008, 08:12 PM
C8 DHC 04WRX
Scooby Regular

Room for another regular Blyton atendee?

Still got the Golf, though it was rolled of the trailer + has not been started since last Blyton in September. Also, best get sticking the bits back on that fell off/got bashed by tyres 'jumping out' in front of me (could take a while....)

Dan
Old 27 January 2008, 08:14 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Up to 16 after just one day Let's be 'avin those deposits people
Old 27 January 2008, 08:47 PM
BRI STI
Scooby Regular

Put me down dave..Bri.
Old 27 January 2008, 09:05 PM
BULLITT
Scooby Regular

I'll be coming too though just as spectator/film crew again.
Old 27 January 2008, 09:24 PM
PAUL CRAFTS
Scooby Regular

si and flis hope so but could be working...
Old 27 January 2008, 09:39 PM
BRI STI
Scooby Regular

I have sent you the deposit via paypal dave..
Old 28 January 2008, 09:12 AM
MickWrx
Scooby Regular

Location: Wset Yroksrhie posts: 82,555 - total _____ Avg monthly

David will you please put me down for this, Cossie time

I will settle up with you cash, or if I don't get to see you, I will paypal you the monies.

Thanks mate and respect for sorting this out again
Old 28 January 2008, 09:21 AM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by MickWrx
David will you please put me down for this, Cossie time

JB
XXXXX

Last edited by specialx; 28 January 2008 at 09:23 AM.

Quick Reply: :: :: :: BL9TON BLAST -- Saturday 29th March :: :: ::