Notices
West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club (WYIOC) The official dedicated forum for West Yorkshire Impreza Owners Club.

wheres best???

Search this Thread

Old 22 May 2007, 07:09 PM
YORKSMALE82
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheres best???

im wanting to get my geometry settings checked and possibly adjusting , wheres the best place to go for it seeing to ? , i live in barnsley so anywhere near would be best

i think i need my tracking doing also , would that be separate to a geometry check ?

theres a lot of posts about prodrive settings , would this make a difference and what about tyre wear after changed to these settings

any thoughts would be appreciated
Old 22 May 2007, 07:15 PM
stuart148
Scooby Regular

try scooby clinic mate,,,as there not that far from you,,but even if they was its worth the time/miles,,,

stu

ps,,as for the prodrive settings ,,,the lad i bought my subaru off said mine was this set up and its good,,,be even better now ,,as its down at sc getting a few bits
Old 22 May 2007, 09:20 PM
skywalker23
Scooby Regular

Think i'm also going to go for this set up....

Any one know how much it'll be....
Old 24 May 2007, 07:29 AM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

clinic

price to follow
Old 24 May 2007, 02:31 PM
JAKbauer24
Former Sponsor

price's as promised

simple setup 65+vat

race/track setup 85+vat

HTH JB
Old 26 May 2007, 08:05 AM
YORKSMALE82
Scooby Regular

cheers i think ill have to make a trip there soon
Old 26 May 2007, 02:42 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Why is it more expensive for a race set-up Same equipment, same manpower, same time, different numbers

I had mine done by Stuart Tams who with over 45 years of experience in setting up chassis's and suspension on road and race cars, along with being a consultant to the Williams F1 team truly amazed me with his knowledge and abilities. I had previously had the fabled Prodrive settings applied by a respected company and felt no difference. After Stuart had set my car up the difference was nothing short of astounding. The day my car sold Steve Chaps and I had a laugh at my visibly pronounce castor setting as our cars sat side-by-side. Turn-in was incredible, with no understeer whatsoever, and cornering stability just kept making me laugh out loud as the numbers just got higher and higher as my confidence in the cars ability grew. Stuart laughed when I showed him the Prodrive settings acquired from here, enquiring "Which idiot did these then ?" Two hours later with my requirements, the average UK road camber, my weight, Helens weight and the frequency she was a passenger and two test drives later it was done, and all for £48. He has suffered some ill health in recent years so now you may be lucky to get Stuart, but his sons and grandson continue the family tradition, and I am sure they call on his knowledge when they need to.

Your choice, but I've been there, got the tshirt and know where I would go with my next Scoob.

My settings....

The Tams number is there at the bottom, but if you can't get them on that then I used to have it done using Prospect Garages ramps on Whitehall Road, Wortley, Leeds. Ken will book it for you.