Notices
West Mids Imprezas The Official Dedicated Forum For The West Mids Imprezas. A Charity Based Owners Club Based In & Around Birmingham / West Midlands.

some advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2012, 08:10 PM
scoobykev1984
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some advice needed

will i need a fuel pressure regulator or not

my car going to be going in for some changes my engine is going to be replaced with a closed deck with 70,000 kilometers on it out of a ra ive got the decat and full stainless on fmic is to be fitted 440 injecters walbro 255 sat in the kitchen waiting to be fitted and a vf 34 turbo and from what ive been reading a esl daughter board never done the modding thing before i got my impreza at the right price so thought why not any advice will be appreiciated

the cars a late 96 uk 2000

Last edited by scoobykev1984; 13 February 2012 at 01:24 AM.
Old 13 February 2012, 04:53 PM
scoobykev1984
Scooby Regular

will i , i aint got a clue just want to now as ive been offered 1 in bulk buy more i have better the deal
Old 13 February 2012, 05:01 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not an expert by any means but it's often been said that the Classic FPR can get a bit overwhelmed by the Walbro, especially if it's a few years old and a replacement is recommended.

The newage has a different FPR and by all accounts is pretty good and can cope with a higher capacity fuel pump....

Shaun
Old 13 February 2012, 11:47 PM
scoobykev1984
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
I'm not an expert by any means but it's often been said that the Classic FPR can get a bit overwhelmed by the Walbro, especially if it's a few years old and a replacement is recommended.

The newage has a different FPR and by all accounts is pretty good and can cope with a higher capacity fuel pump....

Shaun

thanks shaun
Old 13 February 2012, 11:51 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No need for a fuel pressure regulator,as your walbro will be delivering more than enough fuel to keep the injectors happy.The Vf34 is a excellent turbo & good for 350bhp,but your safer at 330bhp as your gearbox will crumble with the torque and your injectors will be pretty much maxed out at 330-335 bhp.
Old 14 February 2012, 12:17 AM
scoobykev1984
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midnight
No need for a fuel pressure regulator,as your walbro will be delivering more than enough fuel to keep the injectors happy.The Vf34 is a excellent turbo & good for 350bhp,but your safer at 330bhp as your gearbox will crumble with the torque and your injectors will be pretty much maxed out at 330-335 bhp.

just had a sti gearbox put in john and his mate done it for us bit of a shorter ratio aint too botherd id be happy with 330bhp.
would you say investing in bigger injectors mate as i said aint done this befor last modded impreza i had i bought it like it this one was totally untouched still had twin pea shooter exhaust sound so much better now.
who remapped urs im on the search for mappers im having it all fitted then remap but disconecting turbo thing (mind gone blank) stuck at work 6 hours down 6 to go last shift of 6
Old 14 February 2012, 12:35 AM
midnight
Scooby Regular

If your staying at 330 bhp then 440's will be fine ,anything over this then you want 550's.Regarding mapping ,Bob Rawle ,mapped both of my cars,but i dont think he maps ESL only ecutek,simtek & motec .
If you chat to david at APi ,I think he can map the esl daughterboard and has a rolling road facility on site.
Old 14 February 2012, 04:29 AM
scoobykev1984
Scooby Regular

If your staying at 330 bhp then 440's will be fine ,anything over this then you want 550's.Regarding mapping ,Bob Rawle ,mapped both of my cars,but i dont think he maps ESL only ecutek,simtek & motec .
If you chat to david at APi ,I think he can map the esl daughterboard and has a rolling road facility on site.

cheers ade
Old 15 February 2012, 10:17 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You need to take a look at THWAITES DEVELOPMENTS, he mapped and built crossroads season winning scooby and also Clarkes gobstopper. As far as running a turbo car without a fuel reg, why would you want to do that?
Old 15 February 2012, 10:45 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
You need to take a look at THWAITES DEVELOPMENTS, he mapped and built crossroads season winning scooby and also Clarkes gobstopper. As far as running a turbo car without a fuel reg, why would you want to do that?
If the car had been a newage and required open source mapping,then I would have recommended Mark & ryan at thwaites straight away as i have known them years before they became a household name on scoobynet,and i dont think mark maps ESL .
I never mentioned running the car without a fuel regulator,i simply gave the advice that was given to me by a man that has mapped more scoobs than most other people alive,and that was: The std fuel reg will cope with a car running 440 injectors comfortably ,an aftermarket pressure regulator wont increase the power as the injectors are not far from maxing out at 330 bhp.

I have nothing but praise for Mark when he has done work on my car ,but David at APi has been around when i owned a cossie back in the late 80's and have only heard good reports for the last 20+ years.

Last edited by midnight; 15 February 2012 at 10:49 PM.
Old 15 February 2012, 10:55 PM
chris_wrx
Scooby Regular

webby dude where you been? worth giving mark a shout though even if he dont map them he will point you in the right direction of what to do
Old 16 February 2012, 10:50 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chris_wrx
webby dude where you been? worth giving mark a shout though even if he dont map them he will point you in the right direction of what to do
He He Chris, how you riding dude. Spoke to to mark the other day, just been mega busy so struggled to get down. As soon as work slows up, i will pop in. Got my MK1 Golf GTI running 45's and Forced induction now baby. Has been a struggle with the fueling but got it sussed now, Adjustable Reg helped pinpoint the starvation. Wifes beetle just finished, R36 lump with S3 Haldex and bespoke Supercharger, should be good for low 12's easy on safe boost. I will run it down to ya and have a 50 on a quick drag with your R,LOL. Hows that beast of yours running, mental i reckon.
Old 16 February 2012, 11:00 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

If the car had been a newage and required open source mapping,then I would have recommended Mark & ryan at thwaites straight away as i have known them years before they became a household name on scoobynet,and i dont think mark maps ESL .
I never mentioned running the car without a fuel regulator,i simply gave the advice that was given to me by a man that has mapped more scoobs than most other people alive,and that was: The std fuel reg will cope with a car running 440 injectors comfortably ,an aftermarket pressure regulator wont increase the power as the injectors are not far from maxing out at 330 bhp.

I have nothing but praise for Mark when he has done work on my car ,but David at APi has been around when i owned a cossie back in the late 80's and have only heard good reports for the last 20+ years.
Stop talking bollocks. Your too touchy if you think anything was aimed at you. And dont go all cossy on me dude, ive been had and ran one of the biggest BHP Esscos in the uk.Plus RS2/RS4/S4 AVANT/RS6 AVANT/M3 2.5 EVO Sport, first V7 STI Wagon in the UK, Recent built conversions VW Caddy with S3 running Gear, made 11.1 at Shakespear, Mk2 Gti AGU Big port made 12.4 at shakespear and my current mk1 running 45's and Turbo conversion, and beetle R36 Conversion. So dont do all your stupid little animmes in your posts, just post up what you can ACTUALLY DO, before you even think of landing on me. I actually DO IT, i dont just TALK ABOUT DOIN IT.

Last edited by webby v7 slipperwagon; 16 February 2012 at 11:02 PM.
Old 17 February 2012, 10:24 AM
scoobykev1984
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon

my fault incorrect wording it was supposed to be do i need a aftermarket fpr
Old 17 February 2012, 08:24 PM
midnight
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobykev1984
my fault incorrect wording it was supposed to be do i need a aftermarket fpr

Elementary my dear Watson , lol , I thought as much
Old 17 February 2012, 08:58 PM
LegacySTi
Scooby Regular