Notices
West Mids Imprezas The Official Dedicated Forum For The West Mids Imprezas. A Charity Based Owners Club Based In & Around Birmingham / West Midlands.

Seats

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2011, 12:15 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seats

Hi all,

Im looking for some replacement seats (reclining) which I can use harnesses (without removing the back seats) and will also fit into the current rails in my hatch.

Any ideas -makes, types and where to get them from) ?

Ta !!!

Carl
Old 15 March 2011, 01:47 PM
B4D HK
Scooby Senior

budget?

demontweeks do a catalogue i think

you thought about putting oem classic/blob/hawk/hatch sti seats in....?
Old 15 March 2011, 02:17 PM
Pyrotechnic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Carlh
Hi all,

Im looking for some replacement seats (reclining) which I can use harnesses (without removing the back seats) and will also fit into the current rails in my hatch.

Any ideas -makes, types and where to get them from) ?

Ta !!!

Carl
You'll not be able to use harnesses without loosing the use of the rear seats, either completely or realistically. Nearest you can get is to use a harness bar; you can still use the rear seats, but they encroach on the rear passengers quite a lot and they end up with a metal bar a few inches from their face :/

You also won't be able get then to 'fit into the current rails' (unless you get ones from a different Scoob as H says (and AFAIK classic and newage fit each other)). You'll need the seats, rails and a compatible sub-frame (you can get 'universal' frames, but they normally 'universally' don't fit...)

You can go anywhere from carbon-kevlar Brides at around £2,000 each to bargain-bucket, no-names at about £100 each, just depends if you're a brand ***** or not. I got a couple off a mate for £100 the pair, no idea what make and they're got a dodgey dog logo on them, but they look good and I can sit on them, so it doesn't really matter.

Originally Posted by B4D HK
demontweeks do a catalogue i think
They're got a website too, general rule of thumb with DT though, is to find what you want there, then get them a lot cheaper somewhere else ;]
Old 15 March 2011, 03:24 PM
Carlh
Scooby Regular

THats great fellas, I found a company called Bimarco too, and they're FIA approved, I just want something that when I sit in there, Im gripped in, I get thrown all over the place in mine. I'll go find seats I fancy and as you say pyro, will go get the same, but cheaper!