Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Crashed Blue Blob, M6 between Keele and Sandbach services.

Search this Thread

Old 31 July 2011, 10:45 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Crashed Blue Blob, M6 between Keele and Sandbach services.

Looked a little dented hope your ok

Tony
Old 02 August 2011, 06:13 PM
Mattaspey
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Welcome concern

Tony,

Unfortunately the WRX you saw was mine, well what was left of my mint car !

My wife was driving it in the 3rd lane and having overtaken everything and checked the middle lane was clear attempted to pull back in.

Unfortunately a grey Toyota Avensis had decided to undertake in the middle lane and in an attempt to avoid the impending collision my wife lost control of the vehicle which spun across all three lanes before thumping into the hard shoulder reservation barriers and ended up where you saw it.

All four passengers suffered considerable cuts, bruises and whiplash but thankfully nothing worse than that given the large volume of surrounding traffic.

We are now having some difficulty in proving that the Toyota Avensis driver was driving recklessly, but have already received a written statement from a motorcyclist to support this line of arguement. If we don't manage to prove this my wife will have to take full responsiblility and our insurance will go higher than the ridiculous levels its already at!

If you or anyone else on this forum spotted the grey Toyota Avensis registration plate FE60 JWY and driven by a young asian gentleman, driving in or out of lanes (weaving) leading up to this accident please contact me either on this forum or 07702 946 194.

The accident itself occured between junctions 15 and 16 of the northbound carriageway of the M6 motorway on sunday 31 July 2011 around 1740 to 1750.

Matt