Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Red Mini Cooper in Watford

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2009, 03:23 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Red Mini Cooper in Watford

2 Blonds in a red mini cooper outside the Harlequin centre (No it's not a joke, its funnier)

Sat at the first set of lights you blipped the throttle and just about squeeled the tyres as you pulled off, I wasn't going to bother seeings as the wife was in the car, bought thought what the hell and caught up.

At the second set of lights you stalled as you tried to pull away

I'm guessing from the horns behind you they all knew it too, you know who you are
Old 25 April 2009, 03:26 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

After all the problems with the wife's car and then getting knocked off my bike yesterday at the Arches (me and the bike where fine BTW), it really cheered me up
Old 25 April 2009, 03:34 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Don't know where you live (I haven't stalked you yet), and it's running in stealth mode, the bung is in the exhaust as it's the wifes daily driver until Kiplings decide whether or not they are going to accept liability for the cam vernier retaining nut being loose, after all they did the cambelt a few months ago and Renault have assessed this as the cause of the engine spinning and throwing the timing out
Old 25 April 2009, 04:06 PM
Luther
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 25 April 2009, 04:21 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by HT04
you can stalk me but youll never find the scooby. .

bad news on the scenic btw. i know through having dealings with kiplings when i was in the motor trade, they can be ******** when they wanna be.

dan
Thankfully I have Renault as an 'expert' witness. Regardless of what people think of main dealers, that's just the sort of credible witness you need if it ends up in the small claims court. Also helps that my sister is a consumer lawyer
Old 26 April 2009, 09:30 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

Originally Posted by JonMc
Don't know where you live (I haven't stalked you yet), and it's running in stealth mode, the bung is in the exhaust as it's the wifes daily driver until Kiplings decide whether or not they are going to accept liability for the cam vernier retaining nut being loose, after all they did the cambelt a few months ago and Renault have assessed this as the cause of the engine spinning and throwing the timing out

ah the old loose cam pulley nut loosage . always a good thing to have going on . the only thing they will say jon is that it lasted a few months before coming undone so ?? will they pay out ?? if it had gone strait away then maybe . i know it shouldnt come undone but they will give u this bollox . trust me i worked at a dealer for 10 years and i know all the tricks

hope it goes ok though
Old 26 April 2009, 09:37 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by M444GY
ah the old loose cam pulley nut loosage . always a good thing to have going on . the only thing they will say jon is that it lasted a few months before coming undone so ?? will they pay out ?? if it had gone strait away then maybe . i know it shouldnt come undone but they will give u this bollox . trust me i worked at a dealer for 10 years and i know all the tricks

hope it goes ok though
If the cambelt is designed to last 5 years or 60000 miles then the installation process should consider that and if torqued up correctly it shouldn't come undone, especially not after 5000 miles. Covered by the Sale fo Goods and Services Act 1982.

Spent an hour on the phone to my solicitor(sister) Friday afternoon. It seems that they don't have a leg to stand on given that I have an expert witness statement from Renault and any small claims judge will err towards the expert rather than the general dealer

Hopefully they will roll over, if they can ever be bothered to be there to discuss it at agreed appointment times.

I'll do everything I can to get rid of your competition Mags
Old 26 April 2009, 09:42 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

cool . is the engine bolloxed then ?? bent valves etc
Old 26 April 2009, 09:51 PM
JonMc
Scooby Senior

Don't know yet mate, went down to see the Manager on Saturday, as we'd agreed, and he'd gone away on leave. No one else had the authority to deal with it.

When Renault found the nut finger tight they called me and agreed ot provide a report, but didn't take the heads off as Kiplings insisted on having the car before they'd consider any remedial work. They also supply a 12 month no-quibble warranty on any work they do. I've left a message for the branch manager to call me tomorrow.

Because of the delays the head hasn't come off yet, but given I was on the motorway when it happened I'd expect at least bent valves, if not cracked pistons. Apparently the crown is only a couple of mill thick.

I've already written to Protyre UK as they are an outlet for them, and my sister is drafting me up a 'without prejudice' letter and looking to sort out a court summons just in case. It's great when Retail Operations Directors publish their details on the web

Given that I have a catalogue of failures by them, including 2 previous counts of leaving nuts loose, I don't think I'll have too much trouble, but I just want it sorted sooner rather than later as I go away in 8-weeks