Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A626 Manchester Road, Reddish, Stockport

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2007, 03:59 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A626 Manchester Road, Reddish, Stockport

I've seen some pretty **** poor driving standards in my time, and if I'm honest I'm far from perfect myself, but what I saw today is the worst overtake I've ever seen in my life.
Have a look at Google maps here: Google Maps
See the a626 coming off the roundabout? I was heading for that roundabout in a 30 zone, at 15:05 this afternoon, in the rain.
I was 2nd in a line of cars stuck behind a chap in a KA doing 22 mph, bit frustrating, but nowhere to overtake, so hey ho, hold back, wait for the roundabout where I'll be able to pass.
I then spot a blue 3 series bmw with his headlights on dipped pull right out into the road just before the bridge lights at Whitehill St West.
Hey up, is he thinking of having a go? I think.
But no, he pulls back in, and the lights go green, and we're off.
Except someone is off a bit quicker than the rest of us!
Exactly the same car as mine, my03 sti in blue flashes past me, doing at least 45 and heading for the bus that is coming the other way. Not much in it, but the ******** only just makes it, and then shoots off over the roundabout in the same direction as I'm going.
Now, I've done some dodgy overtaking in the past, but NEVER in those conditions.
1/ 30mph limit
2/ mothers/carers/fathers walking to meet kids from school
3/ very busy traffic
4/ erratic driver at the front of the convoy you're in
5/ pissing it down with rain
6/ better oppurtunity to overtake less than 500 yds down the road

So, I wasn't very happy. Not because of being overtaken, but because this MORON is doing exactly what we all hate on here, and that is bringing the image of the scooby down to CORSA/FORD FIESTA/CHAV SCUM levels!
So, if it was you, I hope to god you read this, and yes, you'll get a bit pissed off that someone dare slag off your driving, but I also hope you'll read this and realise how stupid you've been.

Btw, I followed you to Carphone Warehouse just off Portwood roundabout, hope your rushing around risking your and all around you lives was worth it!

And this is not something I'd normally do, but you're lucky I don't report that driving to the Police.

Registration number of the Subaru driven by a pr1ck is: S1 RPY.

Think about the consequences of your actions next time.
Old 21 June 2007, 04:21 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

he did it because he saw another Scoob in front of you tbh Chris, Driving a Scoob attracts all sorts of bell-ends. As much as i am an a**e sometimes i keep my speed right down in 30 limits. but i seem to have a huge magnet dragging cars to a foot off my bumper sometimes mate

waste of time reporting to the police.

You should have followed him and give him some mate.
Old 21 June 2007, 04:42 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

eh? There wasn't another scooby in front of me chief. I was infront of him by about 4 cars. This is the first time I've ever seen driving drop so low that I was really pissed off by it.
I did follow him but lost him as I got stopped by the lights at Tesco. I then spotted him in the Carphone Warehouse c/p, but I didn't have time then to go and have a word.

Just pissed off that this moron is tooling around in a car like mine. Brings us all into a bad light.
Old 21 June 2007, 04:51 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by cw42
eh? There wasn't another scooby in front of me chief. I was infront of him by about 4 cars. This is the first time I've ever seen driving drop so low that I was really pissed off by it.
I did follow him but lost him as I got stopped by the lights at Tesco. I then spotted him in the Carphone Warehouse c/p, but I didn't have time then to go and have a word.

Just pissed off that this moron is tooling around in a car like mine. Brings us all into a bad light.

Sorry mate thats what i meant he has seen you and decided to goad you into a race by overtaking/making a point
Old 21 June 2007, 04:53 PM
cw42
Scooby Regular

ah right. He wasn't goading though, just in a cockmorontosserwankerdangerousprat driving mode