Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

DON'T DO IT! Silver WRX Tynemouth Service Station

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2001, 11:41 PM
WagonFly
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DON'T DO IT!!!! Had a chat with you at petrol station today. It was me in the Silver 5 door with 'vocal' exhaust.

I call on you all to give this man suggestion as to how he doesn't have to sell it. He told me he has a child on the way and...... wait for it... he might have to buy a Focus or an Astra..... I know, I know, its so sad.

As a man who went from a scoob to a merc to a BMW and then back to a scoob I beg you not to do it. Think of those awful repair bills from a non-scoob or the affect it will have on your marriage when you don't pull up on the drive and grin at your spouse.

Get a bar job or run into a bank with a stocking on yer head. You know there's a way.

BTW great looking car.
Old 18 December 2001, 04:14 PM
SHESCOOBY
Scooby Regular

well he should be able to manage,I do I have a Silver Turbo, single mum, have a 2 half year old, work full time and still manage to keep the wagon, its my love of my life :-), my daughter loves it.
So don't do it it doesn't matter if you have a little one on the way, they will love it aswell when they are older....
Old 19 December 2001, 01:03 PM
Beemer_Deano
Scooby Regular

Talking

Sell the kid or a kidney!

Old 19 December 2001, 01:12 PM
scooburt
Scooby Regular

Or sell the kids kidneys
Old 19 January 2002, 11:51 PM
Clarky
Scooby Newbie

That was me. Please help save me! Not only are family commitments looming larger, the boss wants to give me a Mondeo/rover type tax drain. See the thread under for sale, 1993 silver WRX for details

BTW Your exhaust was the greatest I've heard - what was it?

Simon
Old 20 January 2002, 06:46 PM
WagonFly
Scooby Newbie

Simon,
I am now officially the worlds biggest hypocrit!!! My scoob is now sold. Aaaaaaaaaggghhhh. You'll see it on the forecourt at tynemouth Motor Company. I have to go a different route as I can't drive past for the tears in my eyes!!

However I think my excuse is somewhat justified. I will attempt to redeem myself. I am self employed and a client went bankrupt on me owing £35,000 (plus VAT). That was in October and I've struggled to keep the scoob for 3 months. I have now had it confirmed by the official recievers that I will recieve absolutely nothin'. I have sub-contractors bills for 22K which adds to the loss of the remaining amount on which I would live. I could have declared the company bankrupt and kept the car as it is personal not company but a lot of my suppliers are friends with familes and bills themselves hence I chose to get the overheads down and have at the age of 37 resorted to borrowing £10K from my folks. (like being a student again) If I didn't do so many miles (35to40k/pa)I would have kept it.

I made the decision that after (twice) having an icon of the nineties with the best thrill for yer quid this side of 20grand it was pointless driving a 'luke-warm hatch like a golf or something and have gone the other extreme completely. So keep yer eyes peeled for...... wait for it.... a little green Mercedes A-class Diesel on a V-plate!!!!! I save at least £250/month on fuel so it's a stop gap. BUT I will be back when things turn around.

For the record, the exhaust was from Revolution Motorsport in Gateshead. I have raved about it on here a few times but suffice to say it was great and wasn't all noise.

Wave if you see me in the noddy car so I don't feel left out :-(
Old 20 January 2002, 07:29 PM
legacyPete
Scooby Regular

I think I saw (and heard ) your car at Morrisons a few times. It did sound fantastic... shame
Old 20 January 2002, 08:48 PM
WagonFly
Scooby Newbie

BTW Simon,
Have you considered keeping the car and suggesting to your boss you charge mileage? If you do serious miles but work for someone else it might be in your interests since you'll get clobbered for tax on co-car and might hate the vehicle. If you do your sums according to mileage and your boss doesn't like you having an older car you might be able to get a new turbo (try Dennis Common, Longframlington) and still be quids in.

The Inland Revenue site gives amounts you can charge but I can't remember the URL.

Doesn't work with me coz I work for myself and if the company has a squeeze I have to cut my cloth accordingly.

Also, if you don't do over about 10-15K a year suggest contract hire to your boss. Because the residual value of scoobs has been high (perhaps not now but historically) I think you can get some good deals.

And as stated in one of my other posts please excuse my 'What Car' approach but in my new diesel noddy car I have lost the enthusiasm you lot still have and am now no more than a boring old agony aunt.... I'll try the lottery again, someone's gotta win!!!
Old 23 January 2002, 05:12 PM
Jo Peters
Scooby Regular

Smile

You really don't need to do it. I too am a single mum with two sprogs (age 7 & 4), complete with £80k mortgage and no maintenance from the ex..... I would not sell my WRX unless I absolutely had no other choice. it is a practical car with 4 doors, a spacious boot and apart from the huge petrol bill (heavy right foot) there are no other reasons why I should sell.

Jo