Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Merthyr Tydfil Travel Inn over the weekend

Search this Thread

Old 26 November 2001, 11:14 AM
StevieB
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Who else took the comfort option of the Merthyr Tydfil Travel Inn for the Network-Q?

A few scoobs in the car park. A couple of MY00 red, green 4dr between me and an Evo Fri night + a 22B Sat night to mention a few.

I never got your name, but you’ll know who you are (Blue RA). Saw you up at Brechfa and then @ the Travel Inn with your wife. Thanks for directing us towards car park H Sunday morning for Rheola. We left at 3.30am and you had already gone (as was the 22B). We stuck the weather out for both the stages and was well worth it.

Steve
Green MY98
Old 27 November 2001, 08:19 AM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It was me...... Green MY94 Prodrive, next to the EVO and me mate with his MY98 Reddish Blue the other side of the EVO.

Yep, took the soft touch of the Trvel Inn as didn't fancy sleeping in the Stage Car Park.

Won't be getting a Day Pass next year as the traffic was mad. But did manage to get into Rhondda and Halfway (although at Halfway we had to walk up the 1-in-3 hill from the village).

Oop, just realised you were taliking about Friday night. We were there Thursday......

[Edited by Scott.T - 11/27/2001 8:21:13 AM]
Old 27 November 2001, 04:42 PM
StevieB
Scooby Regular

Red face

Scott,

Your right, it was Thursday night after the Super-Special that you were parked up next to me !
Old 27 November 2001, 05:29 PM
Scott.T
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
May well use the Travel Inn again, but will get 2 single stage passes over 2 days instead of trying to do more then 1 stage in a day.

My Pictures can be seen at http://www.geocities.com/subaru_555uk/NetworkQ/
Old 28 November 2001, 10:38 AM
nigelward
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Scott

Nice set of pictures from the Rally.

I ended up staying in the Travel Inn in Cardiff and after (trying) to kip in the car for an hour in the Rheola car park I am glad that I went to the expense and comfort of the Travel Inn.

I had a forest pass and managed to see a total of three stages on Friday (St. Gwynno, Halfway (froze my bol***ks off on the hill side), and Trawscoed), two stages on Saturday (Resolfen, and Brechfa), and Rheola on the Sunday.

The only downside is that the early stages have to be left after around an hour to get to the next stage and then hope that that last stage is run to completion.

It can be a bit frantic but for some reason the Welsh seem have some damn good roads with decents surfaces and cats eye that work which does make rapid driving on the clear bits a lot more safer than round where I live.