Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Manchester Scoob's

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2001, 11:08 AM
RichardC
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Saw lots of you yesterday at Old Trafford.

I was on the Man Utd Park and Ride bus so could not flash

RichardC
Old 18 October 2001, 11:54 AM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Me, Ronnie H, Scott W and Mark Khan went to the game in a couple of scoobs yesterday (Green 5dr and DBM 4dr). Also saw a scoob in the TC car park with SIDC stickers.

Cr@p result though

Rich
Old 18 October 2001, 05:46 PM
RichardC
Scooby Regular

Talking

Saw you both at the traffic lights making some noise

Also saw a P1 and a nice looking silver scoob.

RichardC
Old 18 October 2001, 06:05 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Rich,

Was that you changing drivers near the Copthorne Hotel before the game? Couldn't stop laughing as the JCB kept revving his engine at the lights!

Alex (still pi55ed off at the result )
Old 19 October 2001, 12:47 AM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

That was probably me in the silver one (sti5 spoiler Wrx) Seen you 2 dbm new shape and green estate shot round roundabout. I was a couple of cars behind. Also seen a dbm uk spec my 98ish on car park. Was parked right near the buses.

Bloody traffic was a nightmare following a nightmare game.
Old 19 October 2001, 03:12 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

You mean you took your scoobs down to near ordsall estate?!! dont get me wrong guys but no way would i take my car anywhere near that s**thole of a place unless i wanted it "borrowing" by the nice people who live there [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] as have seen what the 12-16yr olds get up to at night [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Reccommend caution when going to old trafford!!

Tony
Old 19 October 2001, 03:36 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Tony, I always park on the official car park where they lock the gates and have attendents walking about during match play.

Quite safe i assure you.
Old 19 October 2001, 05:10 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

If anyone wants to know of a decent secure car park near Old Trafford for match day parking (that allows you to miss most of the traffic ) mail me

Who's at the Bolton game tomorrow?

Alex
Old 19 October 2001, 05:13 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

I shall be there.

Better do better this time!
Old 19 October 2001, 06:21 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

How come when I go I never see one scoob?!!?

Well, I wont be there tomorrow but I will be next week, I'll have a look for you.
Old 19 October 2001, 07:42 PM
RichardC
Scooby Regular

Where were u guys sitting at the game?

I was in the North Stand Tier 3. My 1st time to Old Trafford but was amazed at the view from so high up.

Friend has a box booked for tomorrow's game so I may travel up again.

RichardC
Old 19 October 2001, 08:38 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

I usually see a few scoobys around Old Trafford but I usually get the tram from Eccles, so don't have chance to wave.

Normally sit in West Tier 2 - the noisy bit but I'm sat amongst the living dead in the south stand tomorrow Let's hope the result is better than wednesday.

Alex

Old 19 October 2001, 11:06 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Angry

Where do you live Tony Burns, I hope those "nice people" find out and cr+p down your neck after they've ripped your head off.
You must be brave or extremely foolish to make statements like that.
Some peope just don't have any choice about where they live.
Old 20 October 2001, 01:48 AM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Alan chill dude. I am always on north tear was north 2nd up on wed, tomorrow on ground north tear.

Give us a wave if you see me.
Old 21 October 2001, 01:47 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Angry

Alan, i take it you have never worked there then??
its not a nice area especially after dark and seeing 4 kids jump out of a stolen xr3i then run into the estate with the police in hot persuit doesnt give you any confidence in it either [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] now if you want to park in the hotel over the road from the estate you can do but even though they have security cameras and high fences it doesnt stop the scum from breaking in to the cars there [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] we have had several vans broken into in that area and our old offices had many a break in [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] so if you think its cos they are deprived think again cos these type of people, mainly kids too are the ones that steal your scoob and smash it up for the hell of it [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
If you dont believe me, park your car there overnight but dont expect it to be there in the morning.

Tony [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 22 October 2001, 11:38 AM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

If anyone is interested I have two spare tickets for tomorrow nights game at Old Trafford.

Please send me an email asap if you want them.

Price is £26 each

Cheers

Mark
Old 22 October 2001, 08:23 PM
alanjack
Scooby Regular

Tony, I have worked in Salford for 13 years and I also travel through Ordsal regularly.
I have never had any problems with the people or the area, this leads me onto my points, How do you know this xr3i was stolen?
Why didn't you give chase and help the Police?
Are all of the people who live in this area "deprived"?
You are the only derpived person here because you're ignorant and it's as simple as that Tony.
Finally, I am lucky enough to park my car at home and I have no desire to leave it in Ordsal overnight,as I think getting the bus home only to go back again the next day to pick my car up seems a bit like you Tony, Silly don't you think?
Cheers for all those red faces by the way
Alan
Old 23 October 2001, 10:27 AM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Taking mine tonight - blue EVO 7

Might see some of you later

Rich

Old 23 October 2001, 01:22 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Angry

Alan, i am not the ignorant one here, if people want to live like that then they live like that cos they dont want to change, i live like i live, trying my best to achieve higher goals, trying to improve myself but most of the people there dont want to, they just want the easy life and most of the kids there dont want to go to school, they just want to steal things from people like you and me who earn our money to keep our lifestyles the way we like them.
How do i know the xr3i was stolen?
Well i think the little g1ts who handbraked turned it in the middle of the junction then before it had stopped were all out of the doors, 2 unmarked cars and a few marked police cars in persuit shows you that its been nicked [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
I was on the top floor of exchange tower at the time if you want to know where i was too, we had 2 guys going over to the petol station (the shell one) who were nearly run over by these kids [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] im not saying that all salford is like this but alot of the incidents around there (especially at the roundabout) are caused by the people who live on that estate, the ones who put windows through with bricks, who steal womens handbags off the front seat, just think that one day, god help it could be someone you know
If you have never been there at night, i think you should go, its a real eye opener.
And to think that i started this by warning people about this estate, the area around old trafford, and if you want to see what real deprevation is, you should have spent some time with me in Bosnia, people starving because there was no food, no fuel to keep them warm, no power, shot at, shelled and basically forgotten by the outside world These people had no choice, that was deprevation those people in ordsall do have a choice, thats the difference.

Tony
Old 23 October 2001, 05:19 PM
alexf
Scooby Regular

Hope tonights result is better than the last two.

Look out for a green MY97 with gold speedlines and a SIDC sticker by the rear view mirror

Alex
Old 23 October 2001, 05:47 PM
cryptwalk
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I gonna give this a miss think i'm giving them bad luck..
Old 23 October 2001, 05:55 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

Tony, maybe its me, but, er, isnt salford about 20 miles away from salford?
Old 23 October 2001, 08:24 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Andi, the city of salford starts just around the end of deansgate, the other side of the irwell, salford itself as a city is actually bigger than the city of manchester, but they just picked the best name also trafford is apart of salford, just like oldham is apart of manchester...

Tony
Old 23 October 2001, 11:42 PM
Rich_R
Scooby Regular

Cool

Result!!!!!!
Old 24 October 2001, 01:09 PM
BarryK
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Ha ha. Tony you mean Oldham is "apart from" not "apart of".

I know where you're coming from, but I do have some sympathy with the "decent" people who have no choice but to live in places like that because they get paid crap wages. "there but for the grace of God etc."

Not everyone is gonna be on £30k plus a year, and that's getting worse. Previous years of educational planning have produced a dumbed down society, ideal for "sweat shop" terms and conditions. Thatcher called it "Victorian Values" I believe.

The social problem I think is that our society is not protecting those who are trying to be decent and law abiding. We seem to be spending more time on "excusing" bad behaviour and allowing people to abrogate their responsibility for anything they do.

As an example I give you the 14 year old girl my wife "mentored" on a scheme from where she worked. Her family were perfectly decent, lived near Miles Platting, but were surrounded by lawlessness and people who didn't give a toss about themselves or anyone else. But what can they (the decent people) do about it? These "people" have the right to behave like cavemen if they want to is the mantra of our society at this time. And furthermore, woe betide anyone who tries to stop them.

So she, a decent girl, from a decent family is approached to use drugs, encouraged to view crime as a game and a way of life etc. How can she escape?

Well, she was lucky her family had relatives in the Lake Distrcit so they sent her away. Her peer group, many of whom are equally decent, are doomed, because they see no reward for good behaviour, only for bad.

Criminals don't have bosses who moan at them for being late or give them lousy annual appraisals and crap wages.

Why go and work for someone who does? They are seeing that crime does pay. The boys with cars are the thieves/pimps and dealers. The shelf stackers at Tesco have nothing materially to offer and are always at work.

It's no good pretending that towns don't have bad areas though, it's always been true in EVERY town/city in the world.

Anyway back on topic, hooray for the Trotters!!!
Old 24 October 2001, 10:14 PM
AndiThompson
Scooby Regular

So, Saturday, who's there, what do you drive and where (roughly obviously due to nicking risk) will you be parked?
Old 25 October 2001, 11:04 AM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

Wink

Saturday, I am there as usual.. I never miss a home game.

I have great parking sorted out... Been going for two years in the scoob and built up a good rapport with the guys who look after the motors infact no matter what time I get there they always have a nice space for me

They also have looked after very motor that has come up with me..
Even Rich's new EVO.....

Mark
Old 25 October 2001, 11:23 AM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Mark,
Where is your parking? just relocated away from M'cr to Shropshire. ST holder at OT but never used to drive. Have to now so am trying to find decent, safe parking with quick getaway to M602. E-mail me off the board on seejayw@hotmail.com with details please. Thanks.
Old 25 October 2001, 11:26 AM
Mkhan
Scooby Regular

oops double post

[Edited by Mkhan - 25/10/2001 16:08:56]
Old 25 October 2001, 11:44 AM
seejay555
Scooby Regular

Question

Mark,
Where is your parking? I have just relocated from M'cr to Shropshire. ST holder at OT but never used to drive much. Need to find good , safe parking with quick getaway to M602. E-mail me off the board on seejayw@hotmail.com with details please. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Manchester Scoob's