Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Black Mica My05 STI 305BHP shipley

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2005, 12:16 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black Mica My05 STI 305BHP shipley

Followed you up Leeds rd form Shipley West Yorks last week, Silver graphics and the compulsory 305BHP sticker with the PPP.Looked absolutely fantastic it made me want to reach for me cheque book.Gave you a flash when I turned off leed s rd My03 wrx WR Blue
powerman
Old 03 July 2005, 02:15 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Did it have a private plate mate?

I was up that way last Sunday with a rather nice WR Blue behind me (so to speak) going through all them bloody speed cameras up Leeds Rd. May have been me?
Old 03 July 2005, 09:45 PM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

yes,cant remember what the plate was but was waiting for the compulsory blast between the bluddy cameras...fantastic looking car, I dont usually like graphics but yours looked absolutely brilliant in silver and I noticed the 305BHP badge and I am assuming its the latest STI with the standard PPP?.Do you live around Shipley havent seen you before?

Old 03 July 2005, 10:26 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the compliment mate. Thats bought the graphics another couple of months....................continuously think about taking them off until someone says they look good.

Live in Keighley but hadn't been up that way for a while so apologies for the over cautious driving. The Mrs said thank god you had patience but like I always tell her better safe than sorry. Should have realised I'd passed the last one when the corsa left me eating dust.

Its a 53 plate sti btw. Left the ppp stickers on there although now replaced with TSL 333 package

Will keep my eyes open for you now bud

Rob
Old 03 July 2005, 10:36 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Smile Didn't take too long to get spotted!

Powerman, Its actually referring to 305ps M8 not BHP (Sticker says 'P**drive 305' deliberately ambiguous) so the car is officialy in stealth mode!!! Totally correct tho that it's gorgeous
Rob M8, reminds me I've got the rr printout somewhere which you can have, I'll mail it or if you're pitching up to the rr next w/e (3r is on the rollers!!!) I'll hand it over.
Old 03 July 2005, 10:44 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Only joking about the graphics Steve. How could I ruin your hard work.

Went to Grassington today and had some guy ask me if he could take a picture of the car with his wife stood at the side of it. Said it's her who wants the picture not him. It's even winning over the female fans much to Clares annoyance All slightly embarassing though..............

Yep how funny is it-had the classic for four years and never got a mention in this forum and here I am two in a week.

Will see you at the rolling road mate. Clare enjoys taking the car on every now and again so I'll let her have her fun. Saying that I'd go just to see yours on there. Its certainly going to see some attention........

See you next week.
Old 03 July 2005, 10:58 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RLE
Only joking about the graphics Steve. How could I ruin your hard work.

Went to Grassington today and had some guy ask me if he could take a picture of the car with his wife stood at the side of it. Said it's her who wants the picture not him. It's even winning over the female fans much to Clares annoyance All slightly embarassing though..............

Yep how funny is it-had the classic for four years and never got a mention in this forum and here I am two in a week.

Will see you at the rolling road mate. Clare enjoys taking the car on every now and again so I'll let her have her fun. Saying that I'd go just to see yours on there. Its certainly going to see some attention........

See you next week.
Know where you're coming from on the graphics, they do look great but cause a stir everywhere, although I only managed 1 post on 'was it you' in 18 months !
RR will be interesting as BHP could be any where between 350 & 450 (figures depend who I've been talking to!). One guy with a similar factory M400 conversion on his 3R is getting the latter!
The car swap has meant the standard question asked on petrol station forecourts had changed from "How fast does it go?" to...........er.............."How fast does it go?", actually now that's the 2nd question after "What is it?". Making me wonder about debadging seeing as they are obviously unreadable
Old 04 July 2005, 10:11 AM
powerman1
Scooby Regular

Forgot about the corsa and yes i did remember him shooting off after the last camera.A word of caution on that stretch past the last camera...The mobile cash machine..oops i mean camera sits on the left hand side of the road just before the garage...I know from experience 36MPH got me a £60 fine and 3 penalty points