Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Daftlad - dohnut

Search this Thread

Old 02 June 2005, 01:05 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daftlad - dohnut

first time iv spotted u, car was parked in the centre of town last night!

only got a brief look on tyhe way past. what model is it pal? RA?
Old 02 June 2005, 01:58 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CJAF7R
first time iv spotted u, car was parked in the centre of town last night!

only got a brief look on tyhe way past. what model is it pal? RA?
Wish it was mate!!

It's only a 1.6 LX, unfortunately being a young 'un and having no no-claims & just finished uni, turbo insurance is out of the question at least until next year!

Still yet to see yours knocking about, though from the pictures I've seen your car looks spot on pal, especially loving the interior!
Old 02 June 2005, 02:51 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

ahhhh! i only had a glimpse on the way past in the back of my sisters clio, noticed it didnt look like a normal turbo so thought it might be the ra version! looked smart tho mate!! saw ur name in the back window!

and cheers im rarely about chesterfield in it, i live in the outskirts and darent leave it parked anywhere so nick my sisters clio, or my mums car hehe!

its in the garage at the mo broken tho

Originally Posted by Daft Lad
Wish it was mate!!

It's only a 1.6 LX, unfortunately being a young 'un and having no no-claims & just finished uni, turbo insurance is out of the question at least until next year!

Still yet to see yours knocking about, though from the pictures I've seen your car looks spot on pal, especially loving the interior!
Old 02 June 2005, 04:08 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Can't say I blame you for not wanting to leave it parked up matey, keep hearing too many stories on here about people coming back to their cars only to find somethings happened to them!

Thanks for the compliments though mate, much appreciated!!

Whats the matter with yours at the moment?
Old 02 June 2005, 05:01 PM
CJAF7R
Scooby Regular

the main pulley on the front of the engine came loose as the woodruff? key broke! caused all the belts for the power steering, alternator, air con etc to come off! no damage, just need a new key, and new belts on!

to be honest mate, im thinking of selling her! I fookin love it, but I dunno if I can justify running a car like this when all im using it for is a 16mile trip to work and back each day! i darent leave it anywhere other than work nd my garage, so i always borrow other folks cars if i want to go somewhere at night or the weekends! only time it gets used at night is if i take a bird out! (they love it )

iv always been a hot hatch fan, i used to have a mk1 clio. 2.0 16v that did 0-100 in 14 seconds and was awesome fun, so............. im thinking of buying a 106gti for daily use, and a 205 mi16 or another 2.0 16v clio for my 'fun' car! iv got a bit of space at home so thinking of building a bit of a rally slag/track car in my spare time! plus id get over £1k back from my insurance as they only insure jap cars so they would refund me a load from insurance on it

not 100% decided yet tho!

Last edited by CJAF7R; 02 June 2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 02 June 2005, 05:19 PM
Daft Lad
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate, it'd be a shame to see such a fine example of a classic going! Must admit I do still like the look of the 106 gti's, particularly in sky blue or yellow - and the idea of building a track car would be !

Maybe you could start bringing the scoob to more local meets mate - justify your running costs a bit? Theres a fair few of us from Chesterfield and we meet up every couple of weeks or so, pop along to one matey?