Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

CustomScoobyIOM (Redcar Area Today Possibly)

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 02:52 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CustomScoobyIOM (Redcar Area Today Possibly)

I think it was you around the Redcar area, going towards Skelton. Unless theres more than one uk sti in white in the area. Hello.
Old 03 September 2004, 05:35 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Actually just looked at some old pics of your car, same Reg, so there's no possible in it.
Old 05 September 2004, 09:19 PM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

Was me, was that you in the Blue Ibiza then? Moves nicely
Old 05 September 2004, 09:34 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Will move better with the vf34 and another 107bhp (only a month or Two of waiting left). What happened to the Black wrx, who let him in. I saw the lorry come off the r-about and feared the worst. Did you see the black wrx import. Yours aint a stnd uk sti, but its not a PPP i reckon. It seemed less laggy. I could be wrong. Still a 300-320bhp i would think. Smoother map maybe.

Dont see them in white very often so u caught my eye straight away. I was gonna go into redcar but i changed my mind and decided to follow a little. Spotted some nice flames of your motor even during daylight hrs.

Nice car.
Old 05 September 2004, 09:39 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

When i had a little play with Bry the other week i hit overboost going up the parkway and only got 5 psi instead of 21psi, so i wound the waste gate actuator out to pull the boost spike down a little. So it was nice getting a fault free run with another scoob. Cheers.
Old 05 September 2004, 09:40 PM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

Thanks mate, VF34 is a very nice turbo. Should be a screamer then!

That black WRX dont know mate.

No mine aint a standard UK STI either That day it was fully loaded in the boot and rear seats but still went well

Definetely not PPP, using a GEMS ECU and mapped myself and a few other tweaks. Less laggy than when it had PPP and smoother all through the range. Holds the boost better too. Also uses the AP Racing 6 pot brakes too.

Thanks for the positive comments, the Ibiza was quick, suprised me actually. I was pulling away but not much in it. Only time I really went was the roundabout as I came off it.

Thanks and no doubt see you soon
Old 05 September 2004, 09:56 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

The only time i went was off the R-about i waited until i heard the flat 4. I should have just gone before i heard the engine. The PPP'd sti's seem very laggy from low down, yours was smoother and more linear. Looks like the gems is a nice bit of kit. I am really looking forward to bumping into the local scoobs with another 100bhp+ and 35lbs ft. I cant see any of them having the straight line speed to compete, well no TTS scoobs anyway.

Pulling away, no my passenger thought it was very even, especially from being a couple of cars behind to start with and me having to react to you going in the 1st place. Lets hope for another encounter when my new turbo etc is on for a more conclusive result LOL. It was fun though.

The black wrx was behind me going around apple orchards and overtook about 4 cars with no where to pull in. He must have forced his way in as when i looked he was gone and a large lorry was there. Bad place to over take he was luckly.

Looking forward to another play, with my new toys installed. Cheers M8.