Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Seat Ibiza's are suprisingly fast!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2004, 05:59 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat Ibiza's are suprisingly fast!!!!

Saw two nice looking Seat Ibizas on the A174 Parkway today and thought to myself.......
"Hmmmmm.......seems to accelerate quite quickly.....turbo's no doubt and probably "chipped", etc.......Haven't they the same engine as the Audi TT....and doesn't that have 225bhp??

Anyway................

I overtook them both at a sedate pace and just knew there was going to be a bit of "sport"

Came off Greystones roundabout and put my foot down in third, with the yellow of the two Ibizas (the other was a very nice blue) was right behind.

If anything I'd say he gained on me a bit around the 80 to 100 mph area. I couldn't really go for it, as my wife and kiddie were in the car too!!!! Bugger!!!!

May meet again one day (without the wife and wee fella) then we'll see how well the Ibizas go round corners too!!!!!

In the mean time.....very nice cars lads......fast too!!!! I did wave as you went back round the Wilton turn off......I'm not ignorant.

Cheers,

Marty
Old 15 August 2004, 07:23 PM
CHRIS_D
Scooby Regular

a couple of years back i went to a rolling road. there was an ibiza turbo there which had been chipped IRRC. it got 199 bhp on the rollers.

His mate - a scoob owner said it would keep up with a std UK turbo

'If' i ever get rid of the scoob, i would consider a leon cupra R as one of my choices.
Old 15 August 2004, 08:53 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

I was in the blue one mate. I let u and my mate in the yellow one get on with it 3 cars is to much when there's a traffic about. I also spotted ur Mrs and the possible child on board sticker sign (maybe) and decided it was not safe for 3 cars to play at speed. Both cars are Chipped Ibiza's with E05'k03s turbo fitted 235-240bhp with 255lbs ft. Running 3"dp's sports cat's, chargecooler's. Both cars are on the 340-350bhp IHI Jabbasport conversion waiting list. I was nice today and flashed u out as i am a nice natured boy. Ur car aint stnd either.
Old 15 August 2004, 08:55 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Oh and they both have strut braces and Full suspension kits on. There a handful in the wet but feel free to try it on both starights and r-abouts u will be suprised.
Old 15 August 2004, 09:21 PM
Scooby Doo-er
Scooby Newbie

Yes it was me today in the Yellow Ibiza.As you guessed correctly my car is tweaked to 240 bhp/260 lbsft.
As you can see from my signiature i have done quite a few Scoobs now.
Yours seemed to go better than standard tho', what you got BHP wise???

More than Happy to oblige again even on the twisties as i am running Pss9 bilstein fully adjustable coilovers with strut braces Etc Etc.

Did see you wave m8 as did i ,
look forward to meeting you again.
Done a whitw standard classic not long after you and that was alot slower than your car.

Cheers jools
Old 15 August 2004, 10:07 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

Isn't it surprising how many non-Scooby owners actually visit Scoobynet??

I'm guessing you all come to let us know when you've beaten us!! LOL

Like I said......I knew Ibiza turbo's were pretty quick, but also knew yours (Jools) wasn't standard as soon as I put my foot down and you stuck to my rear spoiler!

My car is running a full de-cat exhaust, K&N replacement filter and a bit more boost. It was rolling road'ed at 244 bhp a couple of months ago, so about the same as your cars I guess.

I'm sure that your motors will be f**king wicked with more power......let's hope we meet in the wet eh??? LOL

Like I said previously.....a couple of really smart cars...nice to have decent lads running them eh?

Cheers,

Marty
Old 15 August 2004, 10:11 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

There's a wr1 locally, Redcar area. Not very impressive. No diff from a uk wrx sti with ppp. I thought the wr1 would be quicker than the Uk sti with ppp but it seemed no diff.

Trending Topics

Old 15 August 2004, 10:20 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

All good fun Marty.
Old 15 August 2004, 11:03 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default i remember

i know them two cars , i was once coming off wilton roundabout up the mad mile when these two seats flew up my **** , do you remember ,if ure reading , steadyed past them onto eston roundaboutand the dark one shot up me **** i floored it to round the roundabout and to go back down the mad mile ,when they decided to go straight onto the parkway ,pussies ha ha , was gona go around the roundabout and follow onto parkway but wouldnt of had a sniff then , as me beasts still limited , can yers remember lads , in yer shiats , one day .........well meet again ,.....lol
Old 16 August 2004, 07:59 AM
RR
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dav 27
i know them two cars , i was once coming off wilton roundabout up the mad mile when these two seats flew up my **** , do you remember ,if ure reading , steadyed past them onto eston roundaboutand the dark one shot up me **** i floored it to round the roundabout and to go back down the mad mile ,when they decided to go straight onto the parkway ,pussies ha ha , was gona go around the roundabout and follow onto parkway but wouldnt of had a sniff then , as me beasts still limited , can yers remember lads , in yer shiats , one day .........well meet again ,.....lol
I remember, we both thought you had **** yourself and run into Eston and a 30mph zone built up area to avoid being done by 2 cars at the same time. Fancy ****ting ya pants just cos ur rear view filled and sprinting for the nearest 30 zone.LOL
Old 16 August 2004, 08:17 AM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default ha ha

[QUOTE=RR]I remember, we both thought you had **** yourself and run into Eston and a 30mph zone built up area to avoid being done by 2 cars at the same time. Fancy ****ting ya pants just cos ur rear view filled and sprinting for the nearest 30 zone.LOL[/QUOTE

ha ha ,so it was yous , i did end up going into eston ,cause both of yers **** your selfes and went up the parkway , scooby 260 bhp standard matey , then the mods , i floored the roundabout aswell and started to pull away from dark one .like i say some day matey .... lol. nice one
Old 16 August 2004, 10:32 AM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by RR
There's a wr1 locally, Redcar area. Not very impressive. No diff from a uk wrx sti with ppp.
apart from the gay colour of course
Old 16 August 2004, 04:38 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Dav 27]
Originally Posted by RR
I remember, we both thought you had **** yourself and run into Eston and a 30mph zone built up area to avoid being done by 2 cars at the same time. Fancy ****ting ya pants just cos ur rear view filled and sprinting for the nearest 30 zone.LOL[/QUOTE

ha ha ,so it was yous , i did end up going into eston ,cause both of yers **** your selfes and went up the parkway , scooby 260 bhp standard matey , then the mods , i floored the roundabout aswell and started to pull away from dark one .like i say some day matey .... lol. nice one
The more i think about it the more i remember, u were in the left hand lane at the r-about, u were'nt indicating left to go back towards redcar. So if u wanted to go to Eston i presumed going of at 3'0clock would have meant u would have been in the right hand lane indicating right but u were'nt. We both presumed being in the lane u were and with no right indication u were going straight on up the Parkway. I never thought u pulled away, if u wanted us back down the madmile then the right hand lane with the right indicator on would have brought us right round with u. Never mind it would have been a waste of time if your car was limited. We hit 145mph down there before we have to go to the brembo's. And if wrx sti type ra's cant keep u i think u would have been left sobbing. Boooh Hoooo. LOL.

P.S were always available for some scooby slaying. Just book yourself in.
Old 16 August 2004, 05:10 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default shiats

Originally Posted by RR
The more i think about it the more i remember, u were in the left hand lane at the r-about, u were'nt indicating left to go back towards redcar. So if u wanted to go to Eston i presumed going of at 3'0clock would have meant u would have been in the right hand lane indicating right but u were'nt. We both presumed being in the lane u were and with no right indication u were going straight on up the Parkway. I never thought u pulled away, if u wanted us back down the madmile then the right hand lane with the right indicator on would have brought us right round with u. Never mind it would have been a waste of time if your car was limited. We hit 145mph down there before we have to go to the brembo's. And if wrx sti type ra's cant keep u i think u would have been left sobbing. Boooh Hoooo. LOL.

P.S were always available for some scooby slaying. Just book yourself in.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah ah ah ah aha aha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa , book me in ha ha ha , majuba boys i gather .. scoobs rock matey , 350 bhp , do you have 4 wheel drive ? if not say good night to tyres and say hello to talk steer , good fun until u end up in the bushes , where do you do your racing like , and maybe i can catch u up and settle this score , 145 youl leave me top end but upto 112 ?? questionable , like i said rr , seats are shiats ,lolll ,
Old 16 August 2004, 05:18 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

Nah dont we dont do majuba. Were always about mainly weekends due to work. You'll get your chance i am sure. If u can refrain from running for the 30 zones. HE heheh.
Old 16 August 2004, 05:20 PM
Scooby Doo-er
Scooby Newbie

DAV 27 , i remember you aswell and as RR has stated you went into Eston m8 as soon as we shot up your ****.
If your gonna prove a point whats the best option A174 ( 7 miles of dual carriageway) or madmile (1 mile of dual carriageway).
Think it was you who **** it m8.

We have both done between us an R/A , STI PPP / P1 and W1 and sooooo many other scoobs .

I don't want to get into a" my cars faster than yours " 'cos i think we all left that in the playground.
I quote figures and events as they have really happened and have been beaten by some bloody quick cars , which i put my hands upto.

I respect what you guys are doing and the cars you drive but remember ,Invincible you aint m8.

We will both be running IHI vf34 turbo's next year putting out 340bhp and 300lbft.

Even with that bhp tho' the ibiza is pants in the wet and 0-60 due to front wheel drive.

Hope to see you guys soon as i am allways ready to oblige LOL

Jools
Old 16 August 2004, 05:27 PM
Scooby Doo-er
Scooby Newbie

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ah ah ah ah ah ah aha aha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa , book me in ha ha ha , majuba boys i gather .. scoobs rock matey , 350 bhp , do you have 4 wheel drive ? if not say good night to tyres and say hello to talk steer , good fun until u end up in the bushes , where do you do your racing like , and maybe i can catch u up and settle this score , 145 youl leave me top end but upto 112 ?? questionable , like i said rr , seats are shiats ,lolll ,
If you can beat a R/A to 112 then i'll put my hands up, Top end the SHIAts will see 160 mph now and when ihi its off the speedo and 0-150 in 25 secs
, so maybe not so shiat after all.
Old 16 August 2004, 05:39 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Doo-er
If you can beat a R/A to 112 then i'll put my hands up, Top end the SHIAts will see 160 mph now and when ihi its off the speedo and 0-150 in 25 secs
, so maybe not so shiat after all.
im not saying scoobs are invincible matey , be the sound of it your seats are quoting figures like that , was it one of yous who my mate had a go with his series 1 rs ?
Old 16 August 2004, 05:42 PM
martyrobertsdj
Scooby Regular

I'm going to be a bit of a turn-coat here and defend "other than a Scoob"!!!

EEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!

I went to Scooby Shootout, so know how fast my car accelerated over the quarter and also how fast it managed over 1.25 miles.

It was not the slowest Scoob that day, by quite a margin and there were cars with supposedly more power, that just did not achieve figures I would have expected.

Since then, I have a bit more boost and a bit more power, so I think I can safely assume that the car will be a little bit quicker now.

NOWTHEN!!!!......I put my foot down with that little yellow "shiat" behind me.....all I can say is that I reckon it was quicker than my Scoob!!!!

Hats off to quick cars folks!!! How about going along to a 200+ club meeting??

Marty
Old 16 August 2004, 05:46 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Dav 27]im not saying scoobs are invincible matey , be the sound of it your seats are quoting figures like that , was it one of yous who my mate had a go with his series 1 rs ?[/QUOTE

only went into eston as yous went straight up the parkway , so lets get that staright , for a start and next time ill indicate okey dokey , and next time ill have a go with yous upto 112 mph and see what happens , so remember when i get to 112 and yous pull away thats why , when are yers out next??
Old 16 August 2004, 05:54 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

As long as its safe, its only a little fun. I can see your passionate about scooby ownership Dav 27, which is good. And there's nothing wrong with a little competative spirit.

Did the Mrs give u an earfull Marty, i felt for ya. Hopfully next time u will be on your own and then u can play fully without so much distraction.

I wont say when were about on a public forum, Marty came across us, so will u with time.

Last edited by RR; 16 August 2004 at 05:58 PM.
Old 16 August 2004, 06:00 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

im not saying scoobs are invincible matey , be the sound of it your seats are quoting figures like that , was it one of yous who my mate had a go with his series 1 rs ?

Dont think it was me.
Old 16 August 2004, 06:07 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

What times etc did u do at the scoobyshoot out marty. We both thought u had about 260-275bhp from what we have seen from other scoobs. We were at Nbo2 this year and had good fun having a look around.

De-restrict your car Dav 27 and then it would be a little more intresting. 112mph is no where near enough. The funs just beginning @ that point.
Old 16 August 2004, 06:15 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RR
What times etc did u do at the scoobyshoot out marty. We both thought u had about 260-275bhp from what we have seen from other scoobs. We were at Nbo2 this year and had good fun having a look around.

De-restrict your car Dav 27 and then it would be a little more intresting. 112mph is no where near enough. The funs just beginning @ that point.
couldnt agree with you more rr e mail me , agree fun starts at 112 but ive got a job on me liscence and wouldnt want to loose that , yet wouldnt mind seeing haow fast it does go at top end though ,wouldnt mind having a blast with yers one day like upto 112 , it would be intresting to see what happens , never had good competiotion yet , not sure exactly what my car is running , i know i get a bit of fuel cut at 17.5 psi so ill have to be carfull and not give it pedaL to metal , good crack mate , one day ...eh
Respect .........
Old 17 August 2004, 10:37 AM
slim_boy_fat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by martyrobertsdj
Isn't it surprising how many non-Scooby owners actually visit Scoobynet??

I'm guessing you all come to let us know when you've beaten us!! LOL
I prob becasue so many scooby owners drive about thinking they are the ticket.

And that they have the only car that will go round corners......Wrong.

Fair play good friendly banter, try not to do anything mad to prove a point on the road.....

Keep it for the track where you find most scoobies speand their time on the grass while the others get on with circulationg the track. Well they are rally cars after all.
Old 17 August 2004, 05:21 PM
Scooby Doo-er
Scooby Newbie

Was well impressed with the way your car went Marty , as RR has stated we thought it was a bit more tastier than 244 bhp, i would have said 280 bhp if comparing to other Scoobs claiming them figures.
Will see you again lads but lets keep it friendly and safe .

Jools
Old 17 August 2004, 05:40 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by slim_boy_fat
I prob becasue so many scooby owners drive about thinking they are the ticket.

And that they have the only car that will go round corners......Wrong.

Fair play good friendly banter, try not to do anything mad to prove a point on the road.....

Keep it for the track where you find most scoobies speand their time on the grass while the others get on with circulationg the track. Well they are rally cars after all.
Don't fall into the stereo type trap you tight scottish b@stard
Old 17 August 2004, 06:11 PM
RR
Scooby Regular

I would have said Martys car was more than 244bhp. But they were his last figures from Well Lane.