Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

WR1 running 14 second 1/4's at the pod

Search this Thread

Old 20 June 2004, 05:38 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WR1 running 14 second 1/4's at the pod

was it you???
Old 20 June 2004, 07:14 PM
scottywrx
Scooby Regular

no one is going to own up to that !!!!!!!!!!!

I saw it as well and can only guess the owner was being "gentle" ....
Old 20 June 2004, 08:53 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Funny thing is a young lad I know has one and he told me yesterday he rang prodrive after the running in period up to say '' i thought these were supposed to fast, if i could have tried before i bought i wouldnt have bothered'' ......lol
Old 20 June 2004, 09:53 PM
ChungsterSTI
Scooby Regular

I was at the pod today and I can confirm this WR1 was not doing the times its supposed to do, especially if its running more than the std 320ps power level!

I did hear though the chappie has been having problems with the turbo pipe blowing off in last week or 2.
Old 21 June 2004, 07:48 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Chungster ..... If you had a turbo hose blowing off would you be doing the 1/4 mile??...sounds like an excuse to me
Old 21 June 2004, 08:34 AM
mrklaw
Scooby Regular

yeah, but if you've just shelled out £30k + mods, are you really going to welly it a few hundred miles after run-in?

Even if he intended to, I bet he was unsure and didn't give it his all. Surely the only explanation, as a standard STI would do those numbers, and it is in a straight line
Old 21 June 2004, 08:52 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

mrklaw ..... lol at your comment. If you take your car on the strip you are going to be giving it your all and anyone who tells you he didn't try is talking ****e IMHO. Besides if you werent trying you would only do it once ..... Not the two or three times at least that i saw.

Just like i wasnt giving it my all when i got my arxse soundly kicked by an M3 CSL on the way to the pod

Last edited by Gutmann pug; 21 June 2004 at 08:57 AM.
Old 21 June 2004, 09:05 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

It was my car and yes I've had a lot of problems over the last week with my turbo pipework. Secondly the best run I had was 13.89 with a 1.2 second reaction time, my reaction times before that were 0.389 and 0.588. If you take my best run and put in my reaction times it would have been pushing high twelves. I tried to put in another three runs but they wouldn't let me until after lunch. But I had to get home.

Gutmann you like slating these cars because you've done so in two or three posts before ... as any person in the know could see I was taking it very easy as to be honest I'd rather have my car on the road rather than in a workshop being fixed.
Old 21 June 2004, 09:07 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Also in response to your last post. My best time was posted on my third run after I was happy the car was responding and the pipework was intact ... the first two I was not taking it to the top of the rev/power range. Still took out and EVO 6 and an STI PPP though so to be honest you can shut the **** up mate.
Old 21 June 2004, 09:10 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

lol
Old 21 June 2004, 09:16 AM
Simon Lines
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=Gangsta Smurf]It was my car and yes I've had a lot of problems over the last week with my turbo pipework. Secondly the best run I had was 13.89 with a 1.2 second reaction time, my reaction times before that were 0.389 and 0.588. If you take my best run and put in my reaction times it would have been pushing high twelves. QUOTE]

Your problem is going to be heat-soak in the intercooler and MAF, anything you can do to reduce this will help.

e-mail me offline if you want to slines@prodrive.com

Cheers

Simon
Old 21 June 2004, 09:35 AM
tuscan57
Scooby Regular

god here we go again! gangsta why reply they only slate ya car! (jealousy maybe?)
Old 21 June 2004, 09:42 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gangsta,
I was going to reply and say that dragging such a new car that "may" have a problem is not going to do you any favours with IM/Prodrive when you need to claim on the warranty - but it sounds like they're on to you already

Nick
Old 21 June 2004, 09:53 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Butty ... why build a modified STI PPP and talk it up as the fastest UK impreza built to date and then expect the owners to just look at the statistics on paper and not test them.

My car was run in long ago and it's nearly time for the 5000 mile service! I didn't buy it to not proove what these companies are quoting it as being able to do.

Subaru even advertise track days and the like on their own website.
Old 21 June 2004, 10:14 AM
MarvSTi5
Scooby Regular

Arrow

As I understand it your reaction time is irrelevant at the Pod as your 1/4 mile time starts when you cross the line - not from when the lights go green.

That said with over 300 BHP, all things being equal you should be getting very low 13's, poss very high 12's

Wonder what 400BHP will get??
Old 21 June 2004, 10:51 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Gangsta ...... nice to see your great reply to my post with a ''shut the **** up mate''. Very well thought out and considered words me thinks.

If i wanna post about WR1's then I will thank you very much. No i'm not a lover of them as you can tell. Well actually I'm not 100% sure its the cars I dont like or whether its the owners in general..... Loads of looking down noses at people with STi's etc and as of yet I havent seen or heard of anything to prove they are as good as the stats say they are. Still hopefully time will tell and I will be proved wrong.

Not sure how happy I would be about having turbo hose troubles this early on and certainly not sure I would be taking my car up the pod to see if it was fixed or not.

Last edited by Gutmann pug; 21 June 2004 at 11:02 AM.
Old 21 June 2004, 10:57 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Gangsta ...... nice to see your great reply to my post with a ''shut the **** up mate''. Very well thought out and considered words me thinks.

If i wanna post about WR1's then I will thank you very much.
lol. Open opinion is welcome on here. Poor old WR1's eh. I don't know much about them but I do know that 30k for one is a joke. Money to burn (IMO of course).

....take the bait??
Old 21 June 2004, 10:59 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Marv ... agree with you on the timings etc. I wa getting 13.6's in my old 98 Turbo and that was running around 270 hp. Was expecting low 13's in the second set of runs I wanted to do but as I wasn't allowed I didn't get the chance.

Gutmann ... if you worded you're replies to your orginal post a bit better I would have given you more courtesy. But going on your past record of slating these cars I really can't be bothered to be my usual nice self.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:01 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by ChungsterSTI
I did hear though the chappie has been having problems with the turbo pipe blowing off in last week or 2.
....err?? How old is this car exactly?? I hope it's not as Friday afternoon/Monday morning job.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:01 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
lol. Open opinion is welcome on here. Poor old WR1's eh. I don't know much about them but I do know that 30k for one is a joke. Money to burn (IMO of course).

....take the bait??

Senior as you said mate you don't know much about them! Nor have you driven one!
Old 21 June 2004, 11:02 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gangsta Smurf
Senior as you said mate you don't know much about them! Nor have you driven one!
30k for an Impreza. lol. I wouldn't wanna drive one. Vents and scoops everywhere looks like the starship Enterprises sister ship. Heat soak.

The last of the classics are still my favourites. MY00 in blue, standard = nice motor.

Last edited by Senior_AP; 21 June 2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:05 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Gangsta.

Are you the guy with the 360 bhp WR1?
Old 21 June 2004, 11:06 AM
Gidney&Knowlesy
Scooby Regular

Leave the kid alone..........

Gangsta don't worry about it mate..... as you say "it draws the honeeez" & that's all you want in life, glad to see you're enjoying it.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:12 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by XtremeScoobies
Leave the kid alone..........

Gangsta don't worry about it mate..... as you say "it draws the honeeez" & that's all you want in life, glad to see you're enjoying it.

HONEEEZ LIKE THIS??

http://www.richwear.fabpage.com/images/burberry.jpg

http://www.allthingsnails.co.uk/NON%...rberry%202.jpg

30K FOR A ****!! Lol. I find a nice shirt does the trick.

Last edited by Senior_AP; 21 June 2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:26 AM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gangsta,
I was trying to be a bit more constructive than others on this thread.
I thrash the nuts off my car, but then I know it works OK from RRds and delta dash output.
The WR1 has been designed to do something special as Prodrives times show - however, that's with a car that is behaving itself.
If I knew I had trouble with it then the last place I would go and give it a good trashing is a strip.
The there's the embarassment of doing a poor 1/4 mile.
Go and get it fixed and get it to do what the Prodrive book says at Santa Pod. Then you'll be able to wipe the smile off the stirrers.....

Nick
Old 21 June 2004, 11:31 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butty
Gangsta,
I was trying to be a bit more constructive than others on this thread.
I thrash the nuts off my car, but then I know it works OK from RRds and delta dash output.
The WR1 has been designed to do something special as Prodrives times show - however, that's with a car that is behaving itself.
If I knew I had trouble with it then the last place I would go and give it a good trashing is a strip.
The there's the embarassment of doing a poor 1/4 mile.
Go and get it fixed and get it to do what the Prodrive book says at Santa Pod. Then you'll be able to wipe the smile off the stirrers.....

Nick
I wish you all the best with your 1/4 mile times....however thrashing your car up a straight, flat, 1/4 mile strip of track doesn't really appeal to me so you'll be unlikely to see me at such an event unless I'm forced to go to the Pod with a mate of mine in his 1.4 Clio with 15 inch venoms.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:32 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Run what you brung.....

Chav what you have......
Old 21 June 2004, 11:35 AM
Gangsta Smurf
Scooby Regular

Nick,

I actually appreciate your comments as opposed to the sh!te that people like Gutman post up.

I'm not embarressed with the runs the car put in one bit. I had problems which are now fixed and was just seeing how it went first before doing some proper runs. For me this car represents the slog and 12 hour days I put in during the week so i wanted to see how it faired first as I don't want to break it. Then if the boost wasn't right I would have stopped and no damage would have been done. I went there for me not anybody else.

Gutmann - no my car is not the one you are referring to but I know who's car it is. As I said in your original post about the car he doesn't post up on the scoobynet.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:40 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Personally gangsta I didnt think i had posted too much shxite and in fact i have sent you a private message explaing my reasons and that i would post not again on this thread .......You either havent read it or have read it and dont care anyway

If you want to continue on here please point out the area where i am ''talking ****e'' and if i agree i will remove it from the thread .... or just private me your comment.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:41 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
Personally gangsta I didnt think i had posted too much shxite and in fact i have sent you a private message explaing my reasons and that i would not again on this thread .......You either havent read it or have read it and dont care anyway

If you want to continue on here please point out the area where i am ''talking ****e'' and if i agree i will remove it from the thread .... or just private me your comment.

It's not a dating site mate!! Private messages etc etc. Give me a tinkle if you want, winkle!! ;-)

Only 4 days til the Ring!!!!!

Quick Reply: WR1 running 14 second 1/4's at the pod