Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

silver sti,tunbridge wells...

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2004, 07:22 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up silver sti,tunbridge wells...

new age,going towards the town centre on the A26 this morning at about 9ish,i was in the red classic just going out of town....
alrite m8

BM
Old 05 May 2004, 09:47 AM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Default That would be me then!

Hi BM, yes mate that was me . Only had it for 10 days and still grinning like a fool.
Old 06 May 2004, 05:53 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hello Lancaster m8,welcome to SN.
so 10 days eh?enjoying it?
its a nice looking motor m8,dont seem to see many silver new age sti's,normally blue or black
have you done or do you plan to do any mods?
plenty of advice on here if you need it

BM
Old 07 May 2004, 03:04 PM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Hi Bartman, I am really glad to have gone for the silver, as you rightly say, they are all blue or black.

As for mods, I have had the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP305) put on from new as well as a set of 18" Oz 10 spokes. I have just passed the run in (1,000 miles ) and gave it the minerals for the first time yesterday. And there was me thinking that my old STi 5 280bhp import was quick!!! What a blast!!

I am sure there will be some bits to "up the anti" soon and it would be rude not to ask for ideas me thinks !

What kind of meets are there locally? I live in Crowborough, but could not make the last Sussex meet (at Bolney) are there any closer to home?

Catch ya later mate.

Lancaster
Old 10 May 2004, 11:19 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Lancaster
Hi Bartman, I am really glad to have gone for the silver, as you rightly say, they are all blue or black.

As for mods, I have had the Prodrive Performance Pack (PPP305) put on from new as well as a set of 18" Oz 10 spokes. I have just passed the run in (1,000 miles ) and gave it the minerals for the first time yesterday. And there was me thinking that my old STi 5 280bhp import was quick!!! What a blast!!

I am sure there will be some bits to "up the anti" soon and it would be rude not to ask for ideas me thinks !

What kind of meets are there locally? I live in Crowborough, but could not make the last Sussex meet (at Bolney) are there any closer to home?

Catch ya later mate.

Lancaster
alrite m8,
im from gillingham myself so i go to the kent meets that are at dartford and maidstone,you should find some info on the sussex meets in the scoobynet southern section,or if you ever fancy a trip to maidstone your more than welcome,have a look at our site here http://www.kentscoobies.com/ we have a forum on it too...

BM
Old 11 May 2004, 08:10 AM
eastsussexscooby
Scooby Regular

Default East Sussex meets

Hiya
Take a look here for info on the East Sussex group
http://www.eastsussexscoobies.co.uk/
I am fom Uckfield, there must be around 10 Scoobys around here and quite a few of them wave ! I have a classic silver wagon.
Old 11 May 2004, 02:04 PM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eastsussexscooby
Hiya
Take a look here for info on the East Sussex group
http://www.eastsussexscoobies.co.uk/
I am fom Uckfield, there must be around 10 Scoobys around here and quite a few of them wave ! I have a classic silver wagon.

Top banana's
Cheers for the link mate!

I will keep the old peepers open for the next meet and will come along for sure. I usually get a wave from scoobs in Uckfield & Crowborough (there are 5 or 6 in Crowborough) I work in Ditchling and they are not too happy to wave over here for some reason. Is it cos we's from da East Side?

Look forward to the next meet, see you there!

Lancaster
Old 11 May 2004, 02:11 PM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bartmanuk
alrite m8,
im from gillingham myself so i go to the kent meets that are at dartford and maidstone,you should find some info on the sussex meets in the scoobynet southern section,or if you ever fancy a trip to maidstone your more than welcome,have a look at our site here http://www.kentscoobies.com/ we have a forum on it too...

BM
Hi BM
My olds live in Gillingham, so I could combine a trip to them with a meet. I will keep an eye open for up coming dates.

Cheers for the link mate, I will check it out later.

Lancaster
Old 11 May 2004, 05:11 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I used to run a Kent meet, used to meet up at The Woodman in Ide Hill (Sevenoaks) but seeing as I'm in Canada right now, it tends not to get run.

There is the Kent scoobies meet near Dartford, Then there are the East and West Sussex meets too. I'd certainly get along to the Sussex meets, a good bunch of people, and very knowledgeable too.
Old 11 May 2004, 09:38 PM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
I used to run a Kent meet, used to meet up at The Woodman in Ide Hill (Sevenoaks) but seeing as I'm in Canada right now, it tends not to get run.

There is the Kent scoobies meet near Dartford, Then there are the East and West Sussex meets too. I'd certainly get along to the Sussex meets, a good bunch of people, and very knowledgeable too.
Cheers Markus.

I am new to all this (scoobynet) and I am so impressed with the way people are out to help us "newbies" find their feet on here.

I used to drink in the woodman funnily enough, many moons ago. With a guy called Andy Fox.

Thanks for the info mate.

Regards
Lancaster
Old 12 May 2004, 05:22 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Hi BM
My olds live in Gillingham, so I could combine a trip to them with a meet. I will keep an eye open for up coming dates.

Cheers for the link mate, I will check it out later.

Lancaster
if you do fancy it just give me a shout,theres a few of us in the medway area so we get to start the very small convoy before we meet up with Pele,who runs kentscoobies,and a few others...

BM
Old 13 May 2004, 10:14 AM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Top bananas

I will give you a shout. Pele has included me the mailing list for Kent so I will keep an eye open. And will give you a shout!

Cheers for your help mate

Lanc
Old 13 May 2004, 02:01 PM
Nick Martin
Scooby Regular

The Grasshoopper Westerham too but i haven't seen anything re that meet lately.
It was good for me - living in Edenbridge
Old 13 May 2004, 02:41 PM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
The Grasshoopper Westerham too but i haven't seen anything re that meet lately.
It was good for me - living in Edenbridge
Thanks Nick
I have not been to the old **** Groper for years. Seems a perfect venue though with that car park. I will watch out for that one too.

Lancaster
Old 13 May 2004, 03:45 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Lancaster - No problems matey. Did used to love running the meet (ok, so it used to be KimA's meet, and I took over, so not really mine). The whole idea was that it was a social thing, and very open, don't need a scoob to come or anything, as long as you love cars, that's fine

Grasshopper, hmm, I *think* that CharlieWRXSTI (she can be found in 'southern' or 'muppets') does/did run a meet at the grasshopper. Pretty sure the skyline chappies use it as well.

As said, get along to the meets, you'll be made very welcome, and if you have questions, then ask, that's what where here for
Old 14 May 2004, 10:53 AM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus
Lancaster - No problems matey. Did used to love running the meet (ok, so it used to be KimA's meet, and I took over, so not really mine). The whole idea was that it was a social thing, and very open, don't need a scoob to come or anything, as long as you love cars, that's fine

Grasshopper, hmm, I *think* that CharlieWRXSTI (she can be found in 'southern' or 'muppets') does/did run a meet at the grasshopper. Pretty sure the skyline chappies use it as well.

As said, get along to the meets, you'll be made very welcome, and if you have questions, then ask, that's what where here for
Thanks for that Markus

Looking forward to getting to some meets in the very near future. It looks like I will have quite a lot to choose from as well.

Cheers mate
Lancaster
Old 14 May 2004, 08:55 PM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

I live in Lindfield and work in Tonbridge, so I'm through that way every day. I saw a silver STi a couple of weeks back behind me somewhere too but can't remember where - may have been Penshurst-Fordcombe. I waved, but then got a bit enthusiastic and booted it a little. If you were running it in it might have explained why you didn't!. That you?
There's a black classic with gold wheels I often see around Groombridge area.
There's quite a few around Haywards Heath too but not many waves. In fact there's 2 I see every day near Lindfield but they're not on here.
Jerry - Silver '03 wagon.
Old 15 May 2004, 10:53 AM
Lancaster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerry B
I live in Lindfield and work in Tonbridge, so I'm through that way every day. I saw a silver STi a couple of weeks back behind me somewhere too but can't remember where - may have been Penshurst-Fordcombe. I waved, but then got a bit enthusiastic and booted it a little. If you were running it in it might have explained why you didn't!. That you?
There's a black classic with gold wheels I often see around Groombridge area.
There's quite a few around Haywards Heath too but not many waves. In fact there's 2 I see every day near Lindfield but they're not on here.
Jerry - Silver '03 wagon.
Hi Jerry
I don't get out Penshurst way, so it wasn't me unfortunately.

I go out through Newick and past Chailey Heritage every day, the closer I get to Haywards Heath, the less waves you get!? Strange one that?

I used to have a black classic with gold wheels (well still have actually, not sold it yet ) but I think I know the one you have seen. I have never seen it on the road but many other people that I know have.

Do you go to the meets? If so, will see you at one soon I hope.

Cheers fella
Lancaster

Last edited by Lancaster; 17 May 2004 at 02:16 PM.