Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

A27 Havant Monday night

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2004, 09:49 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up A27 Havant Monday night

Red new WRX with pimp tints, about 10:45pm. You joined at the Eastern road and gave it some stick . I slowed down and you overtook me, so I decided to give chase! Was gaining on you but slowed down as we started to get near another car. You then headed off towards Hayling. That was the fastest I have ever been in my scoob! I couldn't believe it as the needle went past 80mph!

Don't know if you frequent this site - not seen you at the Hants meets although I have missed a few recently.

Cheers
Old 28 April 2004, 01:40 AM
pearcey555
Scooby Newbie

Wink

Alas I am guilty. There was me pottering up the slip road onto the A27 and I didn't really notice you first until i went to over take and you seemed to put your foot down a little. Was on my way to work so I couldn't be arsed, but then thought what the hell as I hadn't given her proper stick before.

Wasn't sure if you were catching up or just holding on, but when i looked down and saw the speedo hovering at about 155 (kph officer) I thought the guy coming off the other slip road must have shat himslef, at the noise if nothing else !

What you running there - just a MY03 PPP for me, for the time being at least !

Pearcey
Old 04 May 2004, 05:36 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Alright Pearcey. I was on my way to work too, bloody nightshifts. Mine's a MY97 UK turbo with full decat and running about 14psi boost. I put my foot down again just as you overtook me and after that we were neck and neck for quite a while. Then I did start to make a bit of ground and pulled behind you and was getting quite close, but then I spotted that guy pulling out so backed off. Maybe your speedo is more accurate than mine as mine was reading 5 (kph) faster than yours - or maybe that's why I was gaining a little bit! Think mine was 263bhp on the rr so I suppose the performance would be quite similar anyway. It's nice to come up against another car that can give you a run for your money, although I must try to resist the temptation in future!
What are you planning in terms of future mods?
Cheers,
J
ps where did you get you tints done? (£?)
Old 09 May 2004, 12:23 PM
pearcey555
Scooby Newbie

Jamie,
Tints were done by Pentagon Glassware, they were on the car when i bought it, but think they are about £450. I agree they are a bit pimp but are supposed to be security glass as well - was a bit reluctant when i bought the car, but got used to them now and they dont look too dark in the daylight
Want to get it lowered a bit for starters but saying that found out last week that i might be getting made redundant by September, so she may have to go for something a bot cheaper to run... plus i dont want to do anything yet that'll invalidate the warantee.

Pearcey
Old 10 May 2004, 12:21 PM
JamieMacdonald
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear that mate. I'm not being made redundant, but I am letting mine go. I've moved to a higher risk area and my renewal has gone up over 50% to 1.5K and there is NO WAY I am paying the majority of a months wages on one years insurance. I am a bit gutted but better start looking for a nice hot-hatch I suppose.