Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Bug eye on M60/A34 - SMALL INCIDENT!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 27 October 2003, 10:19 AM
pazzadog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who was it who came across the road to speak to me ref the mishap.
Old 28 October 2003, 11:36 AM
Ian236
Scooby Regular

Hi there it was me!

Thanks for being so generous in not posting a piccy of it! and describing it as a small incident.

It was, as you can imagine, not the best day of my life - but at least i walked away from it so not too bad. Dont know what happened the back end completely spun round - wasnt speeding it just seemed to jump a bit from the rear right end - possible blow out and then all hell broke loose I think it spun round about 3 or 4 times it seemed to gain momentum - but it was unbelievable!

I have not had the bottle to go back round that road since but my brother reckons that there is 50 metres of armco gone - i was very lucky.

You would not have believed the amount of smartarse comments that were made " not so effing quick looking now is it mate " the police who were great heard that one and pulled the guys over for a rollicking - there were also some very nice concerned people who offered help and assistance.

The car is a mess but Im ok - I think - take it easy as they say

Ian
Old 28 October 2003, 03:07 PM
pazzadog
Scooby Regular

blimey, not good...you do normally get some smart arsed pillocks when it comes to broken subarus (my boss being one of them!!)Is it a right off?
Old 29 October 2003, 09:18 AM
eric Scofield
Scooby Regular

I know exactly what you mean ...

Sat on M4 (car park) queuing as usual, when some ar$ehole in a BMW 3 series- for a change- rolled into the back of me ... I was livid and took a lot of self control and deep breaths not to take my frustration out on the driver or his silly little car .. anyway having composed myself, and having seen that the damage amounted to a microscopic scratch which could be removed by repeated brushing with the sleeve of my jacket, I accepted 40 quid off the driver rather than the pointless exercise of exchanging insurance details etc .. While he was fishing around in his wallet and asking his passengers for some wedge the number of sarcy comments from other drivers coming past, mostly aimed at "a scooby in trouble" was, to say the least, annoying ...

My irriataion was eventually allayed by a guy in a mint Merc who took the time to pull over and offer to be a witness should I decide to report the incident .. repaired my faith in human nature to some extent ..
Old 29 October 2003, 01:20 PM
Ian236
Scooby Regular

Hi pazzadog

I know it looked absolutely awful but it will surely take a hell of a lot of damage for it to be write off as it must still ( was ) worth 20K approx,. and was always treated like a baby since it was born with 6 miles on the clock when I got it.

Will e-mail damage stats to you when they are to hand but as i say just pleased to have walked away from it - still not a clue what happened though

Thanks also to Eric for empathising with regards to other peoples comments, it would seem that a lot of people out there are just waiting for those of us that drive unusual cars and work hard for the privilege to come unstuck in some way either by car-jacking, theft or accident so that they can come out with smug comments - does it make them feel better I wonder?

I believe that what goes round comes round and these clever people should reflect on their own behaviour before getting cheap shots in when someone is down.

Cheers

Ian

Old 29 October 2003, 05:17 PM
pazzadog
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

well said, my thoughts exactly.

The impreza does seem to attract comments from the d*ckheads of our society, jealousy is usually the reason i would say....get back to your mother and pull on her apron strings is usually my response, spoilt spoilt spoilt!!!!!
Old 29 October 2003, 09:59 PM
subarujimmy
Scooby Regular

Heard about this in work today. A guy at work said he had "seen a car just like yours" with the exhaust off.
Unlucky mate, at least you weren't seriously injured.
Old 30 October 2003, 06:58 AM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Jealousy it certainly is. What they don't realise is that they too could be the proud owner of a subaru for as little as £7k for a second hand one (good one). That's cheaper than a new silly car like a focus or something isnt it?

Glad your ok

Karen x
Old 30 October 2003, 10:10 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about this and glad you're OK.

Don't worry about the comments from the passers by, it's happening everywhere. I had an accident in the wife's MY99 a couple of months ago when a 4x4 (surprise surprise) pulled out of a side turning in front of me.

Whilst waiting to be picked up I had countless shouts from cars passing the incident including a BMW 3 series driver (surprise surpise again) who took the time to slow down, wind his window down and shout 'Not so f***ing fast now is it mate?'. Amazingly I didn't rise to the bait content in the thought that despite everything at least I don't have such bad taste as to think a BMW 3 series is a good car

Regards,

tiggers.
Old 30 October 2003, 10:13 AM
pazzadog
Scooby Regular

bmw 3 series every sales reps dream!!!
Old 30 October 2003, 12:53 PM
Ian236
Scooby Regular

The guys in the car that shouted abuse were indeed in a 3 series BMW - an M3 looky likey - and drove off very sheepishly after the police had a word, Other drivers of fast / unusual cars were most sympathetic towards my situation and believe me it helped !

Thanks again to all who have posted replies - I cant even think about the car at the moment though.

Ian
Old 01 November 2003, 02:16 AM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

just geen reading this post m8 and iam sorry to hear agout your
predic glad your ok! but you always get the silly c**ts giving sly
remarks but f**k em!![img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
chrissy
Old 01 November 2003, 10:04 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Red face

Not being silly here, but they may be sending you the bill for the armco by per meter and its not cheap (they did that to me on the m60 nr stockport and i didnt even hit it!)

Tony
Old 06 November 2003, 09:51 AM
Ian236
Scooby Regular

Tony

Yes I believe I will be getting a bill for the armco according to the officer at the scene, he seemed to think it was something like £1k per 10 metres - ouch

Ian
Old 06 November 2003, 12:21 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Not got a Scooby but when I had an accident that was not my fault in the Clio 172, some smart@rse in a white van drove past slowly and shouted, "not a very hot hatch any more is it".

Being as he was quite close i snorted a load of lung butter up and gobbed it at his passenger window which was half open. Didnt go in but made a big splat on the window. Made me feel better anyway.......
Old 06 November 2003, 02:19 PM
UK300-199
Scooby Regular

Sorry bout your car,at least you're ok thats the main thing.

I got in to trouble with the law because of a jelous driver,i was parked in a petrol station with my bonnet open,this guy drives in and says to me 'Scrap it',i was very angry coz i thought i had a problem with my car a noise which i thought was coming from the car thats why the bonnet was open,he walks in pays for petrol and say's 'Burn It',obviously i lost my rag and i took the law in my hands.
Got a caution from the officer who understood why i lost my rag.

Some guys should mind their own business.
Old 06 November 2003, 10:49 PM
ThrustSSC
Scooby Regular

Sorry to hear about the motor - hope all gets sorted to your satisfaction.

Re comments from other drivers: a colleague at work had a Ferrari 355 soft-top he bought (presumably he did well on the share options!). The other weekend he was overtaking a 40mph driver in a 60 zone, ran over a nail, blew a rear, and spun into the ditch hitting the bridge. Total write off. Decent bloke gutted. The tossers honked their horns as they passed!

Re BMW drivers: I confess I was once the owner of a 328i coupe. Really liked the car - fast and comfortable and great fun when no-one else was around - but hated being treated as a BMW-driver by people out to be ******* to you - maybe this is why BMW drivers are always so pissed off?! Got my scoobydo and now live very happily in a different world. Other drivers treat me with respect again. White Van Man gets out of my way instead of deliberately cutting me up. And other scooby drivers wave and smile at me :-). I have seen the light and have been reborn!!
Old 07 November 2003, 08:36 AM
pazzadog
Scooby Regular

tip top, my gaffer used to have an m3 but got rid because of the reputation which came with owning one, he was forever sending into the bodyshop as d**kheads were forever keying it!!! stick to a scoob much less hassle?