Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

WRX / Horse thread - Deleted.

Search this Thread

Old 05 September 2001, 04:07 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Hi,

I have deleted the thread regarding the WRX /horse incident. This is because the title contained the full registration number and this is against the rules of the forum. I had sent an e-mail to Charlie H to confirm that it was indeed the reg number in the title, but had not seen a reply. However one of the posts did confirm this so I have deleted it.

Although the thread it's self was getting rather 'lively' I saw no reason to close it, but I can not allow it to remain when it breaks one of the rules (reg number). I have asked Simon if it can be re-submitted without the reg number, as I don't want to stifle/censor discussion unnecessarily.

Hope you all understand.

Thanks
<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>
Old 05 September 2001, 05:31 PM
ed the dead
Scooby Regular

Was that the 'Silver WRX reg No ******* seen in london, being driven by a horse' one?
Old 05 September 2001, 08:21 PM
nuclear_pond
Scooby Regular

Hi,

I just wanted to take time to appologise for some of my ill thought out comments posted on said thread. I meant no offense to any of the people here, or the riders of horses. I'd had a rough day at work and was feeling a little antogonistic

Shropshire is a safe (ish) place to be and if any of you are ever round here let me know and we can meet for a beer.

I know I came across as a Tw@t, hopefully I will get the oportunity from you to show I am not

Old 06 September 2001, 12:16 AM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

It made a very intrigueing read, highly charged responses.... made a lot of people think about it which can't have been a bad thing. Glad to see it ended peacefully.
Old 06 September 2001, 12:24 AM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

I agree that it was an intersting thread. I like it when we have a good debate like that. Shame I had to delete it really. But as I said, it was due to the number plate issue rather than the postings themselves.

I'll see if it can be re-submitted without the reg number (just so Hos can see what happened after his essay posting)

Old 06 September 2001, 07:33 AM
Hos
Scooby Regular

Wink

Aww i didn't get to see what was said after my essay of an entrey
Old 06 September 2001, 07:38 AM
ScooBabe
Scooby Regular

Smile

Thanks for that nuclear pond

I wouldn't judge a person by one post anyway.I know I have posted stuff that later I have thought may have sounded a bit OTT. Its always good to get debate, and even better to see that at least one person on the thread had started to question their own beliefs. Always up for a beer!

Amanda

[This message has been edited by ScooBabe (edited 06 September 2001).]
Old 06 September 2001, 09:28 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Smile

Nuclear Pond,

Cool mate - no hard feelings here

Later,
Neil.
Old 06 September 2001, 03:18 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

Red face

My apologies to those concerned. I was not aware that it was against the boards rules to list reg numbers as I have seen them posted in the past
Nimbus - I havn't replied because I've been on call this week and haven't had chance to check my mail at home. I was going to ask for it deleting anyway as it was getting away from the original point. I was seeing red mist at the thought of someone coming that close to Emma and her friend and just wanted to ask him to be a bit more careful but it blew up into yet another debate (all be it quite an eye opening one)

If anyone wants to continue this debate I sugesst they start a new one as the main point of mine seemed to get lost somewhere along the line and that's not what I wanted

Nuclear_pond - no hard feelings mate, as you can see from my response I too was feeling a bit wound up as well. Offer of beer open if anyone is up this way as well

Thanks for all the support

Charlie

[This message has been edited by Charlie H (edited 06 September 2001).]
Old 06 September 2001, 05:19 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Smile

Charlie,

Thats really wierd that is Both of them being called Emma..... Must be a thing about Emma's and horse riding

I'm originally from York, should be coming up in Dec, to see the relatives (as you do ), maybe I'll take you up on that beer offer - and anyone else you can drag along

Cheers mate
Neil.
Old 06 September 2001, 06:37 PM
Charlie H
Scooby Regular

But is yours soon to be your ex? mine is. She's off in the next week or two to find her "happy ever after" or some bull like that We've been together 6 years and she's surprised that we don't fancy each other as much as we used to!!! Bloody women

Beer sound good, e-mail me nearer the time and I'll try and sort out a scoobynet pi55 up night
Old 07 September 2001, 10:58 AM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Bummer mate

Will do!! Sounds good
Old 07 September 2001, 11:37 AM
druddle
Scooby Regular

charlie h

whilst it looks like our opinions differ, i do respect yours and i think we both may have come across a bit "lively" like !!!

like other have said, i dont judge people on one post either.

if you venture down south, let us know and it would be great to meet up at one of the meetings we do !!

dave