Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

'68 Mustang convertible, Wolfboro, NH

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2001, 08:51 AM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So there we were, Steve behind the wheel and me way over a vast expanse of vynil on the left. The huge 398 (I think) of his Chevy Nova SuperSport throbbing and burbling in front, the chassis jiggling about from the torque....he blipped the throttle and the whole car tipped to one side and roared.....the lights changed and we slowly cruised up the main street.....Steve coaxed the manual gearbox into second and the back wheels chirped as the fat Goodrich's snapped at the hot fast-drying tarmac.....looking through the narrow windows I could see dis-approving looks from some folk and huge grins from guys the right age to remember wanting one of these monsters in the '70's, we headed out of town on the Lake road. Twisting through the sun-dappled trees we cruised, just enjoying the sound of the engine, when a couple of hundred yards up a '68 Mustang convertible pulled into view from a side road and slipped in front. I could feel my heartbeat pick up and the music from Bullitt started to play in my head....I just imagined him wearing black kid gloves and chromed shades, constantly checking us in his mirror....we followed him at a gentle pace for a mile or two, feeling he was taunting us, any minute expecting him to slam the throttle down, light up the back tyres, axle tramping in protestation, and tear off left at the next turn, rear end snaking away leaving a trail of black lines and white smoke....he didn't, he just turned right and that was that! What a waste! Why didn't you want to play? who are you?
Old 31 August 2001, 09:49 AM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Jerry - theres a forum for this sort of post... begins with 'M' ends in 'T' and you are one
Old 31 August 2001, 10:13 AM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

But it's true!

I'm coming round to sort you out, calling me a Muppett!

Old 31 August 2001, 10:44 PM
Scooby-Duke
Scooby Regular

Cool

JB Is it Black & White?????????

Dave
Old 03 September 2001, 11:07 AM
Jerry B
Scooby Regular

S-D

Think it was silver. I shouldn't have posted it here really, I got a bit carried away! Somebody mentioned V8's and I remembered this from my last visit to the states.

I did see a Dodge Charger and a Plymouth something-or-other, both monsters from the same era, a couple of weeks back on the way back from Yorkshire but I can't remember where, M25 maybe, and I had a huuuuuge tear-up with some noisy late 70's Camaro or something down the A303 last month. I loved it! - he kept baiting me, and finally I went for it. He kept coming back for more and each time my family estate car blew it away!