Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Silver 'V' plate near Camberley

Search this Thread

Old 17 May 2001, 11:01 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Hi,

If you are the owner of the silver saloon with the 6x4 tailpipe that I followed between Bracknell and Camberley then well done. The overtaking job you did on the Merc (that was already preparing to overtake) and the car in front was excellent - just the sort of thing that gets performance car drivers a bad name.

SLOW DOWN - It's better to get home later than not get home at all!
Old 18 May 2001, 09:48 AM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Angry

Not this **** again.

This is the same bloke that last year nearly killed my ex girflriend on the road in a serious incident.

He is actually becoming a proper nuisance.

Drop me a mail mate with the reg, I will speak to my mate in the local traffic division.

Ronnie
Old 18 May 2001, 01:32 PM
Yex
Scooby Regular

Cool

My offer of help to carry out an annimated discussion with this moron about the merits of using performance when safe is still open

Yex
Old 18 May 2001, 11:13 PM
Mr Footlong
Scooby Regular

Just to say that it ain't me and I have a big-*** blitz strapped on. Mine's much older anyway....

The main road from Bracknell to Camberley can be fun when right, but I too see far too many stupid manouvres on there....

Cheers,

Nick
Old 19 May 2001, 08:07 AM
ScoobySnack
Scooby Regular

Wink

Not me either........

But there are a lot of silver 4drs in this area mine being one. Will be changing the standard box for a Magnex very soon..........

Just as a question......Is it legal to overtake 2 cars simultanously? I assume that it isn't as it cannot be a safe procedure and may make the other roaduser deviate or put them in danger........I also assume here the road markings allow for overtaking, you can see for some distance to complete the procedure, the weather is good and there is no other Scooby coming the other way to wave to.....

J
Old 19 May 2001, 11:47 AM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

Cool

Don't worry guys, I know it wasn't either of you - we've crossed (pleasantly) before.

This was a personalised plate V8 *** on a car registered from a Sheffield garage (according to the plate). I have seen it before though.

The 6x4 looks like a Magnex, he also has colour coded mirrors etc.

Last seen heading off down the A31 to Guildford (after checking to see if I would try and race - yeah right!)

Laurence
Old 20 May 2001, 11:32 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by RonaldoH:
<B>This is the same bloke that last year nearly killed my ex girflriend on the road in a serious incident.

He is actually becoming a proper nuisance.

Drop me a mail mate with the reg, I will speak to my mate in the local traffic division.[/quote]

Ronnie,

No offense mate, but I think you might be jumping to conclusions! There are a few V-reg silver Subarus running around in the area, and they are NOT the same one!

I remember the previous post, and I know that this driver is not the same one!!!

Laurence,

As mentioned before I know this driver, and he rarely races, but we all make mistakes.

If we were all honest, I don't think think we could all say we were good drivers all the time!

We all have our high speed stories, and I'm sure we all look back and say "F*CK ME, I WAS LUCKY & STUPID!!"

I have been in his car many times, and think he's quite a good driver. And unlike some, I don't fear for my life!

Also when he follows me, I'm the one who'd drive quickly, and he was the one who won't keep up!!

Sorry to hear that not all drivers meet your high standards!

Andy

Old 20 May 2001, 11:59 PM
RonaldoH
Scooby Regular

Talking

Ah, no worries Andy.

But if he did it to me, I'd of kicked his ****.

Old 21 May 2001, 12:42 AM
andrew6321
Scooby Regular

Question

FYI - I saw a silver 4-door with a 'V8 ***' plate and a big tail pipe going through Farnham town centre at about 2pm on Saturday. This one had gold alloys too - does that sound like the same guy?

Andrew
Old 21 May 2001, 01:02 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Question

Andrew,

I think we are talking different cars now! I know he wasn't out in his car this weekend!

Cheers
Andy

Ps - It sounds more and more like it wasn't my friend at all!!!

[This message has been edited by Andy Tang (edited 21 May 2001).]
Old 21 May 2001, 02:25 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

OK Guys,

This is not what the forum is about. It was set up so that people can post friendly questions about other scoobs they see and maybe arrange a local meet, etc., not to post comments about others bad driving and get into some sort of vigilante act!!

It's also obvious from this thread that it's not clear who the guilty party is. It sounds like there are many cars of the type mentioned. Imagine how you would feel if someone decided to take some action against the driver, then found out it was a case of mistaken identity due to the postings here??

Let's keep it a friendly forum please...

<B>N</B><I>i</I><B>m</B><I>B</I><B>u<I>S</B></I>
Old 21 May 2001, 03:15 PM
lpitt
Scooby Regular

I'm quite happy for this thread to be closed now.

I am pretty familiar with around four (I think) pretty flashy silver scoobs in the Camberley area and the most I get from them is a wave or grin as we pass each other! (and please continue waving, I have a 50 mile drive home and it brightens it no end)

I'm 95% sure the guy in question wasn't local.

I have no idea who this driver is and don't want to appear 'better than thou'. I just hoped that if this person reads the list they might think 'oops that was a bit silly wasn't it'.

To be quite honest, this is the first bad manoeuvre I have seen from a fellow owner (and I admit to not being perfect by a biiig margin and not one to judge).

If anyone feels that they're nose is out of joint from this then please accept my apology.

Laurence
PS AN UPDATE: Who owns the silver EVO VI around Bracknell, saw you at Twin Bridges earler, can only say I wish my car sounded HALF as good as that