Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

Blue Renault Laguna M88#SHH - A60, shortly after 5pm 29/06/03

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2003, 06:00 AM
K9VYN [Kevin W]
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Came across this clown at Priory Rover dealer in Arnold heading toward Mansfield - seemed in a hurry, accelerating away from the lights quite quickly. Then proceeding to tailgate and hassle cars in front of him.

On taking the A60 (Mansfield) fork at the roundabout he continued to accelerate quickly away and attemted an overtaking manoeuver as the road was narrowing to one lane. Suddnely he decided it was behind him and his car and he hit the brakes hard, locking up and losing control.

His car spun across the road into the path off on coming traffic, laying down huge amounts of rubber, hitting the grass bank and spining back onto the carriageway. Fortunately the woman in the car coming the other way was able to come to a halt just in time, with the Laguna just clipping her n/s front corner as it came to rest.

As we slowly passed we could see the driver was of Asian origin and some about 3/4 rear seat passengers (11 -13/14 year old passengers perhaps) suddenly popped their heads up - they were white. Not sure if the car was stolen, but we stopped and went back when no-one else seem to stop to assist her.

As I walked back up the road, the lads pushed the car back onto the road and drove off hurriedly(obviously haveing exchanged no details) - I took the reg and didn't spot a tax disc. The lady confirmed this and I rang the police etc, etc, etc.

This car was headed in the Mansfield direction, but I don't suppose anyone else saw it yesterday or has seen it before???? He was clearly showing off, perhaps as he had spotted a big sports car behind - luck b*stard got away without any major damage to his car (shame). At least no one was seriously hurt - it was a potentially lethal incident.

In cases like this, I think we should be allowed to post full reg numbers (it might help) so the driver/car can be quickly apprehended before someone dies! It wasn't his speed that was the issue, but more his complete idiotic attempt to overtake into oncoming traffic when the road was clearly narrowing quickly and his car didn't have the power or poise to pass safely.

Kevin