Notices
Was it you? Spotted another scooby? Find out if they're here. By popular demand, the "was it you" forum :-)

EAST CALDER-KIRKNEWTON LIGHTS

Search this Thread

Old 17 June 2003, 09:39 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi was it you. (silver classic) tonight at east calder, you where going to kiknewton.
Iwas going to waste my mate who was behind me in a blue TT ragtop.

And guess what? i did waste him.

nice to see you, thank for waving.

chris
Old 19 June 2003, 12:57 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Hi Chris, saw your beast a mile off - beauty.

Was doing my best to put on a snap crackle and pop show from the zorst but you had those sweet looking tinted windows up - lol. Nice alloys also. There not standard - cant be - are they?

Mark
Old 19 June 2003, 02:49 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Hi mark,

Yes they are boG standard alloys for an 03 wrx, The rest i,v done.
Tinted windows
Painted side skirts
uk300(wr sport spoiler
and last but not least the PPP

Ran out of cash now so thats it for a while, But going for the prodrive brake upgrade when funds are availible.

Had a classic before the 03 and loved her alot, But i can't help feeling i'v got a bit of a super model now "LOL"

You been polishing yir motor' nice and clean.

Any mods??

chris

[Edited by ( R6 CDW ) - 19/06/2003 14:54:29]
Old 19 June 2003, 02:56 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Hi again,

Are you in or near kirknewton???

chris
Old 19 June 2003, 09:50 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I live just outside Kirknewton but i'm always going to the gym in Livi. I'm up and down the A71 like a blue arsed fly.

Modifications - Bought the car with STI 5 spoiler, alloys and rear tints. The rear tints are a bit of a cowboy job which i should really sort out.

Since november ive blown the engine up once.

Having replaced the engine, ive done the following mods:

Drilled discs front and rear and performance pads
Uprated clutch
Scoobysport up-pipe
Scoobysport down-pipe
Full Afterburner exhaust
Uprated fuel pump
FSE regulator with gauge
Air induction kit
Knocklink
and ofcourse she only gets run on optimax + NF race formula octane booster(vast quantities)

Have you had yours rolling road tested? Any idea what you are putting out? What figures did she have as standard?

Mark
Old 19 June 2003, 10:32 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

The book says 225ps standard (221bhp) "i think".
The prodrive pack takes the power to 265ps (261bhp) " again i think"
She is just starting to get run in 7.5k, And she feels and pulls alot stronger than a month ago.

They reckon the wrx ppp is quicker that a standard sti, i,m not sure if it's true or not, but im happy with performance thus far.

The tt of my mate (paul) was laid waist the night you eyeballed me, i think he is going to sell it (LOL).

Lets meet sometime and have a natter and a cup of earlgrey (HA HA )

KEEP WAVING KEEP FLASHING AND STOP BLOWING UP SCOOBY ENGINES!!

CHRIS
Old 20 June 2003, 03:37 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Wink

Its nice to hear an impreza leave a TT in its wake. Your mate Paul is just going to have to get a proper mans car lol - joking.

Yeah there should also be more meets around the West side of Edinburgh. Ide be interested to compare a sophisticated 03 wrx to my rather basic and plastic version. Gotta here and see what this PPP is all about also.

Anyway its time to get the car cleaned as i seem to have gathered another two inches of brake dust on the alloys again
Old 20 June 2003, 07:01 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Think your right about local meets, i see a lot of scoobies flying about., I see a black classic sboob every couple of days , it sounds grreat, and moves too.

Dont always get a good responce from waving, whats you experiance?

chris
Old 21 June 2003, 02:46 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I seem to get quite a good reponse but i'm very sharp eyed. I'll see a scoob well off in the distance, flash ages before to get the persons attention then will give a wave.

I'm not the best at waving to the bug eye owners which is bad on my part but when they come closer 8 times out of 10 they seem to be old grannies. Power to them but i doubt they even know that their Impreza is knicknamed a Scooby or even that Scoobynet exists I will make more of an effort though
Old 21 June 2003, 06:23 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Chris,

done a lot of thinking this weekend and it looks like i might have to get rid of the WRX. I'm gutted as she is in great shape as ive spent a lot of money on her but you can only deal with so much debt on a very average salary so shes gonna have to go.

Ide like to be the lucky bugger getting a hold of this one!!!! I reacon i'll be lucky if it goes for more than 6K. Tie this in with the fact that ive spent over 4K on it in the last 6 months and you can see how sick i am - lol. Nevermind

Scoobynet? Autotrader? or both?

Mark
Old 22 June 2003, 10:49 AM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

I suppose it depends on the car!, Have you any outstanding finance on it?.
Selling something you love would and should be a very last resort, Ok i know there expensive to run but think on how you will miss her.
What is you do (work) just now, Perhaps looking for another job with more money and better prospects would be the way ahead.

Do you have a mortgage, Lots of cracking deals at the minute, We've moved ours and saved a nice we bit.

Any thing i can do to help?

And if all else fails, SCOOBYNET (1) AND AUTOTRADER (2)

Cheers for now Chris
Old 22 June 2003, 05:00 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Chris,

Its a long story but simply put, ive been into my cars for such a long time and put it first before everything and now i'm gonna have to bite the bullet. To be honest, i want to buy a place of my own to live in. Its either the car or a nice place!! It would also be nice having something working for my money rather than draining it. I'm just going to have to be patient, drive around a clapped out micra for a couple of years then i'll be back in the market for a new beast.

Job wise i'm a typically underpaid Civil Engineer doing Hydraulic Modelling. I think i need to break into another industry somehow to see a better salary. I had thoughts on IT but am a little worried about the volatile market and the fact that IT skills need to be constantly updated or you get left behind. I'm no numptie. I have a couple of degrees and good business sense but just havent a clue which direction to go in or where the money is at. The company i work for is very big and its very easy to get "filed away and forgotten about". Promotions seem to be according to the number of years worked rather than your potential. I look at a managerial job that i'll need to wait another three years before reaching. No joke but i could have done this job straight out of uni.

Where do you think i should be looking? Any ideas?

Thanks Chris, very much appreciate your last response and sorry to bore the hell out of you with my life story - lol

Mark
Old 22 June 2003, 07:55 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Its a funny old game, I worked in manual factory jobs most of my adult life.
No qualifications or skills to talk about, And found myself wandering from job to job.
The way ahead for me was to start my own company1, So i did.

Sometimes (hard to admit) you may find yourself restricting your field of vision, Blinkerd slightly with your qualifications in your choosen field, they could be holding you back.

What was right for you then, may not be now.

You could put them and your past experiance to use in another field
you only live once, Make the most of it.

Keep the car and work even harder, twice as hard, Lets be honest if making a good living was easy, we would all be making 50k a year.
Please dont look at this as a lecture, you will map your own life and make the mistakes, thats how we learn.
I'v never worked so hard in all my working life, 06/70 hours per week, then working at home at night.

But i might not always have too, perhaps my company will grow and support me and my family later on in life.

The 03 is my first ever new car, i'm chuffed to bits that i own one, and concider myself fortunit to be able to afford one, But like all good things it came at a small price.
I had to talk the wife into selling her scorpio24v in order to afford it.

cheers chris
Old 22 June 2003, 08:53 PM
sparkster
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Chris,

good on you mate. Got tonnes of respect for people who work their *** off day in day out to make a decent living. I hope things go really well for you in your new business. I'm sure one day it will be a Pagani Zonda or Ferari driving out from East Calder and the scooby will be the car to go shopping in - lol.

Lets just say that the debt perspective has made me grow up very quickly. Ide love to keep the car but there will always be another day.

I'll sort mysel out. I'm going for it tomorrow. I'm feeling extremely guilty as i will be taking a sicky tomorrow to get my car ready for selling asap. I'll spend the whole day valeting it and repairing a small crack to the front spoiler. Hope the sun isnt out as i'll have to explain to work how this rare form of sickness that i have has made my skin go brown.

P.S. if you see a blue Nissan Micra ever flash you in the future then you know its me in a different disguise. I'll be back!!!

Mark
Old 22 June 2003, 10:46 PM
( R6 CDW )
Scooby Regular

Big repsect mate, if it's goto go then it's got to go.

Drop me a line and i'll take you for a spin from time to time, just to keep your hand in.

Good luck.

chris